pixeltracker

Is Hairspray better than Wicked?

Is Hairspray better than Wicked?

hairspraylover Profile Photo
hairspraylover
#1Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 9:57am

Ok guys here's the deal. I LOVE Hairspray. My best freind loves Wicked. I love Wicked to ,but near as much as I like Hairspray. So I want you oppions. So comment please.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#1re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:02am

I saw both musicals on Broadway. I enjoyed Wicked more than Hairspray. It's all in opinion on what is better or worse. I liked Wicked a lot better, but I still love Hairspray.

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#2re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:04am

Dumbest thread ever.

But I feel Hairspray's score is better.

The books are about tied.

Performances in WICKED outshine HAIRSPRAY.

WICKED's sets are better.

HAIRPSRAY has stronger choreography.

WICKED has better costumes.

The plots are a tie.

WICKED has the "wow" factor.

WICKED wins.

Updated On: 11/10/06 at 10:04 AM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#3re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:11am

WICKED is much better than HAIRSPRAY.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#4re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:14am

You realize that this is totally a persons opinion. No one is right or wrong.

Having seen both, I have to say that I prefer Wicked but that isn't to say that I didn't love Hairspray. I think that, as someone else said, Wicked just has the wow factor. Between the sets, the costumes and the performances . . .

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

jimnysf
#5re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:18am

You realize that this is totally a persons opinion. No one is right or wrong.

I am always right! "Hairspray" is the better of the two shows. It has a better score by far! "Wicked" is today's "Cats".

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

SweMozArt
#6re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:31am

"Dumbest thread ever".

Isn't that a statement that falls on its own logic? You think it's possible to compare threads but not musicals? What makes the quality of a thread less subjective?
Updated On: 11/10/06 at 10:31 AM

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#7re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 10:31am

I am always right! "Hairspray" is the better of the two shows. It has a better score by far! "Wicked" is today's "Cats".

In that it's extremely popular but makes me want to tear out my hair and run away? re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#8re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 11:55am

I felt so much happier when I left Hairspray.

The two times I've left Wicked, I felt dissapointed. From the make of Wicked, you expect everything to be BIG, but its, oh so small. (And I saw the show yesterday so I remember, lol)

neddyfrank2
#9re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:05pm

Wicked

Ciaron McCarthy
#10re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:19pm

"Hairspray" is 1000 times better than "Wicked" and I don't even like "Hairspray" all that much.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#11re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:19pm

Wicked's book is dull and poorly written, with horrid character devlopment(hence why it lost the Tony to Avenue Q), Wicked's costumes are amazing, Wicked does have the "wow" factor, but there's only so much "Ohyeahhhhhwooooaaaahhhhuhhhhhyeeeahhh" that one can take. Oh and the ending is beyond ridiculous

Hairspray has better character devlopment, and you actually care about what happens to them, the score is more consistent and fun. There is not really a "wow" factor here, but it doesn't need one because it is a better written show, and it can hold it's own without soaring big belty numbers.

You can't really compare the two because they fall in two different categories, Wicked is this "dramatic" piece with bits of comedy thrown in, where as Hairspray is funny throughout. I say see Hairspray, I saw both of them, and I wouldn't see Wicked again, but I would see Hairspray again. But like NJ said, it's all opinion based.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

hippiedance
#12re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:22pm

HAIRSPRAY by far.

Wicked=meh

Sneezy
#13re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 12:25pm

Is Hitler better than Mussolini? Is Idi Amin Dada better than Slobodan Milosevic?

actor
#14re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:05pm

Wicked

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#16re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:26pm

HAIRSPRAY is a far better musical. The score is better, the book is actually coherant and smart, and it's a show with a strong message. Sublimely crafted and exquisitely executed.

WICKED can't even come close to HAIRSPRAY.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Fiction Writer Profile Photo
Fiction Writer
#17re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:29pm

HAIRSPRAY.

Parks
#18re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 1:38pm

Who won the Tony award? re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?

I'm just kidding--some people don't believe that the Best Musical Tony always goes to the best musical.

I personally love both. Both are very entertaining. I love Hairspray for the energy and Wicked for the sets/special effects. If I had to choose between one or the other, I don't know which one I'd pick. They're both fun shows.

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#19re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 3:31pm

And, are you talking about the current productions or their scores/books? Because that sure makes a difference.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#20re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 3:44pm

I don't like one more than the other. Two different shows but both equally enjoyable in my opinion.

Just give the world Love.

SweetQintheLights
#21re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 3:52pm

HAIRSPRAY

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

COOOOLkid
#22re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 3:57pm

I've had MUCH MUCH more fun when I saw Hairspray. The energy of the show and the cast was incredible.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#23re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 3:59pm

Hairspray by a mile in every way especially score

Poster Emeritus

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#24re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 4:00pm

Well, I have seen both.

Music wise, Wicked is better.

But story wise, I think that Hairspray is better because its a bit happier. :)

The Best of Times is Now!

bwayondabrain
#25re: Is Hairspray better than Wicked?
Posted: 11/10/06 at 5:48pm

in my personal opinion, HAIRSPRAY runs rings around WICKED

HAIRSPRAY is awesome.

Videos