News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Theatrefan2

Member Name: Theatrefan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hugh Jackman Music Tour 2019
 Jun 27 2019, 02:11:38 AM

There are plenty of seats on StubHub.

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
 Jun 17 2019, 08:23:47 PM

Call the theatre and see if they will refund you the money.  There also may be a cancellation line.. 

BWAY actors in unexpected places
 Jun 15 2019, 11:09:10 PM

Um Kulthum said: "Not totally off-the-wall, but it was funny to recognize Leslie Odom Jr in an episodeof Gilmore Girls when I was rewatching before the revival came out in 2016. He's in one episode of season 6,playing a pompous Princeton student who's on a panel with Rory. A Princetonian long before his success as Aaron Burr!"

Better yet, he was once a Demon on Supernatural.

Kelli O 'Hara and KISS ME KATE -LIVE!
 Apr 15 2019, 02:38:02 AM

I  hope not.

KISS ME, KATE! (2019) Reviews
 Apr 12 2019, 01:12:00 PM

I doubt it.  I did not enjoy it so maybe that is what I think but its constantly on discount.  And I went because I wanted to see it very much.  But I was totally let down.  It was miscast.  And when you feel Brush Up Your Shakespear goes on too long that about says it.

Assassins dream casting
 Mar 21 2019, 11:37:30 PM

You first.

Evan Hansen IS a sociopath
 Mar 17 2019, 12:37:20 AM

themysteriousgrowl said: "Discuss"

Why start a thread with one word and not contribute to it yourself?

KISS ME, KATE (2019 Roundabout Revival) - Previews
 Feb 27 2019, 11:59:28 PM

I was really looking forward to this and was terribly disappointed.  Just because you have a great voice does not make this a good show.  I found it charmless.  There was no connection between the leads.  And I wish Will Chase would just have picked a key to sing in and stuck to it.  He was all over the place.  They both did not grasp their characters. 

Hair
 Feb 5 2019, 02:29:58 AM

The wrong material and probably the cast the intended was wrong.  If you do things like this you have to cast properly, not half and half pop stars no one relates to and for heaven's sake pick the right show. Annie Get Your Gun, Gigi, Showboat would all bee nostalgicand success.  But primarily cast it correctly

Can an 11 year old see the show Hamilton alone?
 Jan 13 2019, 07:41:55 PM

Since the seats are so expensive I do not think its such a wise idea.  How can she enjoy not talking and sharing her thoughts at intermission or after the show with her parents?  In NY balcony seats are at least $299 if it is a hardship to pay for 2 tickets I definitely think that much for an 11 year old to attend alone is not the right decision.  Certainly not showing her the value of money what will she want next.  Just being real.

Enter the lottery.

Maybe Susan Boyle in Blood Brothers revival?
 Jan 8 2019, 10:43:19 PM

Dollypop said: "Susan Boyle has a great voice but has far too many emotional/ psychological problems to face the rigors of 8 performances a week."

That and the fact she cannot act.  While the song was lovely, she showed no emotion at all.  They very wisely lit the back in a way to give emotion to the song.

Hugh Jackman at the Bowl not selling that well?
 Dec 19 2018, 11:58:00 PM

Plenty of tickets near the stage available from $618 to $784 at MSG.  This is a greedy tour a performer like Hugh belongs in a theatre not on a big tv screen.

The Greatest Showman Broadway
 Dec 17 2018, 10:07:33 PM

chrishuyen said: "After seeing his cover of From Now On, I think Ramin Karimloo would be fantastic in the lead role. Also, I'm not sure how the movie was received by this community as it came out before I started regularly participating in these messageboards, but I feel like it should generate decent traffic on name alone, along with the fact that it's Pasek and Paul and a lot of the music seems to have gone almost mainstream. Limited run appearances by just about any of the

Female Sweeney Todd?
 Aug 12 2018, 04:14:21 PM

How about Guys and Dolls?  You could get the Chippendale men for the Hot Box Guys.

This is such a stupid thread.  Patting yourselves on the back  with your vision.  Just sounds like theatre snobbery to me.

ZERO DARK THIRTY the Musical?
 Jul 28 2018, 05:05:38 PM

This is possibly the stupdest idea for a musical, a musical, ever.  And all of you trying to give these reasons are just going off the rails.  

Official Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions Thread
 Jun 12 2018, 01:30:55 PM

Moulin Rouge has extended its Boston run.  Problems?  AT is way overrated in my opinion and he looks positively awful and not well in the promo video.

What show do you have high hope for next season?
 May 7 2018, 10:41:24 PM

Yours???

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews
 Mar 24 2018, 11:57:13 PM

So in your opinion it cannot withstand a cast change.  This cast will not be there forever so that means you really do not like the show but are enamoured of the actors.  How many times have you seen it to be bored and depressed?

Will "WICKED" movie be ready by Dec 2019?
 Mar 1 2018, 10:21:16 PM

They are waiting for Justin Bieber to say yes to Fiyero.

LOVE NEVER DIES - US Tour
 Feb 19 2018, 10:09:28 PM

Ramin has already played 3 versions of this, maybe he just needs to break away from it.  Make that 4 with POTO

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You