News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Starlight2

Starlight2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Starlight2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Richardson's organs donated
 Mar 26 2009, 01:15:51 PM
CurtainPullDowner (and all others who may be interested)...I saw you asked for a link in an earlier post....here's a link if you would like to become an organ or tissue donor.

http://www.organdonor.gov/

My thoughts and prayers are with Natasha's family members and friends during this difficult time.

re: just got a plane ticket
 Nov 20 2007, 05:27:44 AM
I forgot about Mary Poppins....also a good show! There's some really great dancing in it. Central Park is wonderful!

starlight 2...about my name....when I signed up I didn't know that someone had this name. (I originally signed up as just "Starlight"...I thought that BWW would say someone already had that username and make me choose another one if it was already in use, but I was just automatically assigned a "2" after the name.) I just recently found out that you had that name al

re: just got a plane ticket
 Nov 18 2007, 04:41:56 AM
starlight2...nice name! :)

I'm not sure about places to stay, but I've seen Xanadu and it's a fun show!!

Have a great time in NYC!!

re: Big day for 9 to 5 musical!
 Jun 29 2007, 03:51:23 AM
lic11101....Thank you so much for the info.

Sounds like it'll be a great show!

re: pirate queen
 Mar 26 2007, 06:18:44 AM
In answer to jasonf's question...

I saw PQ in New York a few weeks ago...I was drawn into the story emotionally....and it seemed that the other audience members were also drawn in judging by the cheers and the mid-scene applause for what was happening on stage. I cared about the characters.....I was drawn into the love story between Grace and Tiernan. I experienced many different emotions while I watched the show...anger, happiness, sadness, hope, and anticipation among others. I lau

re: Riedel's article
 Mar 23 2007, 03:39:39 PM
I find the title of the article rather misleading. The conclusion that the writer came to is that this isn't the same show that people saw in Chicago....that we will have to wait and see what the critics say about it in New York. Unfortunately, some people will only read the title of this article as they browse through the newspaper and form an opinion about the show without even reading what the article has to say. I wish that the writer of the article had chosen a title that better reflec
re: PQ Review
 Mar 15 2007, 04:17:20 PM
I really enjoyed "The Woman That I Am", but I think "Woman" is amazing as well! Stephanie brings so much energy and emotion to both songs.

Tech...I agree about "Woman" being a powerful song. So glad they've included it in the show!

Count me among those who think this show will do well!

Who's watching...
 Mar 12 2007, 08:34:13 PM
I would SO love to see this! Tech....I'm also hoping that it will be shown on other PBS affiliates or become available on DVD.

And, yes, wonderful of Stephanie and Hadley to work on their days off!

Still more PQ thoughts
 Mar 12 2007, 08:14:23 PM
Regarding audience response....additional lighter moments have been added since Chicago and the audiences in NY laughed at various times throughout the show at lines that were humorous. The audience also applauded several times in the middle of scenes for lines that were said or for certain actions of the characters. Collective sounds of agreement were heard for a particular line that truly hit the mark stating the lack of integrity of a certain character. The show in NY has been able to emot
Still more PQ thoughts
 Mar 12 2007, 05:11:36 PM
"I really love this show and judging from the audience I saw it with, it's going to be around for a long time."

I totally agree with you, BwayDreams. I saw the show two times in NY and the audience response to both shows was wonderful. It was apparent that people were emotionally engaged and connected to the action on stage. I loved the show....and judging from audience reaction, it seemed that those in the theatre with me loved it as well!

re: Stephanie J. Block IS The Pirate Queen!
 Mar 12 2007, 06:59:25 AM
Phantom...thanks for posting! I also enjoyed seeing the show!! I agree with you about the fact that Stephanie IS the Pirate Queen. She's such a talented actress and singer....she has the ability to BE whatever character she is playing. I think the whole cast in this is fantastic! Really looking forward to seeing the show again in April!
'I find your lack of faith disturbing'
 Mar 11 2007, 08:32:21 AM
I saw The Pirate Queen in Chicago and in NYC. There have been many changes and improvements in the show since Chicago. I agree with Stephanie....now it is telling a beautiful story. The whole show flows so nicely...it is easier to follow....you care about the characters more....you are drawn into the love story between Grace and Tiernan right away....more lighter moments have been added to the show...it all makes for a very enjoyable evening at the theatre. The singing is amazing!! Stephanie
PQ DISCUSSION THREAD
 Feb 18 2007, 06:05:01 AM
I saw the show in Chicago. I loved much of it....I thought some things needed to be changed. That appears to be what has happened. Some of the lyrics have been changed, more dancing has been added, some scenes have been reworked....it sounds to me as if they are headed in the right direction. And the cast....I can't say enough good things about the people in this cast! So talented! The singing was wonderful when I saw it in Chicago....Stephanie J. Block, Hadley Fraser...the whole cast...
re: Pirate Queen - who has tickets?
 Jan 15 2007, 05:29:42 AM
I saw this show in Chicago and was so impressed with the cast. Stephanie J. Block, Hadley Fraser.....both are wonderful! And when the whole cast sang together, it was amazing....best I've ever heard a cast sound. I have tickets for April and will, hopefully, also be heading to NY sometime in the summer. I'm looking forward to seeing it again!

Read the book
 Nov 6 2006, 08:10:46 PM
Thanks for your comments, Sueleen. About rewriting the show in two months....I guess that's where I may differ from you in your thoughts about the show. I don't believe the whole show needs to be rewritten. I only believe a few things could be a little better clarified. The show began in Chicago in early Oct. and, as I understand it, changes were made often...even daily...as is normal during previews. That was only a month's worth of changes and from what I've heard from others who had a ch
Read the book
 Nov 6 2006, 03:28:36 PM
I haven't had a chance to read this board for a while, but I'd like to comment now that I've had read what others have written....I think the thing to keep in mind is that this time in Chicago is for previews....it's for looking at the show and getting input from others about what's working and what's not....which is exactly what's taking place. The creatives are listening to what the audience and critics are saying and they are making the appropriate changes. (Actually, even before outside in
re: NEW! 'CASTCOM' at the official THE PIRATE QUEEN website
 Aug 31 2006, 02:40:36 AM
Popular....I agree with you about Linda Balgord. I think she sounds great!!

Also...Hadley and Marcus... : D So happy to have them in the show!!
Stephanie...wonderful....as usual!!! Can't wait to hear all the songs she'll be singing!!!

And I love the chemistry between the cast members. I think the comfortable relationship they have with one another will shine through as they perform on stage and make this a great show to watch. And, of course, there's always the

re: NEW! 'CASTCOM' at the official THE PIRATE QUEEN website
 Aug 30 2006, 03:32:19 AM
SOOO excited to get a look at this!!

It's going to be a WONDERFUL show!!

re: New Pirate Queen article (with Photo)
 Jul 8 2006, 03:27:45 AM
The Pirate Queen will be at the Cadillac Palace Theatre in Chicago from Oct. 3 - Nov. 26. As far as I know it's scheduled to go to Broadway in early 2007...I'm not sure of the exact date. Like you, I've heard that it's going to be at the Hilton. Hope that helps!
re: Funny Girl
 May 18 2006, 04:03:59 AM
Popular--your comment was too funny!!

I agree...

An Italian Jesus lover would be PERFECT to play Fanny!!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You