News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for peacelovemagic1

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
Member Name: peacelovemagic1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 7 2023, 11:13:33 PM

Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET
 Jun 15 2017, 10:48:30 AM

They're not bumping a cast member, Ingrid Michaelson is filling in while Brittain Ashford is away from Great Comet, which had been announced awhile ago. 

Rank the Tony performances
 Jun 12 2017, 12:45:52 AM

1) The Great Comet 

2) Dear Evan Hansen  

3) Falsettos 

4) Come From Away 

5) Bandstand 

6) Miss Saigon 

7) Groundhog Day 

8 ) War Paint 

9) Hello, Dolly 

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Reviews
 Apr 25 2017, 06:06:46 PM

It seems as though they are doing this for all all of their pull quotes. Another one they use on their website says "The Oompa-Loompas are real showstopping attractions!"-Entertainment Weekly, when the real quote from EW was "the only other real showstopping attraction is the Oompa Loompas"

They also are using an NPR quote that I have been unable to find. The quote is "A marvelous show for everyone! YOU'RE GUARANTEED TO HAVE A BALL!" - NPR

March NYC Trip - Show Suggestions?!
 Feb 14 2017, 11:56:26 PM

Personally I think Great Comet is an absolute must see, but this is how I would rank your whole list: 

1. Great Comet 
  2. Come From Away 
  3. Significant Other 
  4. Sunset Boulevard
  5. School Of Rock
  6. Miss Saigon
  7. The Price
  8. The Present
  9. Sweat
  10. In Transit  

Great Comet Rush
 Jan 14 2017, 02:37:18 AM

I did rush for the Friday night show! My friend and I got in line around 6:40 and were the second and third people in line. Next set of people showed up around 7, and it was a steady flow of people queuing up after that. When I got coffee around 8, the line was already over 15 people. Our rush seats were E 18 and 20 in the orchestra, which were wonderful! Super close to all the action, and didn't feel like we missed anything except a few moments on the staircases/in the mezz. 

Tony predictions -- will and should win
 Jun 7 2016, 11:38:26 AM

Best Play

Eclipsed (SHOULD WIN)
The Father
The Humans (WILL WIN)
King Charles III 

Best Musical

Bright Star
Hamilton (WILL/SHOULD WIN)
School of Rock-The Musical
Shuffle Along, Or the Making of the Musical Sensation of 1921 and All That Followed
Waitress

Best Revival of a Play

Arthur Miller's The Crucible 
Arthur Miller's A

Watching the Tonys in Times Square/other options
 Jun 5 2016, 12:14:10 PM

Oh no! I was really looking forward to this, it was a good time last year. The Tonys seem not to be doing as much promotion this year as they have the past few years, the pop-up shop was also gotten rid of this year. Has anyone heard if they're doing a ticket lottery for this year?

Top 5 Shows on Broadway right now
 May 6 2016, 10:00:50 PM

1. Hamilton 

2. Fun Home 

3. Waitress 

4. Curious Incident

5. Book of Mormon tied with Color Purple 

(Wicked and Matilda are my runner ups!) 

Favorite Song From The 2015-2016 Season
 Apr 18 2016, 03:12:10 PM

Satisfied, The Schuyler Sisters, and Wait For It from Hamilton. From the Non-Hamilton shows, She Used to Be Mine from Waitress and Beautiful from Invisible Thread. Also a special mention to Touch Me from Deaf West Spring Awakening and I'm Here from The Color Purple. Although they're not new to this season, the revivals both elevated those songs to new heights. 

TUCK EVERLASTING Previews
 Apr 13 2016, 02:24:24 PM

I also saw the show last night, and I really loved it. I cried for most of the ballet at the end, as did many of the people around me. My biggest criticism was that I still found the dance/ general ensemble overpowering at times, especially during things like Top of The World and Good Girl Winnie Foster. At times the dancing was loud enough to make it hard to hear the lyrics of the songs, which was a bit frustrating. I think they need to trust in the power of their beautiful set and tale

Color Purple Rush?
 Mar 18 2016, 11:52:04 AM

I did rush last weekend for the Saturday show. Got to the rush line by 8, and would guess at least 20-25 people ahead of us. When we got to the box office window they told us they were sold out for the evening, but we were able to get rush for the matinee! It helps to be flexible with your show time, if you're rushing on a double show day. 

SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices)
 Feb 4 2016, 10:36:10 AM

I'm SO EXCITED for this show. I got to attend a preview event that was held where George C. Wolfe and Savion Glover talked about the show, and Billy Porter, Brian Stokes Mitchell, Brandon Victor Dixon, Joshua Henry, and Adrienne Warren performed, along with a bunch of the dance ensemble. All three of the performances were incredible, especially a new number that is staged as a tap battle

Rank the Best to Worst Shows You've Seen in 2015
 Dec 20 2015, 09:47:04 AM

Favorites: Hamilton, Fun Home, Spring Awakening, Curious Incident, The King and I, Invisible Thread, The Heidi Chronicles, The Audience, Shows for Days

Enjoyed: An American In Paris, Something Rotten, A View From The Bridge, Brooklynite, The Visit 

Not my cup of tea: Hand to God,It Shoulda Been You, Gigi, Dada Woof Papa Hot 

Invisible Thread Second Stage
 Dec 2 2015, 08:10:05 PM

Sorry double post! 

Invisible Thread Second Stage
 Dec 2 2015, 08:10:05 PM

Was able to see this show on Sunday and was simply blown away. For me this ranked up with shows like Fun Home, and Spring Awakening Deaf West, for being able to combine education and reality into a beautiful show. The music was super catchy and the choreography was simply sublime. I cried a few times in both acts, especially at the end. I was able to see Griffin and I'm glad, because I think he brings so much heart to the show and really grounds it in being his story. The show has some st

Spring Awakening student tickets Help
 Oct 5 2015, 12:05:51 AM

It was really disappointing to find out, especially since I was prepared to pay the $60. But asking people to pay double what a lotto ticket is really defeats the point of "lottery loser" tickets. Might as well just tell people to go into box office and pay full price. Also for people who are curious, it was $75 today at TKTS. This is unrelated, but I'm surprised at how few tickets they've been putting into lottery. They always seem to have around 21-24, which seems pretty s

Spring Awakening student tickets Help
 Oct 4 2015, 11:07:01 PM

The price has been bumped up, I was there today and that was the loser lotto price. I think it changed after opening. 

Please Help to Choose Show
 Oct 4 2015, 03:09:31 PM

I'll throw another vote in for Spring Awakening, especially since it's a limited run! 

Your favorite musical theatre song most people may not be familiar with
 Oct 4 2015, 03:08:45 PM

Role of a Lifetime from Bare and Just Ask Flowers from Here Lies Love

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You