News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BDrischBDemented

BDrischBDemented Profile Photo
Member Name: BDrischBDemented
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm kind of tall.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY  May 3 2019, 06:40:51 PM
Has anybody seen Alexander Gemignani in the show yet? I’m seeing it next weekend and was curious what people thought about him.
The Band's Visit cast recording available for first listen ahead of streaming release on 12/15  Sep 27 2018, 03:28:37 PM

GeorgeandDot said: "It should be before Omar Shariff, which is the restaurant scene."

Thank you, GeorgeandDot! You've brought great joy to my needlessly ordered playlist.

The Band's Visit cast recording available for first listen ahead of streaming release on 12/15  Sep 27 2018, 02:57:46 PM

I have a dumb, anal retentive question- I like to put my cast albums in chronological order when I put them on my phone, and my understanding is that the bonus track Afifi is used as underscoring at some point during the show. Having not yet seen it, I don't know where it actually falls in the song list. Could someone help a needlessly pedantic guy out and tell me where Afifi should go on a chronological playlist of the show?

Titanic Broadway Revival!!!  Sep 10 2018, 07:16:05 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "

Jack - Jeremy Jordan
Rose - Laura Osnes
Cal - Steven Pasquale
Molly Brown - Mary Testa
Ruth - Donna Murphy
Old Rose - Carol Channing
Brock - Marc Kudisch

"

A woman’s heart may be an ocean of secrets

But blue diamonds are a girl’s best friend!

RENT 2000 Screenplay?  Oct 26 2017, 10:12:57 PM

I mean... as long as we're all asking... can I see it too, please?

The Princess and the Frog Musical Adaptation?  Mar 2 2013, 07:53:30 PM
"Of course, there would need to be a buttload of additional songs, which should only be written by Menken himself."

Why would Menken write additional songs for something he didn't write in the first place?

OBCR of FOLLIES remixed and remastered!  Aug 7 2012, 03:19:09 AM
I just got my copy today and I've only listened to about a third of it so far, but what I've heard is simply fantastic. You did AMAZING work with this, bk. I'm so glad I bought this.
OBCR of FOLLIES remixed and remastered!  Aug 2 2012, 02:01:34 AM
So out of curiosity, how long is it generally taking people to get it from the date it ships? I just ordered mine yesterday morning so clearly I'm not expecting it right away, but I was just curious about a ballpark figure because I really, REALLY want to listen to this. I haven't even listened to the samples yet just because I want to hear it for the first time on a really nice sound system.
Spamalot Deleted Songs  Feb 18 2012, 03:22:58 PM
The CD that came with the souvenir program included "Soggy Old Blonds," but disappointingly nothing else.
Spamalot Deleted Songs  Feb 18 2012, 12:51:47 AM
I never heard a demo, but there's sheet music out there. 'Course I can't read music, so it's all moot to me.
CAMELOT Special Edition Blu-Ray Arrives In April  Jan 12 2012, 12:53:11 AM
Well... at least it will look nice.
Hat Box - Finishing the Hat/Look I Made a Hat  Jan 2 2012, 02:31:15 PM
While it's a relatively brief alteration he also doesn't include the brief line of "Poor Thing" that was rewritten for the movie version of "Sweeney."

It was also probably too much to hope, but given the inclusion of the alternate "Now" written for the "A Little Night Music" movie, I'd have liked to seen the abridged "Liaisons" which had a rewritten bridge as well.

Musicals that end with a Solo Finale number...  Nov 22 2011, 01:16:31 PM
"42nd Street" ends with Julian's solo reprise of the title song.
Musicals where the lead doesn't or rarely sings  Nov 13 2011, 03:17:19 AM
"Sondheim in Sondheim on Sondheim."

Well played, sir.

Musicals where the lead doesn't or rarely sings  Nov 12 2011, 11:25:21 PM
I was kicking around ALNM, but Desiree still gets a whole song, part of "Glamorous Life," responses in "You Must Meet My Wife" and probably the best-known song in the show, so I counted her out.

But the Man in the Chair... I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Musicals where the lead doesn't or rarely sings  Nov 12 2011, 11:17:55 PM
My roommate asked me tonight if there are any musicals where the lead (or one of the leads) either does not sing or rarely sings. The only one I could muster up was "The Magic Show" but something keeps telling me there's at least one more that I'm blanking on. Does anyone else know of any?
Subtext You Didn't Know Was There  Oct 25 2011, 01:55:32 PM
I can't find the quote now, but I'm like 90% sure that Sondheim said he was unaware of the connection when he wrote the song and that it is a coincidence.
The Muppet Follies, and other Muppet Musicals  Oct 23 2011, 05:19:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I suggested this in a similar post before, but...

The Muppet of the Opera

Christine - Any current interchangeable pop singer
The Phantom - Gonzo
Raoul - Kermit
Carlotta - Miss Piggy
Piangi - Fozzie Bear
Firmin & Andre - Statler & Waldorf
Madame Giry - Hilda
Meg Giry - Yolanda Rat
Buquet - Scooter
Reyer - Dr. Teeth
Opera Orchestra - Electric Mayhem + Rowlf

What was wrong with the RENT movie?  Jun 9 2011, 08:52:54 PM
"As far as directing goes, I greatly admire Chris Columbus' directing when he's given an original script to work with (ex. Mrs. Doubtfire), but when he's given an adaptation it's generally not anywhere near as good."

"Mrs. Doubtfire" is an adaptation. It was based on a children's book called (I think) "Alias Madame Doubtfire" or something.

Little Shop on Bluray?  Apr 20 2011, 05:57:59 PM
I doubt anyone would confuse a Blu-ray of LSOH with any recent movie quality-wise, but it would look better on Blu-ray. It's not going to be pristine and clean, but it's a rare situation where there's no improvement. And this would hardly be the first Warners Blu-ray that would appear this way.

Also, here was the reference from the chat. My memory was playing tricks on me, and there's little more than a non-committal mention:

"We are hopeful we can re-address the LITTLE SHOP is

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You