News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DamnYankees101

DamnYankees101 Profile Photo
Member Name: DamnYankees101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'The Producers': Over $5.26 million for the 4-day New Year's weekend!
 Jan 2 2006, 09:45:25 PM
What! So then The Ringer is raking in more than The Producers? That upsets me because that movie shouldn't even have been made. (<---That doesn't sound like correct English..::finds my word book::)
re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
 Dec 22 2005, 11:46:55 PM
Rue's leaving on the 8th too? MY God it feels like yesterday that Kristin Chenoweth was leaving. Wicked peeps sure go fast.
re: ABC's 'Mattress' and Bush's speech
 Dec 17 2005, 03:29:03 PM
Isn't "Mattress" on regular ABC anyway?
re: RENT's Weekend Box Office
 Dec 4 2005, 06:44:06 PM
Apparantly this is the last weekend to see RENT..maybe it's only in my area..
re: How often do you see musicals in a year?
 Dec 4 2005, 06:42:35 PM
Almost every weekend I'd say. Almost? Yeah about..usually when there's a new show to see unless I really, really like a show and I go see it a couple of times. Lately I haven't had much time though.
re: RENT's Weekend Box Office
 Dec 4 2005, 05:54:26 PM
At least it's doing better than an Usher movie. This I am happy with.
re: My New Broadway Forum
 Dec 4 2005, 12:45:12 PM
I don't find it hard to read just takes a bit more work...and it's true, as Elphaba says, it doesn't send out the right message if you want it to be an unbiased fan community forum. Just a heads up
re: Photo Coverage: Michael Ball and Maria Friedman at Drama League Holiday Luncheon
 Dec 4 2005, 12:34:45 PM
Oooh Maria Friedman is looking good! Yay!

::goes to put on Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat:: Yes it's a bad movie. Let me be!

re: My New Broadway Forum
 Dec 4 2005, 12:32:53 PM
Pretty colors!
re: color purple bathrooms at intermission
 Dec 4 2005, 12:27:43 PM
Hey now don't make fun of the bathrooms. They are the best place to run to while watching bad shows. Unless you just put up with the show. Unless you throw yourself off the balcony seating. Unless you...I won't go on.
re: RENTHEAD...the musical
 Dec 4 2005, 12:20:47 PM
Baha what best said.
re: Why RENT is the bane of my existence/SPOILER
 Dec 4 2005, 11:45:32 AM
I would also like to point out that with this release of the RENT movie, whether you like it or not, hopefully it will sparks people's interests in realizing that AIDS is still a problem here in the U.S.

ALWrules-

1.) It is a ROCK opera, much more rock opera than it is Broadway theatre..and yet it still is, which is something that people think creative. Did you not like Seasons of Love?

2.) They screwd up their lives with drugs and a perverse philosophy to live f

re: Why RENT is the bane of my existence
 Dec 2 2005, 10:57:01 AM
Hey xM3. He's 19. Some hope in me thinks he doesn't really KNOW what he's saying he's just talking but if questioned, he wouldn't really mean that AIDS inflicted artists are freaks.

Unless he's going to grow up to be President Bush the Third.

re: Gonna be a 'quiet' Tony season, huh?
 Dec 2 2005, 10:43:26 AM
Yes I think that's a guarantee if not almost. It's funny, but this time last year people were having huge debates about the upcoming Tonys..it has been rather quieter...

To clarify what I just said as some people were asking me, I wasn't actually posting this time last year, just looking.

Dec 2 2005, 10:08:48 AM
"I just cannot sympathize with people who live in the slums of New York and who put on shows where they moo and scream in dirty freaky underground places and who buy drugs under bridges and who would rather live in these conditions than 'sell out'
Maybe I'm not a true artist, and that's why I don't understand...or maybe I'm just not a freak who romanticizes the idea that drug addicts and musicians and artists and homosexuals are different from the rest of the world and are the only people w

Dec 2 2005, 08:21:44 AM
"contracted AIDS from all the other freaks we sleep around with."

Sorry-what??

"And maybe because I wasn't really coherent when AIDS and homosexuality were a big deal(I'm 19, and as long as I can remember they've been everyday things)"

You're 19? You're 19?? Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of time. Even before the whole boy on man relationship of the Ancient Greeks. That's right ANCIENT GREEKS. My friend who's in her freshman year of high schoo

Orlando Premiere
 Nov 24 2005, 12:54:52 PM
kas- I'm in CT also and the audience that I saw both times I saw the movie were 14-30. The older ones, it was amusing to see, were very sophisticated kind of people, did you notice that or is just where I am?

And the Life Support meetings were perfectly portrayed. The chemistry between everyone was great, all the actors were so natural and...god I was shaking through the entire thing.

Connecticut..
 Nov 24 2005, 12:17:13 PM
I've got to ask..no really..why see RENT if you think homosexuality is so gross? These girls sitting next to me were all like mouthing the words to the songs and such but when it came time for kissing scenes they were thoroughly disgusted. Do you NOT know what you're getting yourself into by seeing it?

Anyway, other than that the theater was PACKED both times I saw it and the audience was, for hte most post, great.

re: Clay Aiken as 'Boq'
 Nov 14 2005, 07:58:39 PM
EW! NO PLEASE STOP!!!

Sorry. Deep breaths.

No. No Clay Aiken. Ever. Especially not in a role originally played by Christopher Fitzgerald. Just. no.

re: 'Duck! It's Andrew Lloyd Webber on 3-D'
 Nov 14 2005, 07:57:56 PM
I love Woman in White. Just had to say that.
Hate Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Thought you all should know.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You