News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rcwr

rcwr Profile Photo
Member Name: rcwr
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jagged Little Pill is coming to Broadway this Fall  Jan 28 2019, 04:43:38 PM

I hope Celia Gooding is in it. I loved her at ART.

Broadway in Boston  Jan 28 2019, 04:40:17 PM

Generally I like Huntington, Lyric, Speakeasy, and ART. When Huntington had Merrily We Roll Along it was stupendous. I don't subscribe to Broadway in Boston because I'm not interested in all the shows (and I could never afford a subscription even if I were), but I do see some national tours with them.

Arts Emerson had Born For This last summer. It was terrific.

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?  Dec 7 2018, 06:46:24 PM

Something is amiss in the pie shop. 

Is anyone named Lovett?

George Takei shows his 'Allegiance' to his musical with new film about its journey to Broadway  Nov 24 2018, 06:44:22 PM

Thanks, Giants! Now I've signed up too.

George Takei shows his 'Allegiance' to his musical with new film about its journey to Broadway  Nov 24 2018, 05:18:14 PM

Does anyone know -- what about releasing the filmed version of Allegiance for individual purchase on DVD? Wasn't that supposed to happen around fall/winter 2018 (ie now)? 

I'd also love them to release this new "making of" film along with it. I'd buy a two-DVD set of those. 

Les Miserables Tour 2017  Aug 19 2018, 11:24:56 PM

Seconding what adamgreer said about Andrew Varela and Philip Quast.

Jessica Vosk "Wild and Free"  Aug 12 2018, 12:33:17 AM

I absolutely love it.

West Side Story on BBC Proms, and rec me a cast album?  Aug 12 2018, 12:31:15 AM

Thanks everyone! I'm going to start with the OBCR.

West Side Story on BBC Proms, and rec me a cast album?  Aug 11 2018, 05:16:26 PM

Did anyone listen to the stream of West Side Story today from BBC Proms? I thought it was wonderful. I've been a fan of Eden Espinosa since I saw her in Merrily We Roll Along in Boston, so that's one reason I tuned in. I'd never super bonded with WSS before but now I suddenly have.

Recs for which cast album I should get? Open to any, but not to the movie soundtrack. I think it was the movie that made me bounce off the show years ago.

Next WICKED Cast  Jul 30 2018, 03:26:56 PM

Yes, I saw Vosk on tour in Boston. Acting and vocals both fantastic. Absolutely go see her.

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART  Jun 22 2018, 10:15:05 PM

Check out “Born For This”

Seconding.

CLAIMED. Free ticket for THE WIZ at The Lyric Stage in Boston - June 23  May 27 2018, 12:19:18 AM

I have one ticket that I can't use for THE WIZ at the Lyric Stage in Boston, June 23, 8:00. Second row center. It's a physical ticket so you need to be willing to give me your snailmail address. First person to message me can have it. 

EDIT: Claimed. Mods, feel free to take this down.

ALLEGIANCE in Boston  May 10 2018, 01:13:37 AM

I saw it tonight and thought it was fantastic. I hadn't seen the other incarnations. Has anyone else seen it here yet?

PBS Announces Airdates for Bdway's FALSETTOS, INDECENT, HOLIDAY INN & More!  Oct 21 2017, 01:13:01 PM

CD has been claimed. 

elephantseye, TheQuibbler, and Nycat63:  Thank you.

PBS Announces Airdates for Bdway's FALSETTOS, INDECENT, HOLIDAY INN & More!  Oct 21 2017, 04:43:43 AM

I watched She Loves Me tonight and, for a personal reason that I'm not going to go into -- nothing about the production, which was great! -- it's not a show that I want in my life. I bought the cast recording a while ago -- the 2016 one, Benanti/Krakowski/Levi -- and hadn't listened to it yet. Anyone want it? First person to message me your name and mailing addie, I'll send you the CD.

Actors - Are Apple Watches irritating?  Oct 17 2017, 06:29:53 AM

Depending how important the time-tracking is to you, you could try a cheap, old-fashioned watch -- not one with a light, but one with a face that's big enough and numbers that are bold/clear/offset enough that you might be able to read it in the darkened house.

Actors - Are Apple Watches irritating?  Oct 17 2017, 06:25:53 AM

It bothers me very much. It nabs my focus from the stage even if the person is in the row in front of me or not next to me. Please, please keep it off. I have sympathy for you enjoying tracking the time in terms of the show's structure -- I do that sometimes with tv shows -- but in the theater it's not fair because you're interrupting other people's experience.

Harvey Weinstein news  Oct 15 2017, 12:45:18 AM

Jarethan, I absolutely adored FN at ART and saw it repeatedly here. (I live in Cambridge and those early tickets were cheap before it caught fire and sold out.) I had never heard any of the rumors about HW (I have no personal connections to pro theater) yet during the event when HW came to the ART for that fake ha-ha match with the reporter, I found his vibe to be disturbing and domineering. He walked around ART like he was king. It never influenced my love for the show, but nor did

Merrily We Roll Along directed by Maria Friedman  Oct 6 2017, 05:27:21 PM

Brantley: "For the first time in my experience, Frank is the beating, shattered heart of the show. That’s partly a matter of how Ms. Friedman has ingeniously framed her production. But it’s also a consequence Mr. Umbers’s startlingly sympathetic performance of a (usually unsympathetic) man to whom fame happens."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/06/theater/sondheim-warhol-and-capote-as-guides-to-fame.html

Merrily We Roll Along directed by Maria Friedman  Oct 5 2017, 12:13:46 AM

I saw it again. Even though, as somebody said here, it doesn't have a difficult plot, I realized tonight that the first time I saw it, I was spending a bunch of brain energy following the causations, just because of the reverse chronology. This time, I was able to watch in an "all-heart" way. It was SO GOOD. This cast -- wow, wow, wow. The singing level is fantastic. I feel so lucky that this came to Boston. Mark Umbers' acting job in terms of ch

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You