News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Marcellus2

Member Name: Marcellus2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Summer in Chicago
 Jan 25 2014, 02:03:40 PM
Look into some of the storefront theaters. The Hypocrites is one of my favorite storefronts in Chicago. They do awesome work. TimeLine Theatre does great stuff too.
PLAYBILL Covers of the 2013-2014 Season
 Oct 30 2013, 12:36:58 AM
I like the Macbeth one, but it may be because it looks so much like a poster for American Horror Story. Same font and everything.
Does Jon Hamm Sing?
 Oct 17 2013, 07:52:43 PM
He played Czolgosz in Assassins and Cliff in Cabaret at Mizzou, but the director cut or rearranged all of Cliff's songs and solos because Hamm couldn't sing it well. He let him sing The Gun Song and Czolgoscz's solos because he thought Hamm's gritty and off-key voice worked well, and he acted the songs well.
Strong Scenes for 1 Male and 1 Female in 20s
 Sep 29 2013, 11:37:17 AM
tempOdyssey by Dan Dietz
boom by Peter Sinn Nachtrieb
reasons to be pretty by Neil LaBute
The Mineola Twins may.
Eurydice by Sarah Ruhl
Dog Sees God by Bert V Royal
Proof by David Auburn
The Glass Menagerie
Bright Ideas by Eric Coble

Songs That End Softly
 Sep 15 2013, 08:10:25 PM
Mister Cellophane from Chicago
The Pillowman
 Aug 25 2013, 06:28:35 PM
I am auditioning for the role of Katurian in The Pillowman in a few weeks, but none of my monologues really fit the show. Does anyone have any monologues that would work well for the character or for the show?

Thank you!

Seeking Help re one person plays
 Jul 20 2013, 05:40:12 PM
Whoops Kad, somehow I missed that crucial part of the post.
Seeking Help re one person plays
 Jul 20 2013, 10:42:14 AM
The Santaland Diaries.
Roles that are hardly ever offstage.
 Jul 20 2013, 10:40:05 AM
Psedulous is onstage a lot. There are a few moments and songs he is offstage, but most of those songs are among the shorter ones.

Peter and Jerry in The Zoo Story, but I don't think one acts would count.

Greg in reasons to be pretty has only two and a half pages of off-stage time.

Eugene in Brighton Beach Memoirs, though not in all the scenes, is somewhere onstage most likely because the whole Jerome house is the set.

Li'l Bit in How I Learned to Drive is miss

Has anyone else watched season 4 of Arrested Development (its has an AMAZING theater related cameo)
 May 27 2013, 09:41:34 PM
Hurwitz also said that the was Act One of a three act story. A possible 5th season and a movie will follow up to conclude these characters. I thought this season was genius, but it was missing the family dynamic since the actors schedules couldn't match up. But I think it was necessary for these characters to all be at the bottom, and hopefully they will rise back up in the future.
Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
 May 19 2013, 11:03:08 AM

Submissions Only Season 3 Kickstarter.....
 May 14 2013, 03:34:37 AM
Does anyone know when the season 3 premiere is going to be?
As an actor, whose career would you want to emulate?
 May 4 2013, 04:34:24 AM
Norbert Leo Butz, Raul Esparza, and Christian Borle for being able to flip back and forth between musical and straight play. Also Santino Fontana. He's done some awesome shows. I don't know if he was good in any of them, but he's gotten some great roles.

YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
 Apr 25 2013, 04:57:51 PM
I think this will have to be my first Broadway show. Living in the Midwest is hard, but luckily I have friends moving to New York in August. I am so excited that this show still has a life!!
Most awkward moment you ever had in a theater?
 Apr 19 2013, 12:31:23 PM
I want to bring this back because I thought of another. During a production of Hamlet, during one of Hamlet's soliloquies (can't remember which one) an audience member shouted out "try Prozac!". He was kicked out at intermission.
Hss there ever been a successful Bway musical that used exisitng songs?
 Apr 19 2013, 12:24:25 PM
Footloose used preexisting songs and original songs. I'm not sure if the show counts as a success, but it ran almost two years.
Anyone heard of a play called BOB?
 Apr 15 2013, 02:04:24 AM
I have not heard of BOB, but I am a fan of Nachtrieb's BOOM. I played Jules in a production once.
What's your dream role or roles?
 Apr 10 2013, 02:50:06 PM
I have a few.

Tom- The Glass Menagerie
Katurian- The Pillowman
Bottom- A Midsummer Night's Dream
One of the Clowns in The 39 Steps would be a lot of fun
Algernon in The Importance of Being Earnest
Once I am older I would love to play Bill or Charlie in August: Osage County

What are some roles that don't require a great (or pleasant) singing voice?
 Apr 7 2013, 12:17:50 PM
I feel like most of the male FORUM roles are not terribly difficult singing wise, but you must have some amazing comedic timing.
What first made you fall in love theatre?
 Apr 5 2013, 11:57:03 AM
I was obsessed with Saturday Night Live and watched the Best Of DVDs all the time. I eventually found out about Second City so I began taking classes there and fell in love with improvisational theatre.

In 8th grade my class went on a field trip to see a production of A Comedy of Errors at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater. That is when I fell in love with plays, and instantly thought "this is what I want to do."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You