News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BrightEyedInNYC

BrightEyedInNYC Profile Photo
Member Name: BrightEyedInNYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Occupation: Working towards fulfilling my dreams of performing one day in the city that never sleeps
Profile: I am a bright-eyed, wanna go to new york to make my life and make my way, passionate musical theatre actress. can't wait to see how my life unfolds!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NYC BALLET WORKOUT DVD
 Aug 16 2006, 12:59:43 AM
I just got the NYC Ballet Workout today after having picked it up in barnes and nobles probably 10 times.
i just finished it and it was amazing! i'd love to hear of your experiences/results with the workout.
this is the first workout. how's the second one?

re: Singin' in the Rain
 Aug 13 2006, 04:09:05 PM
we didn't use milk. we just had an incredible lighting designer. and we did recycle the rain.
crying
 Aug 13 2006, 04:07:42 PM
Euripedes' "THE TROJAN WOMEN." i am not exaggerating when i say that there was not a dry eye in the house. many, many people, including me, were audibly sobbing during pretty much the entire 2 hour show. the most haunting, beautiful, heart-wrenching show i've ever seen in my life.
 Aug 13 2006, 02:55:30 PM
RENTHEAD- that's neat. broadway rhythm is as you said-cosmo imagining the sequence in simpson's office, but kathy's not in it i suppose because she is just dubbing for lina's voice in this film. their original plan was to not let lina know she was on the lot at all, so if she was in broadway rhythm, of course lina would have a much greater chance in finding out that kathy is in fact a large part of the film. so having kathy in it is a bit of a contradiction, but i like it because i got so tired
re: You're The One That We Want!
 Aug 13 2006, 02:15:04 AM
yeah, the touring show i saw a few years ago added "you're the one that i want." i did grease last summer and i actually love the song "all choked up" that was replaced by "one that i want" in the touring show. dude, don't change the script for travolta and newton!lol. i mean, i was a red-headed Sandy and people got over it.
re: Ashley Brown's story
 Aug 13 2006, 01:22:25 AM
that's better :)
and i'll be the first to admit that it will be a sad day when they create a lifetime story about her. lol.

Aug 13 2006, 01:16:13 AM
i just finished playing Kathy Selden in this show a week ago. it was incredible. and i was very surprised at how close it was to the movie with the addition of whats wrong with me and you stepped out of a dream (the latter which we cut because it is totally unmotivated and makes no sense where it is in the script). also, when kathy is behind the curtain in the end singing for lina, kathy is singing would you instead of singin in the rain (which does make sense. it always annoyed me in the movie
 Aug 12 2006, 03:03:50 AM
thanks! that makes sense. see? told ya i'm open minded :)
it's totally just that whole in the right place at the right time thing, ykno? i was just a little upset because they were saying that she didn't deserve the publicity she's getting, other people deserve more, etc. when it is not ashley's fault. they need to find a disney bashing thread.lol.

Aug 12 2006, 02:26:01 AM
tenthousandthings.

just a cuple of words. ashley was not sent to london for "intense vocal training." i know her personally. she grew up in my hometown and she actually came home this summer to her high school voice teacher to get this "intense vocal training" she supposedly needs. i believe she told me she was going to london to study dialect.
and Disney did not create her. she's always been a star. everyone has to start somewhere.
what's the artificial demand for Ashley? i don

re: HELP! last minute voice help!!!
 Aug 3 2006, 12:04:48 AM
i never leave for a performance or competition without my throat coat! it works wonders
re: Acting 'big' onstage
 Aug 2 2006, 11:58:56 PM
we shouldn't be thinking about our actions on the stage. i believe that's for rehearsal time so that it comes naturally in performance.
re: Songs That Could Pass For 'Non-Show Tunes'
 Aug 2 2006, 12:05:34 AM
check out lauren kennedy's songs of jason robert brown CD. it's very acoustic and what non-theatre people call "normal" music. my dad even listens to it. haha
re: I would...
 Jul 21 2006, 11:45:08 PM
i second "it might as well be spring" from state fair!
re: 'Somewhere in Time' Headed to the Stage
 Jul 16 2006, 05:58:41 PM
ggersten- you are absolutley right. what will make or break this musical is the music. i love the JRB idea.
re: 'Somewhere in Time' Headed to the Stage
 Jul 16 2006, 03:32:01 PM
oh, gosh, i want to be elise!!! haha. this is one of my favorite movies. i fall asleep to the soundtrack all the time. the book is beautiful as well.
re: Question for Les Mis fans
 Jul 16 2006, 03:16:28 PM
javert- you robbed a house

val jean- I BROKE A WINDOW PANE

re: Question for Les Mis fans
 Jul 16 2006, 03:16:27 PM
javert- you robbed a house

val jean- I BROKE A WINDOW PANE

re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
 Jul 16 2006, 03:13:48 PM
Side Show....i don't care if you think a show about siamese twins is stupid (i do). but i am in love with the duets.

i mean, they are just so beautiful, then some of the lyrics put this albulm into the guilty pleasures category- "we are freaks stuck together and we'll always be alone" "no one could love a siamese twin, nobody wants us, noone ever has, noone ever will". i mean, it's awful. i just start giggling. then it goes into a beautiful, soaring duet.

re: Patti fell last night?!
 Jul 8 2006, 01:20:56 AM
so glad all is ok. i saw it in may and those clunker shoes she wore scared me to death.

ashley brown (belle in B&B) was telling me that one night her foot got caught in a track on stage and she fell and SPRAINED it ON STAGE! and she finished the show! maybe it's like when i sprained my ankle a couple of days before a show. when i was off stage it hurt horribly, but when i stepped out on stage, it wouldn't hurt at all. i suppose it was because i was so in the moment and my character did

re: Scariest Moment in a Musical or Play
 Jun 4 2006, 03:42:56 PM
SWEENEY TODD REVIVAL. i was on the second row and several points during the show Tobias, Johanna, Sweeney, and Patti would just randomly stare at you. ahhh it was chilling.
and the very last door slamming. gee minelli

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You