News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cape Twirl of Doom

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Member Name: Cape Twirl of Doom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 8 2024, 07:00:33 PM
It’s not Sean, this happened this morning and is awful. I was just at their big gala last night, such a terrible thing to happen.
Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 02:18:15 PM

I just want Heart of Rock & Roll to last til May 16 when I am seeing it. Then I will have seen every single show from this season except Doubt.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 20 2024, 02:24:19 PM
jkcohen626 said: "DAME said: "The leg space in the mezz is a killer. "

Were you in the new "west" mezz or the old "east" mezz

"

I’ll also chime in that the leg space in the old mezz is awful. I had to use a booster cushion so my knees would hit above the seat back in front otherwise I couldn’t sit normally (don’t worry, no one was behind me.)

THE WIZ Previews  Apr 10 2024, 12:20:05 AM
I was also there tonight. Ny friend and I both thought it was the worst show we’ve seen this season. As others already said, so cheap looking and lazy choreography. So many scenes are just bad! The melting scene was one of the worst moments I’ve ever seen on stage. Whoever thought that was how that should be staged? And wtf was the tornado? Four dancers in grey robe spinning around?

I saw the Encores production at City Center and loved it! Why couldn’t this have half the energy o

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 5 2024, 02:19:20 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "
I understand not wanting the residue on your phone, but are you seriously so addicted to it that you need to go through lying to the people in the theater?"

Explain how not wanting to damage a $1000 phone means someone is "seriously so addicted to it"?

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 3 2024, 11:55:09 AM
aj88 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "I've heard they give you stickers to put over your cameras on phones which I am a huge fan of. This seems like the kind of experience where you want to be all in and not be distracted by taking selfies, or recording bootlegs. Big fan of this!"

Yes this is true. Right as you enter the theater, they put a round sticker over your camera that says "Keep it in the Kit Kat Klub". It was strong enough that after the show, it

PATRIOTS Previews  Apr 2 2024, 11:41:00 PM
Saw the 2nd preview tonight, God the first act is so deathly dull and boring. The woman next to me kept nodding off. The humor just did not work at all. There were so many lines that seemed like they were supposed to get a laugh that maybe a couple people lightly chuckled at.

Second act was better at least though Putin’s change from wanting liberalization to becoming a power-hungry murderous dictator is so sudden without any real explanation. I guess if that’s how it really was then the

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 31 2024, 04:43:18 PM
PipingHotPiccolo said: "this all seems so gimmicky to me (zero plans to see this unless someone procures me a steep discount), but this seating chart/images make me even more convinced this is a show designed to impress the critics and die-hards willing to spend $500, and everyone else will be accommodated with horribly raked garbage views from up top. may it make millions! but count me out until i hear otherwise"

I sat in Row M of the mezz for the dress

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 31 2024, 12:38:13 AM
Jordan Catalano said: "Do they do the “sticker on the phone” thing?"

No, they handed out stickers but no one was made to put them over the cameras.

The pre-show is such an experience! It’s like a mini show in itself! Definitely get there early enough to be there for that. And it takes place on several levels so make sure to visit all floors. So immersive, it really feels like you’re in the Kit Kat Club. They’ve redone the entire interior of the s

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 30 2024, 11:13:04 PM
Jordan Catalano said: "Have fun!! Hope you still get your free schnapps when you enter!"

Free schnapps and free souvenir button on the way out!

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 30 2024, 06:36:43 PM
Jordan Catalano said: "Is invited dress tonight? That looks like an exact recreation of London."

Yup! On my way there now. Really curious to see how they do this production.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 29 2024, 11:38:22 AM
desperateAndee said: "Given that Redmayne isn't performing on Monday evenings, will he not be in the first preview?"

He won’t perform on Mondays starting June 17.

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 28 2024, 12:26:00 AM
Geez, I bought a $20 ticket for May 16 since April is so packed (and because it was only $20!) but now I wonder if it’ll even make it that long!
LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 28 2024, 12:21:09 AM
Oh my.

That looks like a pharmaceutical ad for a new drug.

“Talk to your doctor to see if Lempicka is right for you.”

SUFFS Previews  Mar 27 2024, 12:11:51 AM
It was OK, but needs some work.

I kept noticing anachronisms that stuck out. Small things that aren’t a big deal to the plot (Babe Ruth was not a famous name in 1913, “Black” wasn’t the term used for people in the 1910s), but since this show is basically a sung Wikipedia article, inaccuracies in one place made me side-eye how well-researched and accurate the whole thing is.

I really did not like the set. It’s so bare and empty with huge wooded doors that slide on and

BCEFA Spring 2024 Collections  Mar 22 2024, 10:20:38 AM
They have copies of many different songs, each signed by the actors who performs them.
WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Mar 22 2024, 12:21:53 AM
dramamama611 said: "I saw the two shows back to back (Tues night/Weds matinee) and I MUCH preferred Water to the boring Notebook. Not trying to say I'm right vs those that felt the other way - just providing the other side of the coin.
I
"

Same! I thought The Notebook was pretty middle-of-the-road other than the two phenomenal older characters, whereas Water for Elephants was dazzling and electric. I was so surprised to read all the negative responses h

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Mar 22 2024, 12:04:15 AM
Saw it tonight and I agree, the rumble scene was so well done! It got its own applause when it was over. Really stunning work and so physical!

There were a bunch of school groups there tonight for a talkback afterwards, and the teens sitting near me all loved it and were sobbing at the end.

I really enjoyed it as well, minus a few quibbles. Somehow I’ve never read the book or seen the film so the story was entirely new to me and I loved the relationship between the three brothe

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 20 2024, 10:34:56 AM

I did have one small issue with the show, perhaps I missed something:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

When Lempicka flees to France in 1917 she has a baby, Kizette. She is then shown painting her daughter, now played by Zoe Glick, so I assume a long span of time has passed but then the year said it was maybe 1920? So she's supposed to be a

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 20 2024, 10:17:40 AM

terrilovesNY said: "Could anyone in attendance comment on seat locations? Wouldthe first few rows be too close and considered a partial view? Thoughts on mezzanine or orchestra? Thanks!"

I was in the 3rd row balcony on the right. I did miss some of the action that happened high up on scaffolding, but most of it was in full view.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You