News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cfmiller

cfmiller Profile Photo
Member Name: cfmiller
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carol Channing - Kennedy Center Honors petition
 Jun 15 2013, 06:06:40 PM
They could narrow the net a bit if they would exclude those who were not born in America or who are not American citizens. Never understood when you have so many worthy people they do that.

And if you saw David Letterman's induction, you would know exactly why he was honored!

re: Bret Michaels' Representatives Issue Statement Regarding Tony Award Inj
 Jun 10 2009, 10:39:12 PM
His band mates got off the stage and took their bow in the safe zone. Brett hogged the spotlight and paid for it.
re: Dumpters after shows close?
 Jan 15 2009, 09:49:05 PM
Touche.
re: Dumpters after shows close?
 Jan 15 2009, 09:01:01 PM
I had a friend who went dumpster diving once (not on Broadway) who ended up inhaling a used condom. Don't ask me how she did it, but she did.

re: My GYPSY Experience
 Jan 11 2009, 03:06:44 PM
I was there on Wednesday also. I enjoyed the performance, but my partner was less enthused, saying Patti shouted and hammed it up too much.

Did the plate Laura threw in "Where Ever We Go" hit someone in the first row? The number stopped cold and the person in the front row handed the plate back. I thought it was hilarious!

Maybe my partner would have enjoyed the performance more if the St. James actually had some leg room. I was uncomfortable, and I am 6-2, so I can't ima

re: Empire, musical about Empire State Building, Aims for 2009-2010 Season
 Dec 16 2008, 06:42:56 PM
Sounds like some major suckage.

But I've been wrong before.

re: Tom Cruise Wants to Do a Broadway Musical
 Dec 13 2008, 11:10:38 AM
What about "Scientology: The Musical?"

He could win a Tony as Xenu.

re: If Barbara Cook stayed with CARRIE for Broadway....
 Dec 7 2008, 11:36:47 AM
Dorothy Loudon survived numerous bombs and managed to thrive and be beloved.
re: Singer Yma Sumac dies at 86
 Nov 3 2008, 09:12:13 PM
I loved her as well. The song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" was based on one of her songs.
re: Who saw BABY in 1983?
 Oct 30 2008, 10:00:39 PM
This seems to be popping up a lot in community theatres in the last three years or so. Did the rights get released around that time or what?
re: Into the Woods Revival: Let's Try This Again
 Oct 30 2008, 09:55:36 PM
I can't imagine either Eversole or Mazzie as the Witch.

I don't want to imagine anyone else other than Joanna Gleason as the Wife.

re: Sweeney Todd... Sondheim's masterpiece?
 Oct 30 2008, 09:52:18 PM
Surely Sondheim has been asked this question before? Has he answered it?
re: Mama Rose - how old?
 Aug 17 2008, 06:55:11 PM
Jpbran took my joke

I always figured Rose was kinky, but teabagging?

re: Little House on the Prairie
 Aug 17 2008, 06:51:44 PM
Patash, you may very well be right for the most part. I can't imagine anyone who writes musicals not wanting to be on the biggest stage of them all. And I can't imagine Rachel Portman not wanting to go to Broadway.

But didn't I hear about the writers of Honk, who after having a big smash in London, chose to forego a Broadway run, fearing it would ruin their product?

However, given the crappy lyrics I heard on NPR, I can't imagine this would be a motive.

re: Little House on the Prairie
 Aug 17 2008, 12:21:55 PM
Not to defend the always lying TooDarnHot, but on NPR Friday, the producer was speaking of how she hoped to avoid a Broadway run in the near future. She instead was hoping for a national tour. The thought was that with the subject matter, they were hoping to draw in the type of crowd that doesn't normally go to the theatre or NYC. The producer also talked about her previous experience with "A Year Frog and Toad," which did wonderfully during a pre-broadway run and then ended up failing when i
re: Thoroughly Modern Millie -- Casting Non-Asians
 Aug 8 2008, 10:04:45 AM
Seen it done before. No one I know raised an eyebrow, but I guess it depends on how you feel about color blind casting.
re: How does everyone feel about a potential Helen Keller musical?
 Aug 6 2008, 09:51:48 PM
What if the musical incorporated all of those horrible jokes?

Her dog died when Helen took him sky diving with her.
She broke her arm reading a stop sign at 50mph.
She punctured her ear when she tried to answer the stapler.
She punctured the other one when they called back.
She drives herself crazy trying to read a stucco wall.
She burns her face bobbing for french fries.
Her parents punish her by leaving the plunger in, rearranging the furniture, put her in a ro

re: 'It's A Bird...It's A Plane...It's Superman!' Thoughts
 Aug 6 2008, 09:39:43 PM
Same here Mallardo. Going to dust off the my vinyl copy and give it another whirl.
re: Female Composers?
 Aug 6 2008, 09:16:29 PM
Actually, wikipedia gives a different version of the Fields/Coleman encounter:

"In 1964, Coleman met Dorothy Fields at a party, and when he asked if she would like to collaborate with him, she is reported to have answered, "Thank God somebody asked". Fields was revitalised by working with the much younger Coleman, and by the contemporary nature of their first project, which was to become Sweet Charity, again with a book by Neil Simon, and starring Gwen Verdon, and introducing the songs

re: Female Composers?
 Aug 6 2008, 09:12:48 PM
Since this has devolved into lyricists, I can't believe no one has mentioned Dorothy Fields? Probably the greatest of them all! A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Mexican Hayride, Sweet Charity, Redhead, Seesaw. As well at the book to numerous others, including Annie Get your Gun. She was still going strong when she died in her late 60's.

It was reported that when Cy Coleman, her last collaborator, asked her to work with him, she became very emotional, and said something to the effect of "I t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You