News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicalLover6

MusicalLover6 Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicalLover6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why did the Patti LuPone 'Oliver' flop?
 Apr 24 2010, 11:59:29 AM
Apparently, on an old Patti LuPone site, there was a bit she wrote up about it. The director was always changing things like mad, and he wasn't happy with the lead so he fired the kid the week of rehearsals. It sent everyone in a tizzy (because with how the show was going, everyone was afraid who was going to be sacked next).

Otherwise, that's all I really know.

What BOOK turned MUSICAL would you like to see?
 Apr 16 2010, 09:44:36 PM
North and South - Elizabeth Gaskell
Emma - Jane Austen
(and for some weird reason, do not ask)
Lord of the Flies - William Golding

THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW Starring Denzel Washington Now Playing!!!!
 Apr 16 2010, 01:13:35 AM
KJisgroovy, your point is well made.

But, damn, that video is the most funniest thing I've ever seen. I almost expected someone to jump on stage and coach her through that final bit.

THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW Starring Denzel Washington Now Playing!!!!
 Apr 16 2010, 01:10:32 AM
Those must be some new lines to Rocky Horror Audience Participation. Truly, they clash with the film so well.
Cats Revival
 Apr 14 2010, 01:21:35 PM
RE: Xanadu, and I think Flashdance... but as you can see, they're all 80's movie with dancers.

People might as well don't like CATS because at a couple points (even during the cast bows, if they even had any, can't recall), the cats came out into the audience and started pawing and meowing at people. It was different but weird. And in the original Sydmonton/London version of CATS, the cats were crawling under the legs of people in the audience to 'get to the stage'. Grown people cra

Cats Revival
 Apr 14 2010, 01:11:51 PM
Cats is iconic. Mainly because of what Cameron Macintosh did for it - he got the idea for the logo, the continious playing of Memory, the tag-line adverts in London, the catchy 'memory lives forever' or something like that... I mean, in America, nobody knew much about T.S Elliot's Possum Book for Practical Cats. In London, most children knew of it.

CATS only has one good song and that's 'Memory'. The rest of it, I can just read 'Possum's Book of Practical Cats'. It has an interestin

What do people think of Miss Saigon?
 Apr 14 2010, 12:59:04 PM
"That lyric makes me laugh because Kim cost like $30, what the heck kind of Big Macs has Chris been buying?

Of course, he's not the brightest to begin with."

LOL. Apparently Chris gets the rip-off kind.

'South Park' Creators' THE BOOK OF MORMON Musical on Broadway March 2011
 Apr 14 2010, 12:53:00 PM
I am so excited for this. Because I *know* it's going to be funny. I mean, Trey Parker writing songs? It's gold.

Cannibal! The Musical was the beginning, and all though some of the lyrics were choppy, the best of the bunch has to be 'Trapper Song'. Catchy, but not quite there.

When he had Marc Shaiman on board for South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, the lyrics were catchy, funny, and all around a huge satire to Broadway musicals.

I'm so excited for this, becau

What do you want to see for Disney's next show??
 Apr 12 2010, 11:09:23 PM
I really want Hunchback to come to the US. The score is lovely, so is the treatment to 'lyrics'. (I.E, adding Quasimodo to duet 'God Help the Outcasts', 'Someday' is now a full company song, and the awesome 'Balancing Act' which gives Esmerelda a background story and make Clopin her guardian like in the book.)

If not Hunchback, I think Disney needs to take a chill pill and calm down with their adaptations of musicals on-stage.

What do people think of Miss Saigon?
 Apr 12 2010, 10:42:36 PM
Miss Saigon is a gritty musical, but it's one that I think you either like it or you don't. For me, I like it, but I don't love it. For me, I can only listen to the London Cast. (Though people compare Simon Bowman to a sheep a lot, but his voice doesn't bother me.)

Glad there are others who enjoy it. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You