News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MarilynMonroeSmash

MarilynMonroeSmash Profile Photo
Member Name: MarilynMonroeSmash
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Pulitzer Prize Predictions
 May 5 2024, 09:43:08 PM

Pulitzers are announced tomorrow, May 6! What are people’s predictions?

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Apr 28 2024, 09:12:02 PM

Well I know my Tuesday night plans lol

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
 Apr 28 2024, 08:42:51 PM

Does anyone know how long Charlotte will be on? I saw it posted on Instagram maybe last week, but can’t find it anymore. I would love to see the duo of Charlotte and Robyn!

London Trip July 4th
 Apr 7 2024, 09:01:31 AM

I’ve seen Operation Mincemeat my last two trips so I completely understand the hype!

London Trip July 4th
 Apr 6 2024, 01:54:15 PM

I’m thinking about doing a day trip to Plymouth for the first preview of Prada.

And yes, I forgot I had Hello Dolly and Starlight Express on that list too.

London Trip July 4th
 Apr 6 2024, 01:35:42 PM

I’d love to get some recommendations for my London Trip around July 4th. I have my list, but I’m sure I may be missing something! The shows on my radar are: Bluets, Slave Play, Mean Girls, Kiss Me Kate, Opening Night, Standing At the Sky’s Edge, Two Strangers, The Constituent, Next to Normal, Hadestown, and The Devil Wears Prada (Plymouth).

Any other recommendations?

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Dec 19 2023, 10:59:45 AM

Anything for Tommy?

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons
 Nov 22 2023, 07:11:24 PM

I did yesterday and got a ticket for $89 for B on the aisle 5 minutes before curtain. 

I wanted to get there earlier, but arrived around 6:20 and there were 4 people ahead of me. One person was actually waiting for Sad Boys in Harpy Land tickets, so they didn’t even need to be on line. The first person wanted one ticket and the next two we’re requesting two each, so 5 tickets in front of me when they took the list at 6:30. They do ask if you’re willin

THE GREAT GATSBY @ Paper Mill Playhouse Thread
 Oct 13 2023, 11:08:23 AM

I attended last night and this was probably one of the worst pieces of theater I have ever seen. 

To preface, I must say the performances are excellent though. The cast is making the most out of nothing. I wish Jeremy was in the Florence Welch production because he’s a great Gatsby; he just has terrible material to work with. I also enjoyed some of the direction and the sets (except for Gatsby’s mansion, which looked like a factory), but the writing was a mess. These a

INFINITE LIFE at Atlantic Theater Company
 Aug 19 2023, 02:42:13 PM

There are some positive reviews on Show Score from last night. I’m going tomorrow.

https://www.show-score.com/off-broadway-shows/infinite-life

Another possible strike, but this one WILL effect Boadway
 Jul 19 2023, 01:32:34 PM

Would Off-Broadway shows then continue if there were to be a strike?

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 18 2023, 03:14:41 PM

Perhaps it’s your browser cache or cookies? Or maybe you have something set that won’t allow a pop up window. I suggest calling The Shed at this point.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 18 2023, 02:22:22 PM

I got my tickets around 2:10, but it took a little work. It wasn’t showing my Shed account even though I was logged in so I had to log in again and then I got them.

I still have access to order more so I guess they’re not capping it yet.

Jul 18 2023, 12:09:45 PM

There is now an “application error” whenever I try loading the shed’s site and I’m a member.

THE SIGN IN SIDNEY BRUSTEIN’S WINDOW Reviews
 Jun 28 2023, 09:15:30 AM

Does anyone know if this is being recorded? I was in the mezzanine on Friday and they had three cameras setup in the front row. From looking at them during the show, they are getting some closeup and complicated shots. I don’t know if the Lincoln Center tapping collection has upped their game, but this seemed more involved and less stationary than usual.

Encores! 2023: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and OLIVER!
 Jun 22 2023, 05:08:18 PM

I’ve read the novella and I don’t believe that’s an original part of the plot. I believe it’s exclusive to the film. It seems like a plot point added by executives to give more of a concrete explanation for Margaret’s choices.

London Theater Trip July 28-August 7 Help
 May 18 2023, 11:07:16 AM

I wish Motive and The Cue would extend through the end of July because I don’t think a transfer will come together that quickly for me to see it. Here’s to hoping!

Ive definitely added Operation Mincemeat and The Pillowman!

London Theater Trip July 28-August 7 Help
 May 17 2023, 03:50:57 PM

I’ll be in London from July 28-August 7 and I’m trying to figure out what shows I’m going to be seeing. Can anyone give me some advice on what I shouldn’t miss? And also if anyone’s heard whisperings of these coming to NYC, since I would then be okay putting those off till then and fill up my time with shows only to see in London.

Definitely Seeing:

1. Guys and Dolls
  2. Brokeback Mountain
  3. Patriots
  4. Crazy for You
Richard Thomas to play Atticus Finch in TKAM Tour
 May 16 2023, 04:58:25 PM

Has anyone heard of a replacement for Richard Thomas? He was excellent earlier this year in Philadelphia, but I noticed the tour is starting to make return engagements and is running till June 2024. I’d assume he wouldn’t sign a contract for that long and I’d be interested in seeing it again with another Atticus.

Esparza out of Oliver! on 5/7 7PM show......
 May 8 2023, 02:11:46 PM

Kathy Voytko is listed on City Center’s website as the Countess Aurelia cover.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You