News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JohnyBroadway

JohnyBroadway Profile Photo
Member Name: JohnyBroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Theatre Fanatic

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys  May 15 2023, 10:55:27 PM

Some associated with the industry are reporting that a script was already complete.

Lea Michele's Next Broadway Project Post-FUNNY GIRL?  May 10 2023, 03:04:40 PM

Could it be The Nanny?

Kimberly Akimbo vs Some Like it Hot Best Musical Tony  Apr 9 2023, 11:38:19 AM

I recently saw both shows last month in the same week. I think Kimberly will take Best Musical, Best Book, along with featured and leading actress. For score that's a hard one. I found "Some Like It Hot." to have the better and more memorable score. It's such a fun throwback to the golden age. I found  Akimbos score to be Tesoris weaker score at first listen. It doesn't move like "Fun Home." does. But it does have some charm after listening to the cast rec

Goodbye Aladdin  Oct 12 2021, 05:17:09 PM

Both Thomas Schumacher and Anne Quart have spoken on a few podcasts over the past couple of months. Hercules is definetly not on the back burner. I don't see them closing Aladdin unless they have a new production ready to go. After all it is their theatre unless the companies shareholders aren't holding out. Between Beauty, Aida, or Hercules, I hope it is the later of the three. A limited engagement of Poppins seems like a treat. It does seem like the show closed so abupt in 2013

Who was the member of DEH OBC who turned down a role in the film?  Sep 30 2021, 03:09:46 PM

Wick3 said: "It may have also conflicted with his West Side Story movie schedule."

West Side Story wrapped up filming in fall 2019. Dear Evan Hansen didn't start filming until fall 2020 or early winter I can't remember, but the filming didn't overlap. He could've done both, but clearly gave his refusual. I loved Colton Ryan in the film and his performance should be commended. Such a treat.I'm happy to see Faist in West Side Story and future projec

The Prom - National Tour  Sep 27 2021, 06:19:55 PM

This is an Equity tour produced by Networks. It's also listed on Equity's website as such. I wonder if any major players are playing the Broadway stars? I'm very curious.

EVERYBODY’S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE Film To Premiere On Amazon Prime 9/17  May 20 2021, 07:54:53 PM

Tbh, Love, Victor is better suited on Hulu. I'm glad that they made the shift.

NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday seaosn  May 13 2021, 01:36:07 PM

1. I hope they keep all of the political subplots (something that was omitted in the Disney Adaptation.) Herbert Hoover could be a rousing number on the broadcast.

2. I hope they give the maybe/tomorrow reprise to Grace.

2. Alicia Morton is still around. It would be a treat if she was the star to be.

Alex Ellis : I was over worked and under f**king paid  Apr 20 2021, 11:21:23 AM

Hence why the phrase "Ask if its equity." should be retooled. To the public eye it makes the campaign look like a complaint towards profitting off the lower quality of talent (which isn't true. So many incredible performers get their starts on these non-equity tours.) When in fact the main focus should be on the proffitting off of horrendous hours, low pay, and working conditions. 

Rob Roth to step down  Apr 20 2021, 12:56:52 AM

And on the 27th Anniversary of Beauty and the Beast. How strange, I wonder if Disney HR has anything to say.

Disneyland opening April 30th  Mar 18 2021, 08:25:36 PM
The actors and singers (stage performers) at Disneyland are on an AGVA contract. It's my understanding that the performers on an AGVA contract were laid off. Given the circumstances of the strict guidelines in California I imagine it'll be a long while before live entertainment returns. With Fantasyland Theatre outside and open air, I bet that'll be the first theatre venue to reopen. Having shadowed in the stage management department at the resort it's really sad that these venues are closed. Th
"Beauty and the Beast" Overture  Sep 18 2020, 02:36:48 PM
I think it was a way to get the audience in their seats. I've seen the show performed with and without the Overture and it definitely has always put me into focus with it.
The original production of Beauty and the Beast  Aug 28 2020, 07:59:49 PM

Susan Egan mentioned in the interview that since this was Disneys first venture into Broadway, the company executives were scared that audiences would lose trust in the disney brand if performances were not 100% like the animated film on stage. Which contributes to the over the top animated performances by the original cast and the casts that followed. They at the time did not trust the authentic humanity of the characters. However, looking at how Disney Theatrical evolved from this proj

Dear Evan Hansen movie?  Aug 21 2020, 12:59:53 AM
Kate Walsh or Toni Collette for Cynthia?
Diana going to Netflix  Aug 12 2020, 10:09:51 AM
In the article released by Broadway.com it says that they've worked closely with Actors Equity and it is believed that the cast will quarentine together. (ala NBA, Big Brother.)
What do we know about the BEAUTY & THE BEAST revival?  Aug 5 2020, 12:48:03 PM

The latest tour was produced by Networks and besides the original creative team featured little if no involvement with Disney Theatrical Productions. It was a registered production. Disney Theatrical Productions and the entertainment divison of the cruise line have always been seperate segments and I doubt that latest staging will have any influence to the new revival. However, I do think Evermore would be serviceable in Act 2. 

Why can non-eq tours play in houses/employ road cr that have IATSE members?  Jan 26 2020, 12:38:19 AM
Non AEA does not mean non-union. Most Non AEA tours/productions are still under other union contracts. It depends on the scope of the production and venue.
Martin Charnin has died  Jul 8 2019, 09:31:16 PM
It’s Martin Charnin who has died. Not Charles Strouse.
Usher Pay On Broadway  May 7 2019, 01:06:52 AM
I know that Disney hires externally for ushers at the new Amsterdam. Are they different compared to other houses?
Jeremy Jordon and Oklahoma  Jan 14 2019, 10:44:52 PM

Kinda strange to see Laura Osnes introducing this. Awhile back she talked badly about the 1997 TV production of Cinderella for adding a pop sound to the Cinderella score.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You