Michelle Federer's replacement?

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#0Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 7:52pm

Sorry about the Wicked question, but have they announced who will be replacing Michelle in a couple weeks? In my defense, I used the search feature and didn't find anything. Also, is she really going to be Julia Roberts' understudy?

willact4food Profile Photo
willact4food
#1re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 7:54pm

They haven't announced yet.
I'm pretty sure she is going to be Julia's understudy.

apdarcey
#2re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 8:24pm

now there's a good project for her to have waited for! except people will be so so upset if they ever hear her name as going on in a performance.

FrancisGumm Profile Photo
FrancisGumm
#3re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 8:37pm

is there an actual date that she's leaving?

"Beating AIDS and extreme, stupid poverty, this is our moon shot. This is our civil rights struggle, our anti-apartheid movement. This is what the history books will remember our generation for--or blame us for, if we fail."-Bono

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#4re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 8:38pm

the 8th along with David, Shoshana and Rue (thank god)

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#5re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 8:49pm

A reliable source tells me that Cristy Candler (OBC Witch's Mother/ Nessa understudy who left last month) will return to the show January 10th and play Nessa through March, when Jenna Leigh Green (Nessa/ Elphaba understudy on Tour) will assume the role.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#6re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 8:51pm

NO

Jenna can't leave the tour! She needs to come back to Toronto on the tour, so i can hopefully catch her as Elphaba.

Akiva

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#7re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 8:55pm

somethingwicked- that's interesting. I'm surprised they couldn't find someone completely fresh...or want to? Hmm. I saw Cristy in August and she was good, and Jenna's a great person and I hear she's very good in the role as well.

But still....WHY not somebody new?

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

somethingwicked
#8re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:05pm

Supposedly they just really liked Jenna and wanted to get her, and since they couldn't get her till March...

All the replacements coming in aren't new. Eden replacing Shoshana, Derrick and Carol coming in fron the tour... "Wicked" is becoming like "Hairspray.." very into inter company promotion.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#9re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 9:14pm

OED,

I see where your coming from, but after thinking about it its not quite true. It's true that new people may not be coming to Broadway cast, but they have to replace the people on tour. I kind of like the fact that people in the company are given the chance to prove themselves and work their way up from the ensemble to a lead and from the tour or Chicago to Broadway, if they should so wish.

Akiva

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#10re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 10:10pm

I see your point there Akiva. Because this would be Jenna's Broadway debut, and that's really great for her. Yeah, she deserves it.

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#11re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 10:17pm

I hope Jenna does come to Broadway. She blew me away!

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#12re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 11:31pm

I think it's great that Cristy Candler is being given the chance to play Nessa for two months because she deserves it. I like the cross between companies in a way, makes it seem like the big family that it is.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

DamnYankees101
#13re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 11:46pm

Rue's leaving on the 8th too? MY God it feels like yesterday that Kristin Chenoweth was leaving. Wicked peeps sure go fast.

elphie30
#14re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:12am

Michelle extend again i know someone who is at wicked almost every weekend and knows alot of the cast and she told me that michelle extened again

Save him please, just save him My poor Boq, my sweet, my brave him Don't leave me till my sorry life has scene Alone and loveless here, just the girl in the mirror Just her and me, the Wicked Witch of the East

somethingwicked
#15re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:23am

Elphie30, whoever told you is misinformed. She has not extended.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#16re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:38am

You know, if I lived in NY could get tickets when Julia is out and then I could see Michelle AND Paul Rudd, yay! Who wants to see Julia Roberts anyway?

PJ
#17re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 1:28am

I don't know about anyone else, but being Julia Roberts' standby would not be a fun job. When Roberts is out, it's going to be a huge ordeal.

somethingwicked
#18re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 10:26am

OH, and I wanted to say, people have asked me how I know Michelle isn't extending and who her replacement is: besides hearing both things from numerous reliable sources, in regards to the extention question, I asked Jen Waldman (in the ensemble) if Michelle was staying because her replacement hadn't been announced, and she said no, she's still leaving, they're just still trying to figure the Nessa situation out in regards to the replacement. I'm guessing this was a hint towards the fact that they wanted Jenna Leigh Green and were still trying to figure out what would happen in those three months between Michelle leaving and Jenna arriving.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#19re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 11:45am

so..uhh..wait..is it Jenna?? I hope not!! I need her to come back to Chicago!!

NY can not have all my awesome tour cast...grrrr lol

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

somethingwicked
#20re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:28pm

Yes, it's Jenna... sort of. Jenna's contract with the Tour doesn't expire until March 1st, and Michelle Federer is leaving January 8th, so from January 10th through March, Cristy Candler will play Nessa. Then, when Jenna's contract ends March 1st, she'll come to the Broadway company.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#21re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:38pm

NOOO you b****es!! lol...

Jenna should come here!!

oh well...enjoy her..she's amazing

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

WickedRentHead
#22re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 11:41pm

I was actually really hoping that Jenna would be in the Tour still when it came to Boston but I would be SO SO happy if she got to play Nessa on Broadway. She has SO much talent and really deserves the role!

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#23re: Michelle Federer's replacement?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 11:54pm

I'd be so happy if Cristy Candler did indeed take over...I saw her go on for Michelle a little over a year ago and thought she did a fantastic job. re: Michelle Federer's replacement?

Videos