News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for actormcfamous

Member Name: actormcfamous
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AMAZING GRACE sets closing  Sep 16 2015, 10:02:15 PM

Have heard that NEWSIES may be coming back. Not sure if it'll be the tour a la HAIR or a separate production, but have heard whisperings that Disney is regretting closing it. 

STOCKARD CHANNING OUT  Sep 14 2014, 11:40:53 AM
The producers are required to notify two of three possible ways that an understudy is on (the three ways being lobby board, playbill inserts, and pre-show announcement). If there truly wasn't anything besides an insert they could be in serious trouble with Equity.
LADY DAY Rush?  Aug 20 2014, 05:19:33 PM
Thanks for the threads haterobics, however there's not much in there as far as how the line has been. Anyone been recently and able to comment on how busy it was? Thanks!
LADY DAY Rush?  Aug 20 2014, 03:41:15 PM
Searched but didn't find any recent info - how's the rush at LADY DAY? Wondering how early we need to be getting there in the morning. Thanks!
2014 Tony Awards  Jun 9 2014, 01:57:34 PM
Anyone know where I can find the entire broadcast online? Help a poor American actor currently visiting Europe out! :)
Julie Taymor's Midsummer Night's Dream Reviews  Nov 24 2013, 04:35:09 PM
Just got an email that tonight's performance was canceled. Anyone know why? I was so looking forward to seeing the show.
Alan Menken Interview - HUNCHBACK CONFIRMED!  Jul 16 2013, 04:03:06 PM
Sara Ramirez for Esmeralda.
next revival you want starring.......  May 26 2011, 01:55:17 AM
Kiss of the Spider Woman starring Beyonce. The role doesn't require much in the acting department besides looking beautiful and seducing Molina/the audience, and she'd sing and dance the sh*t out of that role. She'd sell crazy amounts of tickets, but she'd also be legitimately brilliant IMO.
Sierra Boggess Joins Tyne Daly in MTC's MASTER CLASS This Season  Feb 14 2011, 06:27:52 PM
Anyone know when her last performance in LOVE NEVER DIES will be? I'm seeing it March 19 and really hope I get to see her!
Hello, Dolly! Revival  Dec 5 2010, 12:55:21 PM
Victoria Clark for Dolly. She would be UNREAL... her recording of "Before the Parade Passes By" on her album is sublime. And I'd love to see Mark Rylance as Horace and Laura Benanti (or Kelli O'Hara) as Irene Molloy.

I echo the votes for Christopher Fitzgerald/Bobby Steggert... they'd be perfect.

Ripley, Somers, Hansen, Hunton, Sadleir & Kushnier to Star in NEXT TO NORMA  Oct 22 2010, 11:49:48 PM
Caitlin Kinnunen (Thea in SPRING AWAKENING on Broadway) is the Natalie standby.
Grand Hotel Revival : Who would you cast???  Jul 7 2010, 07:58:33 PM
Brian d'Arcy James for the Baron. His "Love Can't Happen" would be stunning.
Kiss of the Spider Woman revival?  Jun 29 2010, 07:26:06 PM
I've posted this on here before, but I really think this would be the perfect role for Beyonce to make her stage debut (I know she's expressed interest in interviews). She'd sing the crap out of that score, and it doesn't require a whole ton of acting besides looking beautiful and elegant. Would also love to see Sara Ramirez do it.

Raul Esparza would be a great Valentin - as would Hugh Jackman if a box office draw was needed. And I vote for Dennis O'Hare as Molina.

I'd love to

Dream Revivals?  Jun 21 2010, 07:29:26 AM
Kiss of the Spiderwoman

Beyonce or Sara Ramirez as Aurora/Spiderwoman
Hugh Jackman or Raul Esparza as Valentin
Denis O'Hare or Daniel Evans as Molina

NIGHT MUSIC is closing for sure??  Jun 7 2010, 12:41:55 AM
Any predictions as to just how much this will boost box office? I'm going to New York for a week on July 14 (between this and Ripley/D'arcy James' last in NEXT TO NORMAL, it literally couldn't be a better week) and am wondering if it's safe to assume that there should be TKTS or rush/lotto seats available with Peters and Stritch.
Best of Off-Broadway Summer 2010?  May 30 2010, 10:26:32 PM
I'm going to be in NYC for 8 whirlwind days this July and am looking forward to catching up on some great theatre while I'm there. In terms of B'way shows, I feel entirely up-to-date and confident in what I'm going to try to see while I'm there, but I'd love everyone's opinions on the off-Broadway offerings that will still be open mid July(would love to see Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson and/or The Burnt Part Boys but they'll both be closed). I'm just not as up on off-Broadway fare as I should be.
Who do you think will play Evita in the revival?  May 25 2010, 11:17:04 PM
I, for one, would love to see Idina Menzel do it.

(ducks for cover)

No, but seriously. There's a video of her singing "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" in London on that site, and it's FANTASTIC.

re: Chicagoians...who is seeing the first preview of ADDAMS FAMILY tonight?  Nov 28 2009, 01:23:58 AM
Question for those who've seen the show - SPOILER ALERT:

I saw the matinee today (Friday) and at the very end of the Wednesday/Lucas duet in Act II ("Crazier Than You" I believe?) when Lucas runs upstage to stand against the tree so Wednesday can shoot the crossbow, the scrim used for the next scene started flying in. It was low enough so that Wesley Taylor had to run and slide under it to do the "button" of the song downstage of the scrim with Wednesday. It then started going back up,

re: Alice Ripley's replacement in N2N?  Aug 17 2009, 04:39:21 AM
I think Megan Mullaly would be incredible as Diana... granted she's a little old, but I think she can read young enough to pull it off. Her voice is incredible and she's just a brilliant actress - listening to her on the Jeff Blumenkrantz podcast solidified my belief that, though she's a phenomenal comic actress, she has the emotional depth and ability to take on emotionally complex and challenging roles like this one. Plus, she'd bring in a whole new audience to see the show.
Catch Me If You Can is TOO LATE TO FIX!  Aug 12 2009, 03:10:03 PM
From what I've heard through the theatre grapevine, the 5th has put it up its normal producing costs for a show in their mainstage season (in the ballpark of 2.5 million). The two New York producers, Margo Lion and Hal Luftig, have put up an additional million or so, bringing the production's budget to somewhere between $3.5 million and $4 million.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You