News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nanette Himmelfarb

Nanette Himmelfarb Profile Photo
Member Name: Nanette Himmelfarb
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Nicest Broadway Stars?
 Mar 20 2006, 09:43:17 PM
the nicest by far are HUGH JACKMAN, adam pascal, jesse l martin, anthony rapp, heather headly, and cherry jones. I've got to say that hugh is the only movie star who was especially nice, and happy to be talking to us...
Sammy

re: Boy From Oz National Tour???
 Mar 17 2006, 07:33:21 PM
well, right now the boy from oz is getting ready to go to oz for the summer (starring HJ) and there is talk that he wants to take the show to london...nothing about a national tour...yet.
we can only hope!!!

re: All My Children's Jacob Young Makes Broadway Debut as Lumiere in Beauty
 Mar 16 2006, 07:51:49 PM
I'm a big fan of all my children, and I have seen beauty and the beast multiple times. Jacob Young has a great voice and is a great presence on the show- i know he will be great!!
re: Good Vibes For Kyle
 Mar 16 2006, 11:51:16 AM
nyc without meeting up? ouch...haha just kidding. im keeping my fingers crosses...nobody deserves it more!!
Sammy

re: Jackman in Training for Boy from Oz
 Feb 13 2006, 10:48:10 AM
I think the show is going to look very different in the arena, but I really hope that it doesn't take away from the personal feel of the show. That was one of the things that made it so special for me.
re: Which Broadway Musical would You like to perform in and as what Charact
 Jan 22 2006, 05:29:36 PM
Maureen or the female mark- rent
g(a)linda- wicked
liza- the boy from oz...(please, you get to kiss hugh!)

re: Who is(are) your all-time favorite Broadway character(s)?
 Jan 22 2006, 05:26:49 PM
number one by far: Mark (rent)

and the others that give me goosebumps (in no particular order!)

Eponine (Les Miserables)
G(a)linda (wicked)
Freddy (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels)
Angel (rent)
Collins (rent)
Maureen (rent)[basically all the characters in rent are so layered and fascinating to me]
Amneris (aida)
Aida (aida)
Adelaid (guys and dolls)
Nancy (oliver!)
Fantine (les miserables)
Velma (chicago)

re: And the 2006 Tony Awards Host is...
 Jan 17 2006, 10:05:28 PM
Hugh is the best...flat out. He is so charming and with that ozalot fan base, they really cannot go wrong. Also, I think they need to keep him connected to Broadway, judging by the numbers he pulls in.
Sammy

re: Rent & The Producers get BFCA noms
 Dec 12 2005, 05:15:27 PM
Mazel tov!! this is so excitingggg!!!
Sammy

re: The RENT movie date...
 Dec 6 2005, 10:12:17 PM
SOOOO sorry about that with the repeating question thing- must be annoying!!
Sammy

re: The RENT movie date...
 Dec 6 2005, 10:06:57 PM
I cannot wait for the movie date- I must talk to my cousin to see if she is joining before I can "oficially" RSVP.
Fredi- I know these questions get asked all the time but how often do all the OBCers talk? Who are you still closest with??

Sammy

re: Kyle and Wax Lion Back Together!!!
 Nov 29 2005, 09:11:34 PM
Heyy - Told you I would become obsessed with this message board...nice of you to come back . Nice seeing you in the big city!
Sammy

re: Current Rent Cast
 Nov 26 2005, 06:34:45 PM
I realllyyy like Matt Caplan. I thought he needed the spikey hair though...the buzz cut didnt work for me. I know she isnt on anymore, but Karmine was such a good mimi!!!
Sammy

re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
 Nov 24 2005, 04:29:36 PM
I thought rosario was nearly flawless.
Sammy

re: Who did not like RENT?
 Nov 24 2005, 09:56:58 AM
I loved the movie- but i posted some things i didnt like on the reviews forum...(underuse of benny, marks character developement...) but in terms of roger on the cliff...shouldnt he have been like walking down the street in new mexico and showing that against mark waling down 6th st? but i love that song...so i cant say anything more nasty about it

Sammy

wow
 Nov 24 2005, 12:25:15 AM
Schools were let out early so I went to a 2:00 show, and there were a lot of different groups of students. It was PACKED!!!I sat in the back row (so I wouldnt disturb anyone!!) and there were two older women (60's?) who had never seen the show, but their granddaughters said they had to go. they loved it!! one of them kept asking me for tissues. needless to say it was a wonderful way to spend a birthday!!! I let you know how it goes tomorrow...

Sammy

Rent Review
 Nov 24 2005, 12:14:37 AM
I have never cried like that in front of so many people. I really loved this movie. I danced, I laughed, I (obviously) cried, and was speachless at the conclusion of the movie. It was magical. For discussions sake, here were some things I was "iffy" about-

-the roger in the desert. A little cliche...but we all know that.
-I thought the character of Benny was underused. The old roomate connection wasnt clear, and the benny/mimi relationship wasnt clear to those I went with who had no

re: Thank You, Anthony Rapp
 Nov 23 2005, 11:59:49 PM
Thank you Anthony for bringing mark to life once again- it was enthralling to see on that screen. he will always be close to my heart. you are a fans dream come true!!
Sammy

re: What's your favorite scene from the RENT movie?
 Nov 23 2005, 11:57:58 PM
la vie boheme was unbelieveable. i was bouncing in my seat. also, the life supports were powerful. and one that really stuck out for me was another day. not only do i love that song, but the ending shot of roger on the balcony against his friends in the street was really striking!!
Sammy

RENT movie review
 Nov 22 2005, 09:26:17 AM
That q&a thing was fantastic!! what I would have done to be there...
Sammy

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You