YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September

YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#2YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 4:49pm

An outstanding production. So happy that more people will get to see it!

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#2YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 4:50pm

It's wonderful news. I caught it at A.R.T., and it's a beautiful production. Cherry Jones is just wonderful (which is the least surprising anyone has said about anything ever). I wonder which theater it will play!

Could be the Lyceum, the Cort, the Golden, the Booth... Maybe it'll grab the Barrymore when Macbeth is done? I hope they go with a smaller house. It's such an intimate production.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#3YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 4:54pm

Very happy. I guess their Tony chances are not great because they're a fall show, but still great news.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

Marcellus2
#4YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 4:57pm

I think this will have to be my first Broadway show. Living in the Midwest is hard, but luckily I have friends moving to New York in August. I am so excited that this show still has a life!!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 6:19pm

So thrilled. Hope NYers embrace it like we did in Boston!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#6YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 6:37pm

Something to look forward to...

lenstersf
#7YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 7:04pm

Awesome cast and production. Wonderful set. Excited for the transfer!

Ed_Mottershead
#8YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 7:44pm

I've loved this play since I first read it. Unfortunately, have never been satisfied with productions I've seen, (including Jo Van Fleet, Julie Harris, etc., etc. (Okay, go ahead and shoot). Hope springs eternal, as the optimists would have it, so here goes again.

BroadwayEd
Updated On: 4/25/13 at 07:44 PM

Jonwo
#9YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 7:48pm

Bertrayal is meant to be going to the Barrymore, there's a few theatres for The Glass Menagerie to go into.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#10YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/25/13 at 11:20pm

it should aim for The Booth. Perfect size house.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#11YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/26/13 at 10:30am

The Glass Menagerie is my absolute all-time favorite play and at one time Tom Wingfield was my dream role (hence my profile name). Sadly I never got to do it and I am too long in the tooth to ever play it now. I loved Roundabout's production at the Laura Pels Theater with Judith Ivey a few years back but I am so excited to see this production and this cast.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#12YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/26/13 at 10:36am

This production steamrolls over the Roundabout production. Other than Judith Ivey, that production was crap. I thought Keira Keeley was horrendous.

Updated On: 4/26/13 at 10:36 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#13YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/26/13 at 10:38am

I completely disagree with that. I thought the entire production was brilliant.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#14YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/26/13 at 11:10am

It might be that I've seen about 25 different productions of The Glass Menagerie, and it felt stale to me. Nothing about it felt current or urgent. It felt like a museum piece in the worst possible way. I had to pinch myself to stay awake. I feel like a better director would have won me over.

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#15YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/26/13 at 11:27am

I didn't like the Rundabout production either. Kiera Keeley is obviously a very talented actress but I felt like she played Laura as if she were mildly retarded. I did not like the choices, though I can tell that it was a skilled performance.

Looking forward to this revival!

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#16YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/26/13 at 12:03pm

Well, Sarh Paulson played Laura as full-on retarded. I thought Keely was great and that entire production one of the best I've seen. I'm looking forward to this one.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

WOSQ
#17YES! A.R.T.'s GLASS MENAGERIE Coming To Broadway In September
Posted: 4/26/13 at 1:21pm

In February I had tickets for The Glass Menagerie in Cambridge.
I had confirmed Megabus tickets too.
It would have been a long but worthwhile day.

Then catastrophe struck.
It snowed several feet and effectively shut down the northeastern US.
Performance cancelled. Busses cancelled. Couldn't go any other day. Disappointment reigned.

Now it is coming into town.
Hurray.

Anthing has to be better than the Jessica Lange production. Rarely has any production of anything so totally failed practically from the start.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

Videos