News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sillyism

Sillyism Profile Photo
Member Name: Sillyism
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shows you wished you had seen.
 Apr 16 2007, 07:10:40 PM
Hairspray. The tour came through here before I had been formally itroduced to musicals. Yes, I know, that wasn't too long ago, but thank god I know musicals now.

Im a HUGE fan of fun shows, it doesn't have to be all sad and dramatic for me. Wah.

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Mar 25 2007, 05:09:51 AM
1. I thought I liked Company, but realized that I was pretty much just saying that. I mean, I like most of the songs,and bought the soundtrack right away, but it wasn't very funny and I was bored.

2. I LOVE wicked. Ive seen it 3 times and would see it again in a heartbeat. I know some people secretly love wickedly, but won't admit it, or won't even see it because everyone says its just some jukebox musical. ( I could go on and on about those kind of people, but I will refrain.)

re: Your top 5 Broadway songs NOW
 Jan 25 2007, 02:48:07 AM
The Guilty Ones- Spring Awakening
Touch Me -Spring Awakening
Getting Married Today- Company
My New Philosophy- You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
The Wizard and I (Shoshana Bean-ified)- Wicked

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Oct 27 2006, 04:47:13 PM
Last year during our performance of Cinderella for an elementary school, somehow the Windows tune (ya know that little tune that plays when you turn on your computer) Came on through the speakers instead of the magical sound, right as the Fairy Godmother made her first entrance.

Oh good times.

re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
 Oct 27 2006, 04:40:55 PM
In Wicked, I LOVE in Defying Gravity when Elphaba and Glinda are singing together " I really hope you get it, and you don't live to regeret it." AH! It gives me chills.

I also chuckle when Rod is singing "My Girlfried, who lives in Canada" in Avenue Q when Rod goes "...And sucks like a hoover" and he does that little laugh. LOVE IT.

re: Favorite Elphaba/Glinda Pair
 Oct 27 2006, 04:16:54 PM
Megan Hilty and Shoshana Bean.

Holler at them.

re: Wicked- Melting Scene
 Oct 17 2006, 11:27:57 PM
mejusthavingfun- What you said about Elphabas silhouette during the opening song "No One Mourns the Wicked." I only noticed it the second time I saw it and got MAJOR chills. I *LOVE* that part. It's just so... Powerful, to me I guess. I don't know. AH! When I saw it a third time I practically ripped my friends arm off with excitment.
re: Most Emotionally Satisfying Showtunes?
 Oct 17 2006, 01:57:04 AM
For Good and Defying Gravity- Wicked
The Past is Another Land and Enchantment Passing Through (Reprise)-AIDA
A bit of Earth- Secret Garden
Astonishing- Little Women
Somewhere- West Side Story
Electricity- Billy Elliot
Say it Somwehow and Dividing Day- Light in the Piazza
On the Street where you live- My Fair Lady *swoon*

Those are a few that come to mind.

re: wicked tour
 Oct 16 2006, 01:20:36 AM
*Rocks back and forth in corner*

Idina will play Glinda...I know it. *Mumbles* Don't tell me otherwise...the rumors are true, I tell you... TRUE!

Ya know, I felt like some nerdy-star-trek-fan-gone-wicked-fan when saying that. IM WEIRD!

re: Musical Theatre Pet Peeves
 Oct 7 2006, 02:51:35 PM
I hate those poeple that have to be the last person to clap. I mean WTF. Is there some competition Im not aware of?

I also hate when people are like "Where has musical theater gone?" When talking about Wicked or some of the newer shows. I mean, I know everyone has their own opinions about it but come on, not all of us are old enough to know what theater "use" to be.

Obviously, I adore Wicked and am proud to say it...*Ducks possible flying objects*

re: Has anyone seen the Wicked tour with Shoshana and Megan?
 Sep 28 2006, 11:25:45 PM
I was lucky enough to see the show in New York and Seattle with both Megan and Shoshana, and I thought they were absolutely superb both times. I was so excited when I heared that Shoshana and Megan would be coming here to play the roles, and I was FAR from dissapointed.

Personally, I thought the riffs were okay. They didn't distract me from the tune of the song at all. And, Megan *Squeals* her voice was BEAUTIFUL and she had everyone laughing and clapping, as did Shoshana. Christopher

re: Aida Tour
 Sep 26 2006, 11:13:59 PM
Yeah, the ones on the main page are just models. In fact i think the Radames in the picture is Casey Elliot's u/s.

The girl playing Aida, Marja Harmon, Is actually in her 20's its sad that she looks so much older. Honestly, Im just glad they aren't changing the songs. I think that is one of the best parts of the show and its gotten good reviews thus far, so im not too worried about the production as a whole.

re: Movie Musical
 Sep 17 2006, 11:12:32 PM
The Sound of Music and The Phantom of the Opera.
I like most of them, but those are my favorites.

re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
 Sep 17 2006, 11:08:54 PM
Sherie just seems to be more into the role than Idina. It was OK, but I prefer Sherie.
re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals
 Sep 15 2006, 04:34:27 PM
Point of No Return- Pahntom of the Opera.
Oh shnnnaaapppzzz...

re: VOICE TEACHER
 Sep 15 2006, 04:25:47 PM
HAHA. Love. This. Board.
re: Ashlee Simpson Confirmed for Chicago (London); Already in Rehearsals
 Sep 13 2006, 02:43:21 PM
WTF.
I hope she pulls another SNL. Oh, if only I was in London to see that...

re: TARZAN had Clumsy swinging. {9-10-06 1pm show}
 Sep 13 2006, 12:40:25 AM
I have the CD and I can't get over the fact that the song "Different" is right before intermission. I mean is that true? Cause I've only heared that was the case.

I mean the song before intermission should usually be a big fun song, or REALLY meaningful, something the gets the crowd going. I just can't see that song as making me get chills.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want to be extremely anticipating the rest of the show just because of the pre-intermission song. Im

re: Cheesy Lines in Good Shows...
 Sep 13 2006, 12:28:09 AM
""Anyway, my vote goes to...well, anything in "Carousel," but especially the whole of "June Is Bustin' Out All Over.""

Oh God. Facepalm.

re: AIDA Tour. Opinions?
 Sep 8 2006, 03:37:25 AM
Bump.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You