News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Irene3

Member Name: Irene3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Barbra at MSG last night
 Oct 11 2006, 03:36:04 PM
Right on Barbra! I am sick of these neo-con illiterate idiots, spouting the "party line", with typical, out-dated taunts that they think are "political" biggies. GROW UP you morons!! Well, actually, with their Role model in the whitehouse (the biggest moron yet) what can one expect?
Les Mis
 Oct 6 2006, 01:40:03 PM
There will NEVER be a performance that will surpass the l995 anniversary edition of this play. The DREAM cast was superb
in every way. The entire performance was so moving, and forever changed my opinion of "making a musical about a very tragic novel." Victor Hugo must have been elated in whatever cosmic plane he resides in.

Valjean
 Mar 15 2006, 11:23:57 AM
I voted in error - I picked Colm Wilkinson as I didn't see Michael Ball on the list. Since Wilkinson won't do it, I would like to see Michael in the role. He is absolutely the finest tenor/baritone I've ever heard and he knows that role - has the experience necessary.
re: WIW - The U.S. Tour
 Feb 15 2006, 04:21:25 PM
Why do you think Michael Ball will not return for a tour of WIWin the US?
 Feb 15 2006, 08:52:16 AM
Lizzie - There is an American branch of the michael ball fan club headquartered in UK. email patrius@comcast.net. I understand that there are quite a few fans scattered over the US, I am one of them here in Florida and there are many more here. Hopfully he will return for the WIW tour.
re: who here thinks...
 Feb 13 2006, 09:57:33 AM
You are absolutely right - it is a job, and a grinding one with no time for a social life. But Jerry Orbach said it succinctly:
"I don't know how anyone can get tired of performing night after night - there are new audiences out there evey night, you get a thrill out of giving your best each time, and it never becomes boring. The audience reaction bolsters the ego and the thrill is beyond description." So there you are. To me it would be a bore,but I'm no actress either.

Feb 13 2006, 09:45:48 AM
There has been talk of a US and UK tour and hopefully therewill be as I have missed the show here having tickets for March l0th.
I am extremely disappointed to have missed Michael Ball in this role and know he must have been, too, as he had looked forward to another Broadway show after an absence of l5 years. He had stellar reviews in Britain when he subbed for Michael Crawford.
I hope he takes the role again if there is a tour here. He is an actor ""extraordinaire" along with having t

Englandvs. US
 Feb 9 2006, 04:58:38 PM
Anyone who wants to find out how American audiences differ from any other theatergoing audience should read Patti LuPone's descriptive comments of a typical night at her stage play.
I read them about a week ago -forgot what website I was on- probably broadway.com. But what a commentary!!!

re: Woman in White Closing
 Feb 9 2006, 04:35:49 PM
Hello Amy- read your comment on the WIW play, and want to tell you that I purchased the original London cast recording of the WIW today from Border's Bookstore. I'm sure Tower Records would carry it also. It isn't Michael Ball (My favorite) singing, but it's very good nonetheless. At least you can enjoy the music whenever you want.

Irene3

Michael Ball Not to Return to The Woman in White Before Closing
 Feb 9 2006, 04:22:44 PM
http://BroadwayWorld.com/l.cfm?id=102502 Hopefully it will not be another long wait to see Michael Ball return to the Broadway stage. It is unfortunate that so many of us had tickets to the show and now will not see it, however I'm sure that he is just as disappointed as we are..he looked forward to playing a very different kind of role in a great play, and according to reviews in London, he did a great job taking over for Michael Crawford over there. He is truly a versatile actor (Patience was a great success for him - again playing a role that was so different than what he has done in the past), and needless to say his beautiful musical voice is utterly unique. He needs to become known here - he's been away far too long.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You