News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Cape Twirl of Doom

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Member Name: Cape Twirl of Doom
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Scherzinger in SUNSET BLVD. Previews
 Oct 20 2024, 01:34:18 PM
JasonC3 said: "TotallyEffed said: "I forgot to add that the theatre was extremely warm (I was sweating for most of the show)."

I've seen several comments to this effect. Because once my body heats up it doesn't cool down for a long time, I contacted SeatGeek, explained I had seen several posts about the theater being very warm, and asked to refund my ticket.
Given the performance I am to attend is heavily sold, I fig

SUNSET BLVD. Reviews
 Oct 20 2024, 10:36:59 AM
It’s live each show.
 Oct 4 2024, 12:48:07 AM
theatretenor2 said: "Does the stage left audience around the middle of Row J miss anything? Those prices seem very reasonable right now and I'm tempted to grab them for an upcoming business trip."

I sat in J8 and had a perfect full view, didn’t miss a thing.

Oct 3 2024, 11:13:37 AM
Lot666 said: "WldKingdomHM said: "Don’t know why it’s 90 degrees in here (usher said it’s the directors choice)"
Are you being facetious, or is this true? Is the house routinely kept at 90 degrees?
"

I was so glad it was actually at a comfortable temperature and not freezing like so many theaters! I always bring a sweatshirt but didn’t need it, I was fine in short sleeves.

Oct 2 2024, 11:19:06 PM
I have no idea how to add spoilers on the mobile site so spoiler warning.

I just got back from tonight’s performance and I adored all of it! I don’t care if so much of it doesn’t make literal sense, it all worked for me. The cameras, the close-ups, the outdoors scene, the color palette.
I hadn’t consciously realized everything was in black and white until the moment at the end when the audience is practically kicked in the face with a stage full of bright RED! Such a cool

Oct 2 2024, 10:58:55 PM
No they don’t change any of that, Max still says he met Norma when she was 16 and he directed all her early films.

I just figured the character was older. I never even thought of him being the same age as her, despite the actor’s real age.

BCEFA flea market 2024 collectors unite
 Sep 22 2024, 10:41:47 PM
chrishuyen said: "Marianne2 said: "I think they say 7 because of the live auction. Everything else has shut down, but that starts at 5, I believe."

The live auction was definitely done by 6pm as well.
"

No it wasn’t. The live auction went until around 7pm.

For the first time ever the auction raised over $500,000!

Jason Robert Brown, Taylor Mac, Rob Ashford collaborating on MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL musical adaptation
 Jun 27 2024, 07:44:30 PM
RippedMan said: "See, Pasquale might have made this work, actually. Because Tom Hewitt - one I don't think his voice suits the score, two he's older so the dynamic between him and the younger "eye candy" is confusing. Is it like love? Is it a power thing? Where as I think with Pasquale it might have been less of an issue? I'm not sure how it's handled in the book/movie.

"

Well, Jim Williams was much older than Danny in real life, and I think muc

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 25 2024, 09:54:44 PM
TaffyDavenport said: "This show is the sh*t. Without exaggeration, one of the best things I’ve ever seen on a stage. In my opinion, best cheaperseats are at the ends of the lower balcony. I was in P 242, which is actually marked partial view now because it’s next to the DJ table, but I wouldn’t want to sit anywhere else, because you can see the entire runway coming towards you, as well as the judges’ table from the front.

"

Thanks for this! I just got P242 for one of the extension dates. Too bad the discount is no longer active, but I didn’t want to wait for a new one and have the cheaper seats disappear.

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 25 2024, 09:44:40 AM
CoffeeBreak said: "gibsons2 said: "Ptero2 said: "seussical93 said: "Anyone know if there is an Access City Center Club code for Ragtime? I’m a member and haven’t gotten an email about it yet. Do they usually have Access tickets available for the opener of the season? Thanks all!"

Don't know if it'll work immediately but theACC2425 code appears to be active.
"

What is this code for? Any age restrictions?
"

YES. It'

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 23 2024, 01:46:06 PM

I just called and got a row C middle-ish balcony seat for $28 in less than 5 mins. Call! Don't do the online queue. I didn't even need to provide the actual code (even though I had it), just said I'd like to purchase a Ragtime ticket with the Access City City code.

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 22 2024, 09:26:54 PM
ACL2006 said: "have any of the three vocalists been out yet? They only do 7/shows a week, but it still must be tough singing this for 90 minutes each day.

And I just noticed that Manny Houston made his debut tonight as Arctiini.
"

I saw the show tonight and he was incredible! I didn’t realize he was not the regular performer until everyone on stage clapped for him and patted him on the back during the curtain call. So happy to have se

ILLINOISE Reviews
 May 8 2024, 07:00:33 PM
It’s not Sean, this happened this morning and is awful. I was just at their big gala last night, such a terrible thing to happen.
Insert name of show : posting closing notices
 Apr 30 2024, 02:18:15 PM

I just want Heart of Rock & Roll to last til May 16 when I am seeing it. Then I will have seen every single show from this season except Doubt.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Apr 20 2024, 02:24:19 PM
jkcohen626 said: "DAME said: "The leg space in the mezz is a killer. "

Were you in the new "west" mezz or the old "east" mezz

"

I’ll also chime in that the leg space in the old mezz is awful. I had to use a booster cushion so my knees would hit above the seat back in front otherwise I couldn’t sit normally (don’t worry, no one was behind me.)

THE WIZ Previews
 Apr 10 2024, 12:20:05 AM
I was also there tonight. Ny friend and I both thought it was the worst show we’ve seen this season. As others already said, so cheap looking and lazy choreography. So many scenes are just bad! The melting scene was one of the worst moments I’ve ever seen on stage. Whoever thought that was how that should be staged? And wtf was the tornado? Four dancers in grey robe spinning around?

I saw the Encores production at City Center and loved it! Why couldn’t this have half the energy o

Apr 5 2024, 02:19:20 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "
I understand not wanting the residue on your phone, but are you seriously so addicted to it that you need to go through lying to the people in the theater?"

Explain how not wanting to damage a $1000 phone means someone is "seriously so addicted to it"?

Apr 3 2024, 11:55:09 AM
aj88 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "I've heard they give you stickers to put over your cameras on phones which I am a huge fan of. This seems like the kind of experience where you want to be all in and not be distracted by taking selfies, or recording bootlegs. Big fan of this!"

Yes this is true. Right as you enter the theater, they put a round sticker over your camera that says "Keep it in the Kit Kat Klub". It was strong enough that after the show, it

PATRIOTS Previews
 Apr 2 2024, 11:41:00 PM
Saw the 2nd preview tonight, God the first act is so deathly dull and boring. The woman next to me kept nodding off. The humor just did not work at all. There were so many lines that seemed like they were supposed to get a laugh that maybe a couple people lightly chuckled at.

Second act was better at least though Putin’s change from wanting liberalization to becoming a power-hungry murderous dictator is so sudden without any real explanation. I guess if that’s how it really was then the

Mar 31 2024, 04:43:18 PM
PipingHotPiccolo said: "this all seems so gimmicky to me (zero plans to see this unless someone procures me a steep discount), but this seating chart/images make me even more convinced this is a show designed to impress the critics and die-hards willing to spend $500, and everyone else will be accommodated with horribly raked garbage views from up top. may it make millions! but count me out until i hear otherwise"

I sat in Row M of the mezz for the dress

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You