RENT-HEAD: THE MUSICAL

thez914 Profile Photo
thez914
#0RENT-HEAD: THE MUSICAL
Posted: 12/4/05 at 5:00am

Sorry...this was mentioned in another thread and I thought it to be hysterical.

The next phenomenon?

"Art is always in crisis: you must work fast to write in the breath on the window." -Edward Bond
Updated On: 12/5/05 at 05:00 AM

itsmeeeee Profile Photo
itsmeeeee
#1re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 11:08am

I picture the drug addict scene ("got any C man?...) in christmas bells to look something like people hoarding Idina for autographs. And the voice messages could sound something like just about every response to the RENT movie blog: OOMMMGGG i cant waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit lolzzzz I'm Rosario's #1 Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only FIVE MORE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEKS. :re: RENTHEAD...the musical:re: RENTHEAD...the musical:)

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#2re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 11:12am

I pictured Gwen Verdon in tights... until I re-read the thread title. Pretty scary.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#3re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:19pm

haha wow, i was like i couldve sworn that said redhead: the muscial two seconds ago!

DamnYankees101
#4re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:20pm

Baha what best said.

thez914 Profile Photo
thez914
#5re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 3:46pm

Wow I'm surprised more people haven't responded. This comment is mainly just to keep it fresh on the message board, but I'm interested to hear what people think some possible plot lines might entail? Perhaps a frantic staging of a scene outside the stage door, or a cameo by one of the members of the OBC? Would it portray the lives of rent-heads in sincerity, or spoof them a la Forbidden Broadway?

wow...this is starting to get fun...

"Art is always in crisis: you must work fast to write in the breath on the window." -Edward Bond

YankeesFan175
#6re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 4:05pm

LOL! at the idina autographs scene! that would be awesome.

in la vie boheme when idina would moon benny, shed prolly be mooning all the screaming fans just to get them to go away! ha!

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

fetzles1490
#7re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 4:21pm

the riot scene could be staged....

the TKTS booth, or just a cast appearance or something with fans mobbing them and police having to calm the riot. like in the movie during maureens protest.

YankeesFan175
#8re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 5:45pm

haha, thatd be great.

thought this thread deserved a bump, so my comment served well re: RENTHEAD...the musical

Bob: "there is a chance, albeit a microscopic one, that our baby at some point in his or her formative years will get lodged in a tree" ~Related~

NYSinger1 Profile Photo
NYSinger1
#9re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:33pm

A young high school renthead getting Student Rush tickets, and realized he/she only has $19.

YankeesFan175
#10re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:44pm

haha, i can see like a ragtime reaction:

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

greenegirl87
#11re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:45pm

theres gotta be a scene that involves a huge fight between the "#1 rentheads"

"But now the air is filled with confusion. We replace care with illusion."

NYSinger1 Profile Photo
NYSinger1
#12re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:50pm

Another song title
"We hate stunt casting."

Or, "The next Mark is Clay Aiken"

ontheskyway
#13re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:54pm

What about an "I was a renthead before the movie" number?

And then the finale could be how the world ends when Rent closes. re: RENTHEAD...the musical

Updated On: 12/4/05 at 07:54 PM

greenegirl87
#14re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:57pm

and a number about the "true" RENTheads not being able to afford the $1000 reunion concert price.... entitled " the abomination"

wickedbway Profile Photo
wickedbway
#15re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:58pm

Hey! I always loved the idea of Clay as Mark. Its only because his voice is like perfect for it. Can't a Renthead be a Claymate at the same time??

surefinewhatever Profile Photo
surefinewhatever
#16re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:59pm

the "over the moon" protest could be a Renthead protesting how so many songs were cut from the movie

" I don't cause commotions, I am one."

greenegirl87
#17re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 7:59pm

but clays so...creepy!!

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#18re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:01pm

Hahaha... I could totally see this. What You Own becomes a number about who has the best collection of RENT memorabilia, boots, etc. I can just hear the lyrics now...

"How do you recognize the words when the words can't be heard? The band's just too loud!"

yr ronin,
joey

greenegirl87
#19re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:02pm

haha roninjoey im officially appointing you to write the lyrics and the book.

i think us bww-ers could take this wayyy too far :]

YankeesFan175
#20re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:13pm

leta take it all the way!!!!!!!!!!!

arishmoof Profile Photo
arishmoof
#21re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 8:20pm

any Renthead musical would have to include a scene at the ziegfeld rent premiere- it was like the biggest gathering of rentheads the world has ever seen! and everyone crowding around anthony, too funny.

you may know what you need but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#22re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/4/05 at 9:05pm

I think "Over The Moon" should be the mob scene outside the neder after the Lottery on April 29th...and who didn't win tickets.

I am so suprised no one fought for the damn key seat for the movie HA!

OUT Tonight could be the fans rant about which castmember is out of the show yet again..

I also would like to add my monologue that I wrote about 5 years ago..it was an inner monologue from Justin The Line Guy at the Nederlander.. my friend saved it and just sent it to me this past week.. I'd forgotten about it but, I think it's hilarious now.

Justin The Line Guy: Everyone Get On The Fking Grates!!!! Jesus Christ how the hell did I score a job like this? Oh yes, I have to pay my RENT. I need a smoke! Where are my fking cigarettes!! Oh I bet that "coma coma coma coma comelian rob" stole my last cigarette!! IT"S TIME TO CALL THE NAMES?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S TIME TO CALL THE NAMES ALREADY???? I Still Have To Be Bribed By The Fadale Fans To Win Tickets To Her 7th Last Show. Ok HEre Goes: JOEL TORRENCE, JOEL TORRENCE, JOEL TORRENCE, JOEL TORRENCE, ALLI BRODER, JOEL TORRENCE, JOEL TORRENCE, JOEL TORRENCE, YUNG CHUNG SHMAGUNG... YUNG SHMAGUNG ARE YOU HERE??? NO YUNG.. F**K THIS, JOEL DID YOU WIN YET??? Screw This, I'm Going to work for the non-equity tour of Cats.
Updated On: 12/4/05 at 09:05 PM

thez914 Profile Photo
thez914
#23re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/5/05 at 10:06pm

I also think we need a "support group" for people who have gone broke because they just cant stop doing the rush.

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#24re: RENTHEAD...the musical
Posted: 12/5/05 at 10:18pm

Take Me Or Leave Me - It turns into a song about those of us whose friends cannot stand the RENThead aspect of our personality.

The What You Own idea is hysterical.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

Videos