My New Broadway Forum

aslarson05
#0My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:23pm

I thought I'd advertise and hopefully get more members by posting here.
A couple days ago I was thinking of opening one but I couldn't think of what to do it about. I finally decided on a Broadway one, for talk and discussion on all Broadway and Off-Broadway shows and performers.
URL: http://broadwayfans.proboards77.com/index.cgi?board=intro

If anyone has any feedback, questions, or anything, you can PM or reply here.

Thanks and I hope some more people join My New Broadway Forum

DamnYankees101
#1re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:32pm

Pretty colors!

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#2re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:34pm

based on the titles of the threads....ie, 'Wassup", and "Yo Dudes".........and 12yr old members who call themselves "wicked cool"....I doubt many of the older members here will join. Yours seems like it's for teenagers, which is fine........but not why I am here.

Nothing against the teenagers here, many are very mature, and I love their posts.....but "wassup", "yo dudes", and "wicked cool".....just speaks volumes as to what audience you want

and damn, you and gav are two of my favs

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 12/4/05 at 12:34 PM

aslarson05
#3re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:35pm

Is it too dark? If it is, it might be your moniter. I've asked two people and one said they could read it fine, and the other said it was too dark but they also said their moniter was dark, so they changed it (Wow, long sentence). Anyways, if you have any ideas how to change anything, reply here.

EDIT: That's true though. I am guilty of posting the 'Yo Dudes' message, but I can't control what other members would say. There really is no demographic with this, I just hope to make it into an active, Broadway fan community. Updated On: 12/4/05 at 12:35 PM

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#4re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:41pm

well, good luck with it

and it's very hard to read. Black backgrounds rarely work....change the color of the background

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956
Updated On: 12/4/05 at 12:41 PM

DamnYankees101
#5re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:45pm

I don't find it hard to read just takes a bit more work...and it's true, as Elphaba says, it doesn't send out the right message if you want it to be an unbiased fan community forum. Just a heads up re: My New Broadway Forum

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#6re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:46pm

Why bother?

Sorry - but there are hundreds of Broadway forums on the internet. What makes yours unique? Special? Why should people move from BroadwayWorld to yours?

I'm staying here - the best Broadway website for Broadway communities.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

gavrochegirl
#7re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:48pm

"and damn, you and gav are two of my favs"

Yaaaaaay! re: My New Broadway Forum

*skips around in circles*

Anyway, on to the forum.

I don't know if this'll be a successful forum for older Broadway fans, as Elphaba said. The members sort of consist of kids whom are a little...meh, immature? I don't know. But it just seems like a site where the Wickedites would hang out on.

What the puck?!

aslarson05
#8re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 12:48pm

It was just an idea. I'm not saying you have to leave to come to mine, I just thought it would be fun and I've never had my own forum before.. so I thought I'd just try it.

Swiftynifty15
#9re: My New Broadway Forum
Posted: 12/4/05 at 1:03pm

I like it! Good luck with it!

Videos