News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ruthiefan_felix

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
Member Name: ruthiefan_felix
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.facebook.com/felixsdrawing
Blog Address: www.instagram.com/felixsdrawing

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

How was Chita in NINE?  Aug 10 2020, 07:30:26 AM

I really wish Eartha Kitt's performance was recorded in some video form, I heard shes amazing in it!

This original revival cast was truly phenomenal!

I want to like Ken Fallin's caricatures, but I dont  Aug 3 2017, 11:06:38 PM

I personally really really like Mr. Fallin's caricatures and its unfair to compare him with Squiggs, whom I think is equally talented. But Mr. Fallin is surely more developed and experienced in his style. But I think we can all agree that either of them would be WAYYYYY better than ANY of the drawings? portraits? at Sardis for the past 3-4 years! Absolutely disastrous! 

You guys should check out @DramaticInking who does caricatures and drawings for West End/London-based shows!

New Cariacatures: Andrew Rannells, Audra McDonald, Kinky Boots..etc.  Oct 5 2014, 09:41:05 PM
Thank you so much guys! I'm 25 and I just like drawing... thanks for all the comments! duely noted! :)
New Cariacatures: Andrew Rannells, Audra McDonald, Kinky Boots..etc.  Oct 5 2014, 12:46:23 PM
Just updated the drawings, are they viewable now?
New Cariacatures: Andrew Rannells, Audra McDonald, Kinky Boots..etc.  Oct 5 2014, 12:35:41 PM
Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I posted! Anyway, for the past 2 weeks I have been in NYC watching a bunch of Broadway shows. So here is my short review of the shows & also my drawings of it of 3 of the shows: Hedwig, Lady Day & Kinky Boots ~

I would appreciate for any comments or even liking my facebook or instagram @felixsdrawing if you guys like my cariacatures!

Hedwig & The Angry Inch
This show was genuinely a big surprise for me! I didn't know 95% of the music or the plot and went in mostly for Andrew Rannells and he was amazing! The ending of this show blew my mind. And after doing more research on it after... I watched it again, only to appreciate Andrew's intepretation and singing of the songs even more! After listening to the CR and YT, I think he sang the score significantly better than Neil Patrick Harris and did better ad libs than him! His Hedwig was more girly, more hurt yet less dark than NPH's. I highly recommend to see Andrew in the show before he leaves mid-Oct!

Stagedoor: Both Andrew & Lena came out and signed and took pictures with everyone!

Lady Day
One of the highlights of this NYC trip was witnessing one of the theatrical performances of a liftetime which was Audra McDonald as Billie Holliday in Lady Day on Broadway We all LOVE Audra and she can do everything, anything, and this show proves exactly her versatility. Circle in the Square is an intimate space transformed into the Emerson's Bar & Grill, and the moment Audra steps onto that small stage, Audra is no more - it is Billie Holliday herself! She completely transforms into lady day, her movements, postures, voice and singing, simply no trace of Audra at all. Her portrayal of the underrated music legend in her final days was vulnerable, tough, tragic and heartbreaking! One of those performances that is just... perfect. You understand why Audra is the Queen of Broadway, Mama Broadway, Broadway Legend of 6 Tony Awards !!! SO sad that the show closes tonight on Broadway. Hopefully it will open in London, or better yet, be filmed and released on DVD!

Stagedoor: Audra came out, gracefully signed and took pictures with everyone! Can't imagine her being SO nice after giving that crazy performance!

Kinky Boots
I went to watch Kinky Boots on Broadway on Thursday upon high recommendation. Tom Ware (standby) went on as Lola. I was initially disappointed I missed Billy Porter since it was my last day in NYC, but Tom delivered and was phenomenal! Lola, what a role! Tom's portrayal was spot-on, his voice was soulful and his Lola was glamorous and sassy and vulnerable as well. The other leading man Andy Kelso as Charlie was also great! Jennider De Waal was great too, her comedic timing and voice were spot on! Despite the talent of the cast, apart from Jennifer, I feel like everyone's English accent are all over the place... which was very confusing at time and painful! Anyway... the ensemble were CRAZY amazing of course, doing those crazy Mitchell choreographies! hahahaha.

Broadway's largest set desgin  Nov 17 2012, 01:30:51 PM
One of the biggest sets I've seen is definitely Lord of the Rings in the West End! Spiderman was pretty huge!
West End Productions That Were Suppose To Come To Broadway  Jan 26 2012, 05:40:16 AM
Love Never Dies
Donmar's Guys & Dolls with Jane Krakowski
Jerry Springer the musical

Just Married: Cheyenne Jackson Weds Partner in NY  Sep 4 2011, 04:09:56 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the best to the newly wed!
Can anyone suggest a musical set in China?  Aug 29 2011, 01:18:26 PM
nomdeplume, I'm from Hong Kong AND live in the New Territories! I am highly insulted by your comments on my hometown. You can call China communist (cuz they are) but Hong Kong is not at all like this. Yes there are a lot more mainland and taiwanese tourists in Hong Kong now who are rude but Hong Kong is still an exceptionally good place to visit for tourists. This is what happens to international cities when they are so many different people in the city, London, New York especially are no less d
Sondheim vs. Porgy & Bess - YIKES!  Aug 10 2011, 03:06:00 PM
adaptations will always happen as long as plays are written and performed... heck, there was a period when King Lear has a happy ending! CRAZY STUFF!
I understand Sondheim's anger and I agree with his points and concern, but there really is no need to be so angry towards his colleagues in the business...
oh well... either way... that certainly steamed up some publicity for the production!

GHOST coming to Broadway in the spring?  Aug 5 2011, 05:13:12 AM
Have to say, Caissie was amazing, thought I would be interested to see Laura Michelle Kelly sing the role too! There is something very special in Richard Fleeshman's voice that is quite unique, it's not very traditionally 'musical theatre', more pop rock and I think it suits the score a lot. I think they both should have a chance to play it on Broadway!!!
True Triple Threats  Aug 1 2011, 01:03:39 AM
The obvious/classics:
- Chita Rivera
- Ben Vereen
- Liza Minnelli

For the West End:
Triple Threats (pretty much the Roxies & Mary Poppins haha):
- Ruthie Henshall (dancing the original Roxie choreography AND THEN doing one of the most iconic Fantine performances, COME ON!)
- Sally Ann Triplett
- Caroline O'Connor
- Josefina Gabrielle
- Rebecca Thornhill
- Laura Michelle Kelly
- Scarlett Strallen
- Elena Roger
- John Barrowman
- Ste

re: Favorite Set Designs  May 30 2011, 08:07:01 AM
I've seen 11 Christopher Oram designs and they've all been nothing but spectacular!! All his designs at the Donmar are great!! Guys & Dolls, Evita, Red, Passion, Streetcar Named Desire to name but a few!!!!
Sleep No More is AMAZING  May 5 2011, 06:28:27 AM
I might be wrong but this might actually be their first production that they've 'transferred'. They did Sleep No More quite a few years ago, a few years before Faust and I believe that was a MUCH smaller scale and different concept. I think they further developed Sleep No More is because of the appeal it will get from the content and text it's based upon. Since the company is so site-specific and 'exclusive' and secretive, I believe it was only because they wanted to bring the show to New York t
Tanz Der Vampire review  May 4 2011, 09:49:05 PM
Great review! I'm going to Vienna next month and am hoping to catch this. Can I ask how much you paid for a ticket and where you sat?
I want to go but the tickets are so expensive... I really wish they have discounts or student tickets!

If there were a Passion revival, who would be cast?  May 4 2011, 09:48:37 PM
I don't think it's a matter of what cast you get, it's more about what production you guys have.
I saw the recent Donmar production and I really think you guys should have had that transferred over!!!!! with those leads too!!!

Angela Lansbury as Gertrude  Apr 12 2011, 02:13:51 PM
I was just reading Peter Hall's Shakespeare's Advice to the Players and saw a picture of Angela Lansbury as Gertrude in the 1975 Royal National Theatre production of Hamlet with Albert Finney in the title role. I know it's QUITE far back... but anyone seen this? anyone seen Angela in the role?
Bad or odd set designs  Apr 12 2011, 12:55:18 PM
Peggy Sue Got Married's set was pretty awful. And yes... I really didn't like the RENT set at all...
LA CAGE - The Best Cast Yet?  Mar 31 2011, 04:45:33 PM
I never saw Douglas as Zaza on Broadway but I did see him in London 3 times and also John Barrowman. Harvey was good in his protrayal but I didn't think he had the details that Douglas brought to the role. Harvey was more warm and cosy with his audiences, but for me, Douglas or even John's Zaza is not about wanting the audiences to like them, but to show the problems Albin faces behind Zaza.
I liked Harvey, I truly did. I was surprised how well his voice was and you can see he had a lot of

Priscilla Queen of the Desert - WTF?!  Mar 20 2011, 02:41:41 AM
Ive brought friends to see the London production... young, old, gay, straight, dating, non-dating, camp, boring, weird, Asian, white friends... all sorts and ALL of them LOVED the show.
If your friend is jobless and still find the show not cheering enough, maybe he should find a job first and then visit the show! If this show doesn't cheer you up... maybe you should stay jobless!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You