News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hairspraylover

hairspraylover Profile Photo
Member Name: hairspraylover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Shaiman, Wittman, and Waters to write HAIRSPRAY film sequel
 Jul 24 2008, 11:55:37 AM
Why why why! It ended on a good note. just leave it alone. I'm going into suclusion. Come get me when the world makes sense again.
re: Including Non-Nominated Musical Performances: Yay or Nay?
 Jun 16 2008, 12:33:46 PM
Yay. But pick the right performances. Faith Prince made me wanna tear my eyes out and stab q-tips in my ears. but i fully enjoyed sierra and megan.
re: Best/Worst Performance at the Tony's?
 Jun 16 2008, 09:13:37 AM
Best: Gypsy, In the Heights, The Little Mermaid(sorry i just LOVE sierra), Young Frankenstein, and (dont kill me) Grease. I just thought they had a lot of energy and they were fun to watch, except Max who was off.

Worst: Cry-Baby (it was REALLY boring), A Catered Affair (Faith Prince was agonizing), and Xanadu (self-explanatory)

re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
 Jun 15 2008, 11:07:16 PM
I absolutely loved when she was in Totally F****d and turned around and was like "YES!!!!" HAHA! she was awesome 10 out of 10.
re: Broadway's Hottest Women
 Jun 15 2008, 01:56:23 PM
I think Sierra Boggess is just BEAUTIFUL!
re: Memorable Theatre Moments
 Jun 15 2008, 01:46:39 PM
-I know i'm prolly gonna sound like a broken record cuz you all have prolly heard this a THOUSAND times but when Elphaba takes flight in Wicked i get chills everywhere on my body and i end up crying like a little girl.

-idk why this specific spot but i LOOOOVE the part in You Can't Stop the Beat when Motormouth sings "cause tomorrow is a brand new day and it don't know white from black. YEAH!!!!!" and as she says yeah the lights do this little flashing type thing and everybody throws th

re: Do you send (e)mails to your favorite performers?
 Jun 15 2008, 12:20:51 PM
haha i know but if i were to see him in person it prolly would all come out as one word cuz i'ld be to busy trying to keep my whole body from shaking excessively. lol
re: Do you send (e)mails to your favorite performers?
 Jun 15 2008, 12:15:12 PM
I would but I wouldn't know how to put "OMIGODILOVEYOUSOMUCHYOUGOTMEHOOKEDONBROADWAYWITHYOURMUSICIJUSTCANTSTOPLISTENINGTOTHEHAIRSPRAYCDCUZILOVEITSOMUCHMRSHAIMAN!!!!!!!" into a email without sounding like an eight year old girl at a Hannah Montana concert. =)
What Will You Do if Patti changes the spelling of her name to Patty?
 Jun 15 2008, 12:02:54 PM
I will be devastatingly shocked but I kinda was thinking that most people associated with the Tony's were boneheads when Millie beat Mamma Mia for Best Musical and it didn't have half the success that Mamma Mia has had.
re: What Got u Hooked on Broadway
 Jun 15 2008, 08:13:15 AM
I always LOVED watching movie musicals when I was little like The Wizard of OZ, The Sound of Music, Annie, and Grease, but when I saw Hairspray perform You Can't Stop the Beat at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade my eyes were glued on the the tv. I had no idea what it was but I was simply in awe. Then for my birthday 2 months later I got the cast cd and it was a done deal.
re: Which musical theater discipline do you find the hardest?
 Jun 15 2008, 08:07:29 AM
I would have to say dancing is the hardest because if you try out for a new Broadway show you never know what type of dancing they're going to have in it so you have to be prepared with almost every style.
re: Songs you love in shows you hate...
 Jun 14 2008, 02:04:26 PM
"When You Got It, Flaunt" LOVE LOVE LOVE that song but I had to fake laugh my whole way through The Producers. I HATED it. I may have just seen a bad cast because when I saw the movie version a few months after seeing the show I thought Nathan Lane and Matthew Brodrick were HILLARIOUS but idk I just didnt have a good experience with it.
re: What showtune always makes you happy no matter what?
 Jun 14 2008, 01:56:35 PM
You Can't Stop the Beat
Welcome to the 60's
So Much Better
Right In Front of Your Eyes
Omigod You Guys
She's in Love
My Strongest Suit
Avenue Q theme
That's How You Know from Enchanted (not a showtune I know but still)

re: And the Tony Award goes to...
 Jun 11 2008, 05:54:04 PM
That's okay.
And the Tony Award goes to...
 Jun 11 2008, 12:00:45 PM
So here's the deal, this year they left the job to you to decide who wins except this year it's not just the shows for
07-08. They wanted to include every musical thats ever been on Broadway. Decide who wins in these musical categories:

Best Musical=
Best Leading Actress in a Musical=
Best Leading Actor in a Musical=
Best Book of a Musical=
Best Original Score=
Best Choreography=
Best Scenic Design=
Best Costume Design=
and any others you want to inc

Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
 Nov 10 2006, 09:57:35 AM
Ok guys here's the deal. I LOVE Hairspray. My best freind loves Wicked. I love Wicked to ,but near as much as I like Hairspray. So I want you oppions. So comment please.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You