#1Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/15/13 at 11:59pm

...how...i don't even...speechless

"...ah, gays and their wit. Hell must be a laugh a minute!" -Evie Harris

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#2Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/16/13 at 9:33am

Wow, that took me right back. I didn't even get to see the original cast, I saw it later in the run. What a treat!

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#2Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/16/13 at 10:01am

Yeah, well, I'm not the bootleg video police, but still...

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/16/13 at 11:06am

Seriously. I can't stand people who upload these to Youtube. They should be taken out back and beaten with belt with rusty nails in it.

carolineorchange21 Profile Photo
carolineorchange21
#4Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/16/13 at 11:19am

Seems fair.

"...ah, gays and their wit. Hell must be a laugh a minute!" -Evie Harris

Marcellus2
#5Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/19/13 at 11:03am

Updated On: 5/19/13 at 11:03 AM

RaisedOnMusicals
#6Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/19/13 at 12:31pm

And did you happen to mention to Amy that this all started because you happened to see an illegal bootleg video of her and the rest of the ensemble, which you then posted on your Facebook page?

And then bragged about it?

Just wondering.

billis2
#7Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/19/13 at 1:20pm

RaisedOnMusicals, since using something illegally upsets you so much, can I ask you who took the photo in your avatar and if you asked for permission from the copyright owner to use it? Not every illegal activity should bring out the townspeople and their pitchforks.

And I agree that some types of bootleg videos should not be posted, but in this case, where there is no commercially available video, the show (and the tour) are long closed, and it is only an excerpt, I don't think this is such a horrible crime. I don't think posting this would make one less likely to see a local production, either, if that's the concern. If anything, I think it would be more likely.

Just my opinion. Feel free to flame away.

RaisedOnMusicals
#8Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/19/13 at 1:43pm

It was opening night, and many if not most of the people there were there via comps and/or invitation, myself included and virtually everyone was taking photos at the curtain calls with cell phones and digital cameras (in addition to the news photgraphers who rushed to the front of the theater to take their shots.) It's a completely different situation. Many of the folks had friends or family in the cast.

Most people understand the difference between that and taking bootleg video of a performance.

By the way, my signature used to say "Opening Night of A Little Night Music" with arrows pointed at the picture, and thanks to you I see that's no longer the case. I will try to fix it.

Updated On: 5/19/13 at 01:43 PM

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#9Oh, my sweet baby jeezus...
Posted: 5/19/13 at 1:48pm

Just because everyone was doing it doesn't mean it's technically allowed. Let's not try to justify for the sake of our own arguments.

Videos