mrs felciano
#1re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 1:20pm

I like Idina but I thought her version of "My Strongest Suit" was horrible. I don't know why. I just prefer Sherie I guess!
Updated On: 9/17/06 at 01:20 PM

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#2re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 1:21pm

Lisa Brescia's "My Strongest Suit" was the best, IMO.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 1:35pm

MAKE THEM STOP!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

SDav 10495 Profile Photo
SDav 10495
#5re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 2:51pm

Thanks for the link. I thought it was okay, definitely better than other clips I've heard of her Amneris. The difference between her voice and Sherie's, though...wow. A little jarring at first, when she's speaking.

"If there is going to be a restoration fee, there should also be a Renaissance fee, a Middle Ages fee and a Dark Ages fee. Someone must have men in the back room making up names, euphemisms for profit." (Emanuel Azenberg)

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#6re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:05pm

Amazing?

More like obnoxious...

munkustrap178
#7re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:11pm

Totally and utterly obnoxious.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

kootness Profile Photo
kootness
#8re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:14pm

I agree that Idina is talented but I MUCH prefer Sherie's voice for this song.

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#10re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:18pm

I am a fan of Idina, but not in Aida.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

ActingAndy
#11re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:21pm

i dont like idina's voice w/ the song either... sherie's is pretty good.. but i saw lisa brescia at the muny this summer.. and wow! i like her strongest suit the best

ashley0139
#12re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:23pm

I have heard both Sherie and Idina sing it, and I really do prefer her voice!

You didn't really specify which "her" you were talking about, though I assume you mean Idina.

And before many come in throwing daggers, let me politely inform you that a cast recording is not a soundtrack. It is a cast recording.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#13re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:25pm

I don't like Idina as Amneris and I heard her first. It dosn't suit her voice. No pun intended.
Updated On: 9/17/06 at 03:25 PM

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#14re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:25pm

Scroll to the very bottom--the interesting clip is Idina singing "For Good" with Trisha Yearwood.

BrunetteBombshell
#15re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:41pm

I don't really like her version. I'll stick with Sherie's.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#16re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:48pm

Ahhhh, it should be illegal to be this talented!!!!

Yeah! We should like, totally put her away so she stops singing so good...

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#17re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 3:57pm

Amneris is/will always be one of my favorite characters. Sherie Rene Scott and Idina Menzel will always be two of my favorite performers. I am thankful I got to see and hear both these lovely, talented ladies perform the role...

That said... Although Idina is good, Sherie *IS* Amneris.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

ComaBaby01 Profile Photo
ComaBaby01
#18re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 4:09pm

blaxx, bravo (if you were being sarcastic, that is).

personally i don't need sarcasm. i don't like her voice and wouldn't mind not hearing it for a while. <- understatement.

"Love all; Trust a few; Do wrong to none." --William Shakespeare

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#19re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 4:13pm

I loved Idina's Amneris, though not as much as Sherie's. I actually deplored Lisa Brescia's performance in Aida, but I found her to be utterly mesmerizing and incredible in The Woman in White, when I saw her go on for Maria Freidman. I also strongly disliked Felicia Finley's Amneris because she had absolutely NO comedic timing in this role AT ALL. So many jokes were lost...

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#20re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 4:57pm

Why must people go out of their way to be rude about Idina? Okay, you don't like her. But this thread was meant to be positive, not another bashing Idina thread.

COOOOLkid
#21re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:22pm

We can't be negative? We have to stick with the original poster's view when commenting back on this thread?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

SweetQintheLights
#22re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:35pm

This thread is making me nauseous

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

jimnysf
#23re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:49pm

Idina who?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

munkustrap178
#24re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:51pm

Why is it that whenever she speaks on stage (with the exception of SEE WHAT I WANNA SEE), she slurs her words and sounds drunk?

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#25re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:52pm

I'm just saying that I don't think this post was asking for negative opinions. I mean, there's nothing wrong with sharing them, but it's more the fact that every negative Idina thing turns into a huge bash-fest. I guess that's what bothers me the most. You don't have to like her, but why bash?

SweetQintheLights
#26re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:54pm

"Why is it that whenever she speaks on stage (with the exception of SEE WHAT I WANNA SEE), she slurs her words and sounds drunk?"

Because she is...?

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

jimnysf
#27re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
Posted: 9/17/06 at 5:54pm

What's an Idina?

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Videos