News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gloryday225

Gloryday225 Profile Photo
Member Name: Gloryday225
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

TONYS Announce Eligibility for RED, Sondheim, Enron, Tenor, Idiot, Fences &
 May 1 2010, 04:44:44 AM
I love Memphis, I really do. That show has a special place in my heart. But if it's nominated for (or wins, although I don't see that happening) for best book, I will truly be baffled. Just... no. If anything, I think the show deserves best choreography, and I think Chad Kimball absolutely deserves a nom for best actor. I'm going to be really annoyed if John Gallagher beats him out for essentially being angsty for 1.5 hours.
re: Songs That Sound Suspiciously Similar
 Nov 30 2009, 03:22:50 AM
"Love Will Stand When All Else Falls" from Memphis and "Hot Toxic Love" from Toxic Avenger sound completely identical at times. Both are David Bryan and Joe DiPietro, but this is actually ridiculous.

re: MEMPHIS - Seating Help
 Nov 18 2009, 02:08:25 PM
I'm hoping someone can help me out- I saw Memphis with my friend last Sunday (we've been to the show before). The other times we've rushed we've gotten front row no problem, but this time we arrived at 12:30 (a half hour after the box office opens) and got the last row of the mezz. If anyone has rushed since Sunday, or plans on it, could you let me know if they've changed the rush policy to the mezz instead of front row? I hope not, I really enjoy sitting there.
re: Lolita, My Love
 Nov 9 2009, 02:04:54 PM
Bumping this thread to request that someone kindly points me in the right direction of the studio/demo recording of this show? I'm doing a big presentation on it in my college seminar (which happens to be Lolita and American Culture) and I would greatly appreciate having this recording. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who helps me out.
re: Broadway Fetishes
 Sep 28 2008, 10:02:34 PM
Unexpected and FIERCE riffing that isn't written in the music (I'm not talking Shoshana Bean style here...)

Cello solos.

re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
 Sep 10 2008, 03:25:05 PM
It's probably not a good sign that I had to go back 6 pages to find this thread, but:

I asked if anyone was interested in a Sept. 6 ticket a while back- no one answered, but because of the storm Signature let me exchange my ticket for a later date. SO- if anyone is interested in a ticket for Sept. 28 at 8pm (the final performance) please PM me. And if you hear of anyone who would like to see the show, direct them to me! Slightly deperate over here in case you didn't notice.

Th

re: The Official Ace Musical Thread
 Aug 29 2008, 06:01:07 PM
I'm selling an Ace ticket for Sept. 6 at 2pm, row B off to the side (but only a little bit). I'm DESPERATE- I bought it for $69 but I'll negotiate a lower price if anyone's interested because I really just need to get rid of it and gain some sort of profit in return. I was so excited to see the show but I can't go anymore, and I'd rather not be out $70 AND not be able to see the show. This is just depressing. So please, if anyone's interested, PM me. And for those living outside of DC- USE MEGAB
re: Who Needs to be Back on Broadway?
 Mar 12 2008, 01:50:10 PM
Emily Skinner
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Audra McDonald
Sara Ramirez
Lillias White
Billy Porter

re: Eleven O'clock numbers
 Mar 12 2008, 01:41:09 PM
This Nearly Was Mine- South Pacific

I actually got that from Brian Stokes Mitchell; I went to a concert of his in February and that was how he introduced the song. Beautiful.

re: Next to Normal - Next to Good
 Mar 10 2008, 08:10:47 PM
Jenn has a GORGEOUS voice, but I agree about some of her line deliveries. Sometimes I'm very impressed with her and other times I find her to be a little repetitive and angry. One of the times I like her is when she's backstage at her concert waiting for her parents to come and she turns her back to Henry and puts her face in her hands, and when she turns back around and belts "SHE'S NOT THEEEERE" you can see she's crying and completely disheveled looking. It's very effective.

To thos

re: Once on This Island vs. Side Show (March Madness, Round 1, game 8)
 Mar 4 2008, 10:10:30 PM
Side Show.
re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??
 Feb 21 2008, 07:45:20 PM
Brian Stokes Mitchell- omg what a sweetie, I met him at the flea market and he ended up having a conversation with me about what I wanted to major in in college and what I wanted to do after college... so sweet, ahaha!

Someone mentioned her sarcastically earlier in the thread, but...

Charlotte D'Amboise- I personally had a great experience with her. It was raining and I looked like a wet rat and she came out and signed for everyone and goes "oh, your hair looks so nice! You're

re: JERRY SPRINGER the OPERA Tuesday Night.
 Jan 30 2008, 07:54:53 PM
Hey guys (and for everyone who goes tonight as well)... can I be annoying and ask you to elaborate on Emily's performance? I wanted to go solely to see her, but it didn't work out, and I'm really curious. I'd love details :) Thanks
Jerry Springer the Opera
 Jan 28 2008, 01:37:59 PM
I searched for a thread like this and didn't find one, sorry if I'm missing something...

Is anyone going to this tomorrow/Wednesday? I figured this could be a thread for everyone's reviews of the show. I regret not being able to go, but I'd love to hear what everyone thinks!

re: Ursula - What If?
 Jan 18 2008, 09:50:13 PM
Now, see, I heard that once again she was booted from On the Record because of her weight. I don't know the truth to any of these rumors, but I wouldn't be surprised. What kills me is that I read an absolute RAVE review of her in On the Record, they were completely enchanted by her. So what the hell happened? Ugh.
 Jan 17 2008, 04:26:25 PM
From what I've heard (and I hope I'm wrong), apparently Emily wasn't chosen because of her weight? Which absolutely pisses me off, because she would have totally blown that role out of the water (EW no pun intended). She'd work if they wanted Ursula to be more voluptuous, and she'd also work if they wanted a sexier Ursula, because... hi, she's totally hot.

Jan 14 2008, 03:34:38 AM
Emily Skinner Emily Skinner Emily Skinner.

Still kind of bitter she didn't get it.

Hilarious Comments...
 Jan 20 2007, 12:02:12 PM
First, these are all great. Second... I know you didn't mean to, but the person who posted the moment about Spring Awakening just gave away a huge spoiler that I wasn't aware of. You might want to be more careful about that.
re: Grinch casting
 Sep 14 2006, 11:35:10 PM
Sweet, Eamon Foley's brother goes to my school! I didn't expect to see his name pop up, he's a cute kid.
re: Classics that leave you cold
 Jul 26 2006, 09:50:17 PM
Oklahoma!
CATS
CATS
CATS

... sorry.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You