News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ToBeingAnUsForOnce

ToBeingAnUsForOnce Profile Photo
Member Name: ToBeingAnUsForOnce
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I am a teen living in Montreal and I am theatre-deprived but still live for theatre! Thank god for cast recordings!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Josh Strickland in TARZAN!
 May 1 2007, 12:11:00 AM
I could smell the cologne on his neck.

Tarzan was mildly entertaining, the singing was okay, except for Chester Gregory II whose voice I really enjoyed, but the music wasn't really that great. The show was saved by the amazing effects and acrobatics and Josh Strickland's dead sexy body.

He put his arm around me, hehe. I'm never washing that jacket...

re: Jersey Boys on Channel 7 right now!! New Years Eve Performances
 Dec 31 2006, 10:25:00 PM
Oooooh I loved it! I've only ever listened to the cast recording (obsessively) so it was really cool to see them perform!
[Shows/actors/es]
 Jul 5 2006, 02:16:25 AM
Doubt [X ]
Rabbit Hole [XX ]
Lieutenant of Inishmore [XXXX]<---OUT
Faith Healer [X ]
History Boys [XXX]

re: What show has had the most profound impact on you?
 Jul 4 2006, 02:02:38 AM
I saw A Chorus Line done by a local college when I was 7 or 8 and I barely remember any of it. The next year I saw Cabaret at the same college and that was probably the show that had the biggest impact on me. I didn't understand most of it at the time because of my age (well my mom was whispering most of what was going on in my ear), but I have loved the theatre ever since I saw that musical.

The first professional musical that I saw was Mamma Mia when I was 11 and I loved it, but looki

re: Camp (the movie)
 Jul 4 2006, 01:55:55 AM
Heheheheheheheeeeeee!

I look horrible, but it's okay.

This is after seeing him understudy for Angel i

re: BREAST CANCER SITE(This is serious, we need your help)
 Jun 30 2006, 12:04:32 AM
*bumps and clicks*
re: Fiddler on the Roof in Canada...?
 Mar 8 2006, 12:45:09 AM
Montreal, did you say?

WOOH!!!!

re: the show that got you hooked
 Mar 6 2006, 03:42:26 PM
The Sound of Music. Age 7. I never looked back.
re: BroadwayWorld Presents: 'The Wedding Singer' First Look Video!
 Feb 18 2006, 05:21:40 PM
That money song reminded me of "Money, Money, Money" from Mamma Mia.
re: BWW Seattle Review: The Wedding Singer
 Feb 10 2006, 12:06:45 PM
Oh no...I'm going to see this in May with my school. I loved the movie, so I was very excited to see the production. Now I'm not so sure...

At least we're also seeing Phantom!

re: Have you ever played the same role twice, or been in a musical or play
 Jan 23 2006, 11:11:29 PM
I played Toto in The Wiz when I was eight years old, and in April I'll be playing the Scarecrow in the same show.
re: What show...?
 Jan 7 2006, 08:05:00 PM
Yes, Hairspray and Spelling Bee would be good ideas.
re: Okay. I just tried to watch the WOMAN IN WHITE preview...
 Jan 5 2006, 01:42:04 PM
Haha so did I. And I watched it before I read your post so it was with an open mind.
re: B'way songs in unusual time signatures
 Jan 3 2006, 09:13:14 PM
Jesus Christ Superstar has some interesting ones. "The Temple" is in 7/4 and "Everything's Alright" is in 5/4.
re: Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?
 Jan 1 2006, 05:09:40 PM
It seems like a lot of people are stoned in your stories lol.

In a prodiction of Bye Bye Birdie that I was in (I played Rosie), a boy on stage forgot a line and stood there completely blank, and no one was saying anything to cover it up, so the assistant director, who stands right behind the curtain back stage, whispered out his line, and then he turned around to face her and whispered very loudly, "I SAID that already!" I wanted to smack him.

When I was in grade 5 my French cl

re: Fun-Light-Singable Cast Recordings
 Dec 29 2005, 06:07:02 PM
Mamma Mia never gets old for me.
re: Currently Listening to?
 Dec 29 2005, 06:05:38 PM
Mamma Mia! And just before I was listening to Movin' Out. I learned to play the title song on piano and I've been playing it and singing along for the past 3 days. My family wants to murder me.
re: childrens musical with big orchestra
 Dec 29 2005, 06:02:42 PM
The Wiz: the hip-hop version of the Wizard of Oz! Awesome play, and a heck of a lot of fun to do with a children's cast. I did it once when I was eight and I played Toto, it was my first play ever, and this year I happen to be doing it again and I got the role of the Scarecrow.
re: So I saw the Producers last night..
 Dec 29 2005, 01:35:30 PM
Well, I saw this movie yesterday, and the audience I was in (in Montreal) loved it! They laughed at all of the jokes and not one person left. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to see this on Broadway, so I thought that it was hilarious. My friend saw the play about two years ago and he said that it was funnier on stage.

I did notice that it looked more like a stage musical with a camera pointing at it. There were barely any movie-like camera angles. It felt like I was watching it on

re: 'Love Heals' Opinions?
 Dec 26 2005, 11:56:03 PM
Ehh it's ok. I like some of the lyrics, I mean they fit with one of the show's themes, but it's just so different than the rest of the soundtrack. You have a rock opera and then a gospel type song at the end. It just sounds kind of wrong to hear the familiar voices of the characters singing it. It doesn't do much for me, but if other people like it then fine, that's why it's on the cd.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You