Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#0Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 12:18am

Today at 1 pm.
Check it out and look for coverage on PBS.

iliketheater Profile Photo
iliketheater
#1re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 12:57am

*mistake* Updated On: 5/29/06 at 12:57 AM

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#2re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 12:59am

I can't find the Drama Desk awards on at any time the Drama Desk site says in my area(southern NJ). Can anyone help?

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#3re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 1:16am

I'm in Central Jersey, have Cablevision of Raritan Valley, and it's on channel 13 at 1 PM for me.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

mijofly19
#4re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 7:07am

Do they show the entire awards show, or just parts of it?

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#5re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:17am

I hear they edited some things out, such as some of Harvey's more controversial jokes.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

EganFan2
#6re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:47am

You in the NY area get all the cool stuff on TV. I'm lucky that they even show the Tonys here.

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#7re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 8:52am

Oh i'm going to miss it, I'll be at my grandpa's, maybe he will let watch it, I mean it is my birthday.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#8re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:03am

I HAVE NO CABLE/TV SERVICE!!!

my parents got rid of it.

so sad.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#9re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:07am

There are performances by:
The Jersey Boys
Grey Gardens
The Drowsy Chaperone
Jacques Brel
And more.
Hope you enjoy it. I think some of Harvey's remarks were edited but I have not seen the tape.

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#10re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:20am

What about the other boys coming on stage to get JLY off when his speech was running so long? Do you think that's still there?

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

jerseyboyslover
#11re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:27am

that really happened?

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#12re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:40am

Grrrr. So pissed that my local station up here in Albany doesn't seem to be carrying the awards.

And, yeah- they'd BETTER keep that in there. Twas adorable!

(jerseyboyslover- yup, that really happened. Right at the end of John's speech, the other three guys dashed on, grabbed him and carried him off... I was laughing so hard... then my feed pooped out. :-)

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

jerseyboyslover
#13re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:45am

it wasn't because his speech was to long, once he was done and was going to walk off the stage, the other 3 picked him up and carried him off the stage as a "Congratulations" we hoist you and salute you.

"Sorry for cutting and pasteing, you know who you are if you are reading this"

DreamFlyer22 Profile Photo
DreamFlyer22
#14re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:04am

Yeah. It wasn't related to speech-length. re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS) It entirely related to "We're so proud of you that we're gonna carry you off like the coach at the end of a winning football game!" (Though I'm sure they were also conscious of John being a SMIDGE long and figured it would be funny either way...)

*~* Every time you double-post, God kills a kitten. *~*

Kay, the Thread-Jacking Jedi
Quando omni flunkus moritati (When all else fails, play dead...)

"... chasin' the music. Trying to get home."

Peter Gregus: "Where are my house right ladies?!"
(love you, girls! - 6/13/06)

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#15re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:12am

Aww, that's sad that some of Harvey's jokes had to be edited. Still I look forward to seeing how it was edited together and from a different perspective.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#16re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:14am

I thought Harvey was a Meanie. I think it is good that they cut some of his "jokes". He was just so negative and MEAN. There is no room for making fun of people who are not as good as you are in the theatre. I can't believe people thought he was funny. He was just MEAN...

PEACE.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#17re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:32am

The show is in a 2-hour slot, and I think there was more than 2 hours of actual show, so it will be edited in some fashion. I wonder what they're going to do about the sound troubles -- hopefully the feed into the tape wasn't affected.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

WiiCKED x3
#18re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:33am

I agree on him making mean comments, but he's such a nice guy.

almostxfamous
#19re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:34am

I have Comcast in southern Jersey, and it's not on today at 1, or any of the days that the Drama Desk site has. Can anyone help me?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#20re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:39am

That's weird, almostfamous.

I am in Central/Southern NJ. I have Comcast Digital, and I'm getting it today. Channel 13, and 1.

almostxfamous
#21re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:41am

Channel 13 for me is Telemundo. So .. I don't think it would be on there, haha.

I'M SO CONFUSED. I got them last year, but this year is all screwed up.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#22re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:42am

That is so weird, lol. I wish I could help.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#23re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:46am

the actual show was almost 3 hours.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#24re: Drama Desk awards on 13 (PBS)
Posted: 5/29/06 at 11:49am

If they don't cut any performances, I am happy.

Videos