News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PatrickDennis92

Member Name: PatrickDennis92
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Evan Hanson Is NOT a sociopath  Feb 5 2018, 01:38:10 PM
I think the fact that he came clean shows that he is not. I remember thInking why can’t you just get out of this without it being so messy, meaning not totally coming clean.... I thought it unnecessarily ended up hurting people, including himself... perhaps I am a sociopath.
Circle in the Square school flooded; "Island"?  Jan 4 2018, 06:37:15 PM
I’m not saying anything has happened; I’m happily out of the city this week and so I don’t know anything about the state of the theatre— I just have a practical question about insurance in a situation like this, if there were one. Would this be something the show’s insurance would pay for, if performances had to be cancelled? Or would it fall to the theatres insurance, or a combination fought out in court? I know shows usually have a deductible of 4 performances or so, before their insurance kic
Will there be discounts for Once on this Island?  Dec 31 2017, 12:50:03 PM
I should clarify that I wasn’t calling all theatre-goers drunk housewives et al. I was commenting that there is an element of the ultra wealthy scooping up tickets at any price, and that the experience itself is almost irrelevant, just like the cost of the ticket is, and this is pricing what we would call “theatre-goers” out. I am not wrong about this. Just look at the bar lines for $65 drinks at certain shows, where they can barely serve everyone at intermission. And I didn’t say shows couldn’t
Will there be discounts for Once on this Island?  Dec 31 2017, 10:42:08 AM
I’m sure if you wait a few days there will be something. They aren’t at capacity yet, and these weeks are traditionally much higher than January so currently they are getting by without discounts in favor of comps, lottery, etc to achieve their full houses— while obviously no one really knows what the public will do until they do it, I, personally, don’t see this going much longer without discounts because I don’t think the target audience can afford it at top prices. I still remember when I wal
a broadway show with a 6 word title?  Dec 30 2017, 07:17:26 PM
N E W Z Z Z
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/24/17  Dec 30 2017, 09:47:07 AM
High 400’s sounds about right for a musical in Circle in the Square; the recoupment schedules which have been described above as on the “frontier of legality” (which I am stealing) would attempt to show a nut as approximately 50% of capacity. This is usually neither the case nor achieved, but that sounds accurate for what the investors would have been told. I remember when Natasha Great Comet Extravaganza was Off Broadway, they achieved capacity over what their paperwork predicted as 100%, and
Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS  Dec 28 2017, 12:52:54 PM
I apologize that I wasn’t clear when I used the present tense about Sara and Jason’s chemistry. I was talking about Sara, to clarify, and I was basing it on a couple of things— I know Jason a tiny bit from mutual close friends, and so I happen to know he thinks the world of Sara as an artist (I believe the feeling is mutual but I can’t speak for her), and they work well with each other, and I know he likes the show (not always the case as we know) and I also know he has enjoyed taking an activ
a broadway show with a 6 word title?  Dec 26 2017, 01:06:48 PM
The Rise and Rise of Daniel Rocket.

Doesn’t fit the guidelines in any way other than possibly being the title. The tap dancing et al could be throwing you off the scent on purpose.

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS  Dec 26 2017, 11:30:31 AM
They should do whatever they have to in order to keep these two. I’m sure it won’t happen, but they are so good together, it really elevates the show and could generate serious box office revenue as word continued to get out. I would go so far as to suggest paying them each 10% of the gross would be worth it, even though such a deal is typically reserved for major stars. I don’t think either of them are particularly “rich” by celebrity standards, so that kind of money would make it worth their w
Another Rudin Lawsuit  Dec 26 2017, 11:22:20 AM
I would be surprised to learn that they didn’t require Rudin to pay an advance of a somewhat significant size against future royalties. Not that it’s all that common especially for a major producer to pay up in advance, but Glass Menagerie is in a class well above average in terms of value of the property by itself. My guess is the school signed something that their lawyers didn’t understand based on a points system rather than gross specific royalty payments, and with caveats regarding weekly e
a broadway show with a 6 word title?  Dec 23 2017, 03:26:12 PM
The Kiss of the Spider Woman
The Mystery of Edwin Drood
Merlin

a broadway show with a 6 word title?  Dec 23 2017, 03:12:25 PM
So is it 6 words or 7? Your example indicates 7.
Best And Worst Jukebox Musical Through The Years  Dec 23 2017, 03:09:51 PM
I thought On Your Feet was horrible; I really think it lacks taste to produce a bio musical about yourself. Cher’s better be f*ing amazing.
re: Best book about Sondheim musicals?  Dec 23 2017, 09:39:12 AM
I have read it; it was fine but not anything I would say someone needs to rush out and get. I suppose my issue is that I’m not sure Sondheim reinvented anything— he stands rather starkly in contrast in my view, having invented his own style that while inspiring to so many artists hasn’t really caught on in a successful way. I do think, though, that he can be given credit for reinventing the musical theatre song, as I do think his influence at that level is far reaching. But the book, in my opini
Elaine Paige X-mas photo on twitter! LOL  Dec 21 2017, 01:33:04 PM
Ok, I did laugh out loud actually
Hello Dolly Tickets  Dec 21 2017, 10:25:26 AM
I actually was able to get into Hamilton with the original cast on StubHub for $200 a ticket by waiting until the last minute, I mean, literally the last minute, at 6:40 for a 7pm curtain. Center orchestra row M. I was delighted. So yeah, StubHub can occasionally have amazing deals depending on the misfortune of others.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/17/17  Dec 19 2017, 03:17:54 PM
I know there is a lot of love for OOTI on this board, so I will expect to be shiv’d on the E train tonight. But I personally don’t think OOTI is on the trajectory we saw with Come From Away... If I were the producers of OOTI, I would soberly determine what expenses could be cut in order to try and make the show profitable at grosses around 400-500k a week, pray for awards, and potentially consider stunt casting later in the run. In my opinion, the show just isn’t good enough for word of mouth to
Anastasia or Miss Saigon?  Dec 19 2017, 03:00:30 PM
1000% Miss Saigon. I promise. Just take my word for it.
Who is the greatest performer to have ever graced the broadway stage?  Dec 18 2017, 05:03:28 PM
Michael Moore obv
London Theater - Transfers  Dec 18 2017, 04:53:03 PM
I hope The Ferryman makes it over; I actually have a question about that— is there a precedent for bringing children actors with an international transfer that uses the original cast? I can’t recall that happening so I’m merely curious. Not to say AEA would allow the cast to transfer (and not to say they won’t- I’m not priv to that conversation at all) but the only time I can think of that a massive play travelled with its entire original cast was August Osage County, and of course, there were n
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You