News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CHOOKA2

CHOOKA2 Profile Photo
Member Name: CHOOKA2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Cringerables  Jan 22 2013, 12:57:54 AM
The most joyous flash-mob was the Russian Puttin' on the Ritz.
From the best news ever department: Wes Anderson wants Angela Lansbury for his next movie  Jan 17 2013, 04:50:31 AM
I know you shouldn't tamper with perfection--but would Harold and Maud fit in there somewhere for Ms Lansbury?
Just saying,and ever thought of with music?

Sacha Baron Cohen's Thenardier: An Observation  Jan 16 2013, 05:18:49 PM
I missed the show stopping aspect of Master of the House that it did every night on stage.99% of people seeing this movie and knowing the score look forward to this one piece of brightness amongst all that gloom.If that fvvving camera had just stayed still and filmed a good old knees-up bar-room hoedown,then it just MIGHT have worked-even with those 2.
Eliza Doolittle vs. Mary Poppins, who wins?  Jan 16 2013, 12:27:20 AM
She is SO pretty,so photogenic and sings like a dream,and an actress to boot-Julie has/had it all.
Tell me about CINDERELLA  Jan 15 2013, 04:50:14 PM
As long as Cinderella doesn't say--'awesome !'
Into the Woods Movie Cast  Jan 14 2013, 05:36:37 PM
Neither did Hugh/Russell/Amanda and even Ann to my ears, have the voices for those roles--but they got them anyway.
Casting without Considering Appearance  Jan 13 2013, 10:01:07 PM
I recently saw an all Thai version of Miss Saigon.Kim and the Engineer[who played it as a camp fool-not funy to me but the Thai audience thought he was] looked ethnically 'right', but there was no contrast between 'the look' of the other principals--it seemed all terribly bland.I suppose Ellen[?] could have been Thai/Vietnamese in the original but feel you need an all Americian white face somethere in the mix to make it seem believeable--at least to my white eyes.Phantom is next-so wonder what
What is the most underrated musical of all time  Jan 11 2013, 04:58:24 AM
Robert and Elizabeth--a glorious score.
Did it ever find an American audience? Very popular in England and Australia.

Smash -- Series Discussion  Jan 8 2013, 02:10:36 AM
Please--can Rosie O'Donnell just disappear--forever.
Prisoner 24601  Jan 7 2013, 10:36:24 PM
I have absolutely no idea what you have posted 'wickedrocks'or what that means--troll??
I should have realised that that was the number written in the book and not changed specifically so it was an easier number to sing.
I thank those that gave a supportive response.

Prisoner 24601  Jan 7 2013, 06:02:15 PM
I'm not a singer,so was wondering about the number 24601--is ONE the easiest number to sing those high notes-and is that why it was chosen? and if so,what would be the hardest number to sing?
Is there a complete soundtrack to Les Miserables?  Jan 7 2013, 05:13:05 PM
God I hope not--watching most of them sing was bad enough--without the visuals to distract you--not good.
Les Miz sing along version?  Jan 7 2013, 02:24:48 AM
Never been to one of those--never want to.Do they shut off the movie person singing or do you actually 'sing along' with them with a bouncing ball?
What a disaster this would be with Les Miz-a theatre full of Susan Boyles--who started this idea?

Question about  Jan 7 2013, 12:27:40 AM
Listen to the soundtrack CD without the visuals[of Hugh/Russell/Ann and Amanda ]--you won't be able to as the visuals-whatever you thought of them,sidetracked you from how they all REALLY sound-not pretty.
re: Anthony Warlow - Bring him home  Jan 6 2013, 07:05:43 PM
It's a shame his glorious voice isn't in a better vehicle than Annie--but at least it got him to Broadway and there should be concerts etc.to gain him more recognition before '????' starring Anthony Warlow.
If you get the chance--watch more of that concert with Anthony/John Farnham and Olivia Newton-John.

He Dreamed a Dream  Jan 6 2013, 04:41:21 AM
He needs a very strong manager/producer to stop him making a lot of foolish musical choices--What kind of fool am I-blew me away.Looked at some of his other songs-too many vocal gimmicks at the moment -even Cleo Laine didn't show off that much.But such a cutie-just wonder where a voice like that will end up.
Question about  Jan 6 2013, 12:47:35 AM
Adding to 'wicked fanatic'--Hugh Jackman was also in Beauty and the Beast and Sunset Bldve in Australia

Samantha Barks as Elphaba?  Jan 5 2013, 03:44:17 PM
I agree 'little_sally'--I think 99.9% of people going to see Wicked don't care who is in it-they just want to see the show.
Brilliant Missed Casting Opportunities  Jan 5 2013, 05:29:29 AM
I know not a missed opportunity, but Patti could and should play Mamma Morton-would keep Chicago going another 10 years.
Question about  Jan 3 2013, 06:55:35 PM
Lullaby to pi has words-even though not english, so would consider that a song.You can do whatever you want to it-meditate,do yoga,have sex or just sway in the midnight breeze-up to you--me--I just drool to the sheer enchanting beauty of it--I'm out the door to buy the CD.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You