News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mark Loves His Scarf

Mark Loves His Scarf Profile Photo
Member Name: Mark Loves His Scarf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's in your CD player now?
 Jul 13 2007, 04:06:11 PM
Wow, everyone's listening to the Hairspray soundtrack. Is it that much better than the OBC recording? XD Personally, I can't stop listening to Elisabeth.
re: Congratulations David Hyde Pierce!!!
 Jun 12 2007, 01:32:51 AM
Add my congrats, please! Like many others, I was expecting Groff or Esparza to take the win, but when they called out Pierce's name, I couldn't have been more excited. And his speech was among the best given that night, so sincere! And because this thread is dedicated to that wonderfully talented man, I have to insert the quote that made me love him even more:

"Jonathan Groff, who has so much talent at a young age that I have to go take a nap."

How could his fellow nominees no

re: I did NOT think Raul deserved the tony...am I alone?
 Jun 12 2007, 12:45:49 AM
Definitely not alone. I thought it was a well-deserved Tony awarded to Pierce. Esparza will get another chance.

It took every strength within me not to peek at these boards during the Tony's and when I saw how much resentment there was with Esparza not winning the Tony, I have to admit, I was a bit shocked. I know Esparza has a huge fan base, but there was so much animosity and, sadly, unnecessary insolence thrown at Pierce. Both are outstanding performers, each bringing something uniq

re: Spelling Bee LA reviews
 May 26 2007, 07:25:52 PM
>>I saw it tonight, and it was a blast. The lighting still needed a bit of work, and there was an "oops" with one of the stage lights shattering above the head of the performers, but they did not seem too phased.<<

I was at this performance!!! It was so great =) I love the look Marcy gave when the glass shattered. She gave this kind of "ooohh someone's in trouble" smirk and, from the corner of her eye, looked to her right where the glass fell. And then when she was about to misspell her

re: Laura Michelle Kelly as Galadriel (TOTALLY New look)
 May 10 2007, 03:17:28 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! Laura is one of the prettiest women I've ever seen- I'm envious!
re: Sara Ramirez to Record a Cd
 Apr 23 2007, 11:24:36 PM
It's about time.
re: Inspirational Broadway Songs
 Apr 16 2007, 02:25:06 AM
I've always loved the lyrics to Anything Can Happen from Mary Poppins. It gave me that type of feeling I used to get when I first saw the animated classics like Little Mermaid or Lion King.
re: long running perofrmances in long running shows
 Apr 6 2007, 02:05:21 AM
Does Avenue Q count as a long running show? For me, it would have to be John Owen-Jones in Phantom of the Opera. Longest running Phantom in the West End; personally, I think he is the ideal Phantom. I love his voice and everything he does on stage =)
Dream Bert & Mary Poppins?
 Mar 9 2007, 03:18:20 AM
Not many suggestions for Bert. What about Andrew Samonsky? I would love to hear his voice again. And he's not a stranger with Disney =)

How about Sarah Uriarte Berry as Mary?

re: Dream Bert & Mary Poppins?
 Mar 7 2007, 10:50:54 PM
^^
I think I can say the same about the other Gavin ^-^

re: Dream Bert & Mary Poppins?
 Mar 7 2007, 09:16:06 PM
I second Ruthie Henshall as Mary Poppins and Tim Howar as Bert. I would love to see the couple in something together. Didn't Tim say in an interview that he would love it if Mary Poppins went by their way?

Besides, Ruthie as Mary would be heaven!

re: POTO Sequel Back On ... Maybe
 Feb 16 2007, 11:08:12 PM
This is interesting news. For me, this is the first time I've even heard of the idea of a sequel for POTO. I mean it's a gem by itself, why make a sequel? I would probably see it anyway, but it might not make my favorites. I'm not too sure. The jury's still out. I'll have to wait for more news on storyline, prospective cast members.
re: BroadwayWorld.com MEGASIZES its videos!
 Feb 3 2007, 12:35:33 AM
I love it. I just watched the Producers ad with Tony Danza with this feature and it is mega-cool (forgive the pun). Quick question (keep in mind I don't follow the Producers, but I do know some this and thats): So the poster they show in the beginning and at the end of said video says "Tony Danza and Hunter Foster" but in the video, Roger Bart is Leo. I know Hunter was (is?) Leo, but someone please inform me. Was it a mistake on the poster, are my eyes deceiving me, or did they not have Hunter F
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: la foster
 Jan 27 2007, 08:01:42 PM
I'm sorry, I just had to reply to this. Reading this thread put a smile on my face. Just reminiscing about how Sutton's career took off to where she is now. She truly is brilliant. She was such a starlet four years ago and now she's an icon. How long until she becomes legendary? ::sighs::
re: strange question
 Jan 10 2007, 10:51:59 PM
I was wondering that question too, but my friend told me it was an enunciating thing. John Lithgow in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels- buckets and buckets of spit. Gross, but it was an honor seeing him perform, no matter how much he spitted.
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Jul 26 2006, 02:09:57 AM
Another one: I praise Lithgow for what he does, but wish someone else was casted. He may be classically trained, but not at all, in my ears, a good singer. Perhaps I'd listen to my DRS OBCR more often if someone else played the part.
 Jul 26 2006, 12:40:57 AM
POSTED BY Mattbrain:
---
I don't know what the hell is the big deal about Sutton Foster.

I think Patti LuPone is a better Mrs. Lovett than Angela Lansbury.
---

I actually dropped my jaw at those! haha Great job! Haha...interesting feeling, giving a congratulatory pat on the back to someone who holds contradicting views.

Jul 25 2006, 08:09:19 PM
A lot of people on this board may dislike Rent, but I'm not sure if you would label liking it as an "unpopular" opinion.
re: Performers that make a show
 Jul 25 2006, 07:27:19 PM
I agree, Lynch made Wedding Singer. IMHO, Sutton made Drowsy, but Bob is the genius. Sutton also made Millie and Little Women for me. Morrison and O'Hara made Piazza.
 Jul 25 2006, 07:16:17 PM
-Idina's not the best belter. She's good and she's one of my favorite performers, but give me Sherie or Sara anyday.

-Adam Pascal was good-looking in his younger days, but now... eh. Even in the Rent movie... wasn't too impressed.

-CATS is one of the best musicals I've ever seen.

-By a slight microscopic margin, I favor Joe Cassidy in the role of Freddy than Norbert.

-I don't like Lauren Kennedy.

-Broadway's blessed to have Stephen Lynch,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You