News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lucyjessie

lucyjessie Profile Photo
Member Name: lucyjessie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Audra McDonald to Offer Concerts Throughout U.S.
 Apr 8 2008, 12:52:31 PM
She was supposed to be in Boston on May 16, but she just cancelled (due to requirement to be in LA for Private Practice). I don't know why she would have to cancel just one concert, but I'm upset it had to be the one I had tickets for!
re: If you could have been there in the past, what performers/performances would you like to have seen?
 Aug 9 2006, 10:02:14 PM
Gregory Hines in Jelly's Last Jam
Chita in Kiss of the Spider Woman

re: Dangerous Drought of Dashing Men on Broadway
 Aug 3 2006, 09:48:21 PM
"I'm sure both Manoel and Michael love the attention. Why, I bet they've already heard about what's been said in this thread and are giggling... Michael is smirking and rubbing his chin."

I don't know, Moxie--you did say he had a touch of man-boobs...he's probably crying in a corner now

re: Doubt Tour Dates??
 Aug 3 2006, 09:39:57 PM
They are in Chicago for only three weeks in January, so maybe Feb?
re: Performers that make a show
 Jul 24 2006, 06:35:05 PM
Hugh Jackman in Boy from Oz
re: Michael Cerveris 100% Attendance
 Jul 23 2006, 10:21:28 PM
What makes it even more impressive is that he seems to always be doing a benefit orperformance on Mondays, instead of taking his one day off.
re: Audra's New Album!
 Jul 18 2006, 09:54:00 PM
She sang several of these songs at her Harvard concert, and they were great--especially "Think it's Gonna Rain Today"! But then again, she could sing "Walk Like an Eygyptian" and make it sound amazing! :)
re: 2001 SOUTH PACIFIC TV Movie w/ Glenn Close - Brilliant!
 Jul 17 2006, 11:05:37 AM
hush puppy, i completely agree (and now i feel very old...)
re: Shining City rush??
 Jul 15 2006, 03:32:21 PM
wait, now i'm confused! do you mean platt kept changing his accent (since martha plimpton, well, she's not a he...).

didn't brian have/do a bronx accent in doubt? i didn't have a chance to see him in it, but i thought that's what i had heard?

off the accent topic, has anyone heard any more casting news for the doubt tour (besides cherry)?

Jul 15 2006, 08:42:30 AM
Glad you like it overall. But you do realize Brian O'Byrne is from Ireland, right?
 Jul 14 2006, 12:33:53 PM
I thought it was brilliant, too. Yes, it's talky, but I liked the naturalistic dialogue--although I can understand why other people might not. I think the shock of the ending is over-rated though.

mabel--love your avatar!

The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
 Jul 12 2006, 09:11:20 PM
everythingtaboo, don't worry--she offered them to me to when I was in the same place. I didn't realize she was offering them to me for a few seconds--looking elsewhere--and then I just smiled back.
re: Coast of Utopia Casting...
 Jul 12 2006, 09:00:37 PM
I agree--it could either be really great to see all three parts so close together, or they could be completely exhausted by the end of it.
re: Michael Cerveris Appreciation Thread
 Jul 7 2006, 10:18:00 PM
moxie, sorry to say he's only about 5'9.

you might be interested in this thread

http://broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=884915&boardname=bway

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You