News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thebeautyis3

Member Name: thebeautyis3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theater-Themed Novels  Nov 13 2023, 08:59:14 PM

I love this thread. Thanks, everyone. I've added about ten books to my TBR list.

If you like romance novels, I've written two books centered around Broadway performers with a third on the way (it's written, just need to get it prepared to publish early next year). They're called Love to Me and Til There Was You, both by Elizabeth Doherty.

Cynthia Erivo as Harriet Tubman  Sep 17 2018, 09:53:09 AM

I don't have a problem that Erivo is English and playing this iconic role. I do have a problem with some of the things she says and tweets and retweets. Whether she believes it or not, a recent tweet/retweet of hers makes it sound like she looks down on African Americans (something about how they're jealous of Africans), so that kind of makes me not want to see her play one of America's greatest icons. (Maybe it was taken out of context I guess?)

Audra McDonald is pregnant!  Oct 20 2016, 10:10:02 AM

Will Swenson's mother who passed away a few years ago was named Sally. I'd assume she's named after her. Does James have anything to do with Audra's late father?

Sierra Boggess to Headline The Phantom of the Opera in Paris  Jun 20 2016, 10:54:54 AM

I really enjoyed her Christine, but I want to see her do something different.  Something NOT ALW (you're right, School of Rock doesn't fit her very well).

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 03:25:43 PM

I don't follow Hamilton news very closely and didn't know what you knew or didn't know about extensions and whatnot. Will I miss a lot of the action in row W if it's partial view?

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 01:01:24 PM

After a lot of fighting with the app and website last night, I managed to snag some seats for February.  It didn't let me choose the seats, but after 40 mins of trying, I was ready to give up and took what they gave me.  Row W.  How will the view be? (My friend got Row C, and I'm so jealous.)  Also, any word on the cast in February?

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 12 2016, 11:37:40 PM

I went to check out and my order didn't go through.  I'm a little annoyed.

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 12 2016, 07:24:43 PM

Any tips if I'm trying for the general sale tonight.  Do I have to wait until 11:10 to sign onto Ticketmaster?  Can I get "on line" earlier?  (I made that mistake when trying to get Cursed Child tickets and don't want to do it again.)

RENT Opened On Broadway 20 Years Ago Today  Apr 30 2016, 11:34:10 AM

Adam Pascal gave a very nice (short) speech after Disaster! last night about it being the 20th anniversary and how it was great to be back in the Nederlander for it.

She Loves Me reviews  Apr 6 2016, 12:28:46 PM

Does anyone know if there are any planned vacations for the cast members?  It's a limited run, so I wasn't sure, and I couldn't find any info about it on the Roundabout website. Thanks!

Kelli O'Hara & Kelsey Grammer to Star In MY FAIR LADY On Broadway?  Nov 23 2015, 09:18:06 AM

I know a lot of people are going to come in here groaning about O'Hara's potential casting and about how there are other ingenues who could/should play the role, but I heard that Kelli was fantastic when she did the role with the Philharmonic. I hope this is true because I'd love to be able to see the performance.

KING CHARLES III Previews  Oct 21 2015, 06:00:46 PM

Darn. I was hoping for a week's extension. I am arriving down there on February 1, and I was really hoping to see this. When does Shuffle Along start?

What's next for Will Swensen ?  Oct 20 2015, 08:57:44 PM

Doesn't change the fact that he has strong ties to the area and to the theater community out there.

What's next for Will Swensen ?  Oct 20 2015, 06:08:43 AM

He's also from Utah, and his family owns a theater out there.  So it's not surprising he might do something there.  (A couple of years ago, he and Audra did a short run of 110 in the Shade in Utah.)

School Of Rock casting?  May 26 2015, 06:33:33 AM

I heard a rumor that Sierra Boggess will play the principal. 

I'm not surprised at all.  She's ALW's golden girl.  Knowing his creepy obsession with her, he probably wrote it for her.

I've also heard Alex Brightman's name attached to this.

The King and I  Apr 3 2015, 06:56:28 AM

O'Hara has developed quite the rabid teenage fanbase since Bridges of Madison County.  Stories about intense stagedoor experiences for her are sad, but not surprising to me.

The king and I previews thread  Mar 15 2015, 09:38:22 PM
Yeah, I know. The rest of the weekend was booked up, so we went with Easter. I won't be too disappointed. I was just curious.
The king and I previews thread  Mar 15 2015, 09:30:26 PM
I know it's early to ask (and this might not even be the right place), but how is the stagedoor? I'm seeing the show on Easter, and I was curious.

And how would the third row on the left side of the house be? I've only ever sat up in the mezzanine before.

ON THE 20th CENTURY Reviews  Mar 15 2015, 09:26:39 PM
I think she gave that interview pre-Tonys and said that Bridges was the first role she felt like she was worthy of a win for. I don't think she ever said Mueller deserved the award over her (though she did have a lot of praise for the performance).
ON THE 20th CENTURY Reviews  Mar 15 2015, 09:10:39 PM
There was a rumor going around last year that a significant number of Tony voters voted for Mueller over O'Hara, at least in part, because they thought they would have this year to award her for The King and I (her participation in The King and I leaked very shortly after Bridges announced its closing).
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You