Aida Tour

RunswithScissors
#0Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 4:42pm

http://www.theaidatour.com

The website now has begun to post photos and reviews!

Updated On: 9/26/06 at 04:42 PM

Here_I_Go_Again
#1re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 4:55pm

hmmm Very kool, i really like the changes they made, im glad they made it there own instead of redoing the former!!!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 4:58pm

Yikes.

I wish they would have made it their own while still making it aesthetically pleasing. It looks like one of those like... mummy hunting pyramid video games. I think it looks really tacky.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 9/26/06 at 04:58 PM

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#3re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 4:58pm

It looks better than I thought it would - I'm getting excited!

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#4re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 5:09pm

Wow that looks interesting. It's so different! But it's cool. I think they need to change Aida's hair. I hope I have time to see it when it comes to Cali.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#5re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 5:31pm

Radames is...wearing jeans.

Edit: Aida is wearing pants?

I'm lost. Updated On: 9/26/06 at 05:31 PM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#6re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 5:53pm

It looks great! Different, but great re: Aida Tour Can't wait to see this in November re: Aida Tour

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

timote316
#7re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 5:53pm

I kinda like the look of it. Kinda modern-ish.

#8re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 6:55pm

Why does Aida look 40 years old? I realize that the people sitting in the mezz won't even notice, but something just looks off.

Some of the photos look great, while others look blatantly tacky. At any rate, the reviews should be interesting.

luvtheEmcee
#9re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 7:00pm

Being that there were many complaints about historical inaccuracies in the Disney production, I can't even begin to imagine what's going to be said to that effect about this. Modernizing a (even loosely) historical piece is messy.

#10re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 7:05pm

I think the musical is already so far removed from any real history that modernizing it doesn't matter too much in that regard. It's like seeing someone who already looks like a general trainwreck and wears ridiculous outfits buy a horrifically ugly hat or, I don't know, get a really awful haircut. It's just the icing on the cake. What bothers me about the production - based on the pictures I've seen, anyway - is that it seems so tacky and unnecessary. WHY modernize the show? I can't imagine that it brings anything new to it.

Updated On: 9/26/06 at 07:05 PM

luvtheEmcee
#11re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 7:10pm

Well, look at the Strongest Suit picture, for instance, with the shoes and the beret and the jeans. It's a lot more bluntly updated than the Disney production, which was more stylized and abstract that just... modern. Disney made no qualms with ignoring historical aesthetics to a degree, but at least that production looked like it tried to honor them a little bit. And you're right, why modernize it? But for me, I'm asking because, well, um, it's ancient Egypt. You can't modernize that and still call it Ancient Egypt. I mean, people sure as hell didn't wear jeans, and the stuff I'm seeing here is an awful lot more anachronistic than the Disney stuff was.

Updated On: 9/26/06 at 07:10 PM

eatlasagna
#12re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 7:29pm

it's like the broadway revival of Jesus Christ Superstar... this is all very interesting... don't know if i hate it or like it... i need to watch it first to see what i truly think... not till March!

BJC899
#13re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 7:32pm

Between the website, the rollover images on the website, and the pictures, it looks like a High School Production.

re: Aida Tour

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#14re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 7:53pm

I just don't understand their motive to so blatantly disregard the fact that this takes place in ancient Egypt. I can understand trying to put a fresh spin on it...but...jeans?
Updated On: 9/26/06 at 07:53 PM

RentBoy86
#15re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 7:58pm

Man, I'm kind of excited about this. I can't make it to Anniston though. Maybe I'll treck over to Macon, GA.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#16re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 8:01pm

Yikes...jeans?? Why is Aida wearing pants? Whoever said it looks reminscent of that horror show known as the JCS revival is right on the money.

"Why does Aida look 40 years old? I realize that the people sitting in the mezz won't even notice, but something just looks off"

This bothered me with the Broadway production too. Simone was about 40 when she played the role. And you're right...it looks strange.

xbRadxx Profile Photo
xbRadxx
#17re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 8:27pm

That looks like a bad high school production. Why would anyone change it? It was awesome the way it was.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#18re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 9:14pm

I'm confused. On the homepage, Radames and Aids look different then they do in the pictures...huh?

Also, this looks like "Aida goes to Brooklyn"

RunswithScissors
#19re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 9:42pm

Any comments from anyone who has ACTUALLY seen this production?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#20re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 10:03pm

Yeah...the Aida on the main page has braids, and the Radames has different color hair and a different face.

Anyone know what the deal is?

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#21re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 10:53pm

They were probably just models.

Sillyism Profile Photo
Sillyism
#22re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/26/06 at 11:13pm

Yeah, the ones on the main page are just models. In fact i think the Radames in the picture is Casey Elliot's u/s.

The girl playing Aida, Marja Harmon, Is actually in her 20's its sad that she looks so much older. Honestly, Im just glad they aren't changing the songs. I think that is one of the best parts of the show and its gotten good reviews thus far, so im not too worried about the production as a whole.

Kay: You might want to be careful about wearing that. Steven doesn't like things that are quite so obvious. Crystal: When Steven doesn't like what I wear, I take it off! -The Opposite Sex

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#23re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/27/06 at 1:09am

I am REALLY like the look of this from a design standpoint.

Akiva

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#24re: Aida Tour
Posted: 9/27/06 at 2:20am

Well, I don't have anything nice to say so I won't say anything.

Videos