News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LetTheSunshineIn2

Member Name: LetTheSunshineIn2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Borle, Sykes, and Rodriguez will lead Kennedy Center's BYE BYE BIRDIE
 Jun 14 2024, 03:55:53 AM

Saw this tonight and  Kim is 16 in this production.  Not sure why some were stating that they had increased the character's age.

Broadway needs to start using Yondr pouches
 Nov 5 2023, 09:35:17 AM

I personally hate them. I turn off my phone before the show starts and don't turn it on again until it's over and Yonder pouches make it difficult to then put my phone in my pocket and I'm stuck holding it.  I find it so frustrating that people can't just follow a simple instruction and turn them off.  I can understand using the pouches as an added level of security when there is nudity on stage, but otherwise, I really hope it does not become the norm on Broadway.&n

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME To Close September 3, 2023
 Aug 21 2023, 05:07:02 PM

TotallyEffed said: "yyys said: "Guess there's really no demand to hear Britney songs 20 years later.

Waiting for that Taylor Swift musical in 20 years.
"

There’s always demand for Britney classics. This show is just weak, starting with the title and marketing.
"

I agree- having seen it in DC, the story was weak, even if though the music and dancing made it fun.  It looks like they tried to add more b

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews
 Apr 3 2023, 05:48:58 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Many new cast members on that list.

Notably, Ryann Redmond replaces MiMi Scardulla, and Nathan Levy replaces Raymond J. Lee.
"

Nothing against Ryann, but I'm sorry to see that MiMi isn't doing this.  I thought her performance was a highlight of the show in DC.  They've definitely added some characters too.  Will be curious to hear about the changes they are making.

Spring 2023 Red Bucket Merch
 Mar 25 2023, 08:00:28 AM

Was at Parade on Wednesday and they weren't collecting yet.  & Juliet had signed playbills for $50 and signed posted for $100.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME at the Marquis Begins May 2023
 Dec 1 2022, 08:10:42 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "I wonder if MiMi Scardulla makes the transfer… she’s doingA Beautiful Noiseright now.

Otherwise, I expect the full cast to transfer.
"

I was wondering the same thing about MiMi.  She was fantastic in the DC production.  

Museum of Broadway
 Nov 20 2022, 06:02:39 PM

I thought it was just okay, especially given what they are charging.  There were some interesting things to see, but it did feel very light on actual artifacts. As someone else said, the Hal Prince exhibit was much better.  

BCEFA Fall Red Bucket Fundraising
 Nov 20 2022, 05:57:57 PM

Kimberly Akimbo is doing it now that they are open.  They have playbills for $60 and posters for I think $120 (maybe $125).  

Have Broadway Productions Ever Utilized Focus Groups?
 Aug 21 2022, 01:37:23 PM

I've never heard of a focus group per se, but I'm pretty sure I got a survey to complete after DEH at Arena Stage, and I got one that was clearly about Jagged Little Pill that was basically a marketing survey around title options and how they framed the show.  The JLP one was before it ran in Boston- no idea how I ended up on that list.  I don't live there and didn't see it until it was on Broadway. 

I do think focus groups during out of town tryouts woul

Advice for canceling trip
 Aug 11 2022, 01:41:58 PM

Thanks everyone!  It looks like I am going to be able to go, but it was touch and go for a bit and I really appreciate all the good advice. 

Advice for canceling trip
 Aug 8 2022, 04:40:44 PM

Sadly, I may have to cancel my upcoming trip. Does anyone have any advice about how to hopefully not totally lose everything on the tickets I have?  Two were purchased through Telecharge (Potus and A Strange Loop) and the other is Seat Geek (Into the Woods).  I know I can post the Seat Geek one for resale, but has anyone had any experience getting refunds with them or with Telecharge for that matter?  For the telecharge tickets, how do I go about reselling them if I can't g

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 31 2022, 08:15:43 PM

I'm glad the cast and some of the crew as well as the audience gave her a loving send off at her final curtain call.  This definitely wasn't her role from what I saw at the preview I attended and it sounds like things were handled poorly as that became increasingly apparent, but she clearly was loved by many of the cast and crew and at the end of the day, being a good person and co-worker matter more. Best wishes to her.

Caroline, or Change runtime?
 Oct 30 2021, 05:52:22 AM
You should be okay. Last Sunday I saw it at 3 and then made it to Six for 6pm. It’s tight and I was sitting on the aisle and therefore able to make a quick exit but you should be able to do it.
CAROLINE, OR CHANGE Previews
 Oct 10 2021, 08:04:11 PM

For those who seen it, what's the run time?  Trying to figure out if I can see a 3pm matinee on Sunday and make it for a 6pm curtain for Six.  

CNBC Article: Nobody wants to see a Broadway show
 Aug 14 2021, 03:12:18 PM

I haven't bought any tickets yet and for me it is partially about Delta of course, but because of their vaccination policies I'd feel okay going.  Mostly, I've balked at buying tickets and planning a trip because at least for the shows I've looked at I can get a decent seat for a reasonable price.  Almost the entire orchestra and the front of the mezz are premium tickets.  If I'm going to go, I'd like a good seat and I'm not willing to pay those prem

Music Man Tickets?
 Jun 6 2021, 03:05:13 PM

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to getting back to live theater!  I was just starting to plan a trip to the city and went looking for Music Man tickets.  There's nothing about buying tickets on the Music Man website and telecharge has a weird message about tickets only being able to be rebooked.  Totally get that those who had the pre-pandemic get priority for rebooking, but does anyone know when they will go on sale for everyone else? Thanks!

What platform are they using for these livestreams?
 Apr 7 2020, 10:20:52 PM

Hope everyone is healthy and hanging in there okay.  I am wondering if anyone knows what platform is being used to produce these livestreams - Lips Together, Teeth Apart, Rosie's Actor's Fund benefit show, Stars in the House, etc?  I've got some sad students with a canceled show and am trying to figure out (with permission from licensing company of course) how we might produce something for their friends, parents and grandparents to watch.  People seem to be calling

Mystery of the Season - Where is Whizzer
 Mar 8 2020, 08:56:04 PM
I miss his reviews too. I trusted them and they helped me determine for what shows I’d buy tickets for my summer trip.
Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews
 Feb 8 2020, 06:01:15 PM

VotePeron said: "I was there tonight - it was my first exposure to the show/the songs. I'm pretty torn. Comparisons to The Bands Visit will be prominent, and rightly so. It is identical in almost every way to TBVin terms of structure, and hell, even narrative (Lost souls meeting at a guesthouse and discuss their turmoils.) I really didn't like The Bands Visit or understand why it was so lauded, but I will say I enjoyed this more.

I found the show admirable in it&#3

Tips for first NYC trip?
 Feb 5 2020, 05:48:46 PM

So many great suggestions on here.  I also really like the Tenement Museum.  An easy and interesting thing to do if you have a few hours - I tend to go late Sunday morning if I have a 3pm matinee ticket.  Have the best time!!  There is great theater put on all over the country, but there really is nothing like the magic of Broadway!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You