News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CoreyRyan3

Member Name: CoreyRyan3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Inheritance - Previews  Oct 3 2019, 01:45:24 AM

I'm SHOCKED by some of the "underwhelmed" notices on here. Was expecting to come on and see universal raves, as Whizzer has posted. Truly surprised to see so many who aren't impressed by it. It's certainly, in my opinion, one of the best and most profound pieces of theatre I've seen on a Broadway stage in many years. 

Paul Hilton, Andrew Burnap, and Kyle Soller all deserve awards. Their categorizations will haunt my nightmares. Like throwing

WOW, this is a mess  Mar 14 2019, 12:38:22 PM
Any reports on running time? TIA.
THE PROM Previews  Oct 24 2018, 04:36:10 PM

Sondheimite said: "I don't think you people understand how this works, sometimes.”

I’d actually beg to differ that you don’t understand how this works if you think we’re not right in posting our disagreements. It’s a discussion board. For discussions. 

THE PROM Previews  Oct 24 2018, 11:23:46 AM
Look, this show is not perfect. It’s hokey, it chews the scenery, it wears its little bleeding heart on its sleeve and it loves every damn minute of it. But that’s exactly what makes this show so special. It achieves exactly what it sets out to do, which is to beat us over the head with heart and a message of acceptance and tolerance. And I know some people don’t go to the theatre to “preached” at, but this one finds new ways to make this journey fun, quick, enjoyable, and downright hysterical.
THE PROM Previews  Oct 24 2018, 11:10:51 AM

dramamama611 said: 
“Passing judgement? The only way I see people even remotely doing that before if trying to decide to go or not. Just like you make choices about what meal to eat, movies to see - you get a sense of whether or not it seems like it's for you. Are you suggesting people shouldn't do so before buying a product? Ridiculous. While I see MOST of what opens on b'way, I'm not so financially well off that I'd spend money on something I don'

Skintight rush?  Jun 21 2018, 04:10:13 AM
I tried the morning rush 2 weeks ago and when they opened the box office, the attendant told us they had no rush tickets that morning. So the rush is certainly “by availability”. But they do have Student Rush one hour before curtain that is half-off the full price tickets, so ended up being $65 or so?
THIS AIN'T NO DISCO thread  Jun 15 2018, 12:14:32 PM

Grabbed mine as well. I'll be seeing it on 7/7. Excited for this one. 

Carmen Jones Thread  Jun 14 2018, 01:16:38 AM

Great, thank you. Also, were there any additional fees or just $20 exactly?

Carmen Jones Thread  Jun 14 2018, 12:56:25 AM

Was it difficult at all? never done the TodayTix rush. Gonna try for Saturday matinee, I think. Just 10AM on the morning of the show you want to see?

Official Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions Thread  Jun 12 2018, 03:01:23 AM

Hope this one transfers! Would love to see it and don't see myself making it to London anytime soon. 

How about an Everybody's Talking About Jamie transfer while we're at it?

Skintight (previews)  Jun 8 2018, 09:32:29 AM

#1Elphie said: "MarilynMonroeSmash said: "I saw the show on Tuesday, and really enjoyed it, but it seems like they have cut the awful line in the end. Could anyone say what the line was that they cut? I'm very curious. Thanks!"

I was wondering the same thing; I saw the show tonight and walked out trying to think of what it could have been (there were some awful things said, but nothing that really stood out).
"

SPOILER: (in case it&rs

Skintight (previews)  Jun 3 2018, 09:34:17 PM

PSU626 said: "I'm about to buy a ticket to see this. There are some seats in Rows B and C available on the date I'm going. Just wondering if you think they would be good seats or whether I should choose something further back. (C seat is on the house right side.)

Just curious about the sight lines, since it's a two-level set. (I recently had a 4th row, house left seat to Boys In The Band and it was terrible. I couldn't see any of the action on stage right b

TBV Playbill  Jun 3 2018, 12:58:01 AM

Fosse76 said: "Staff don't "open" Playbills. They arrived bundled with string."

Yes, I'm aware. I was using the term in a general sense. Thanks for the unnecessary clarification.

TBV Playbill  Jun 2 2018, 11:39:21 PM

Yeah, jeez. People on this board are so snippy for no reason.

But I assume he's right, they just had more of the normal playbills leftover before they open the new ones. 

Skintight (previews)  Jun 2 2018, 05:27:28 PM

Just returned from the matinee of this one. I sort of loved it. It's sort of exactly what I've begun to expect from Harmon's plays. He puts these unlikable characters on stage that we still see a little of ourselves in and makes us somehow side with them. There are some exceptions to that rule with his plays, obviously. But I feel that of the 3 I've seen (Significant Other, Admissions, and now Skintight), that mostly rings true. I also read Bad Jews back in the day and feel si

ANGELS IN AMERICA Reviews  Mar 25 2018, 10:50:33 PM

But if Gough ends up in Featured, I think she would likely beat Susan Brown. I think their best bet is to try to spread the category placement as much as possible though, putting Gough and Lane in Lead. 

ANGELS IN AMETICA Reviews  Mar 25 2018, 10:48:13 PM

It all depends on category placement. I think Andrew Garfield and Nathan Lane both belong in Lead Actor but I could absolutely see a situation where they move Nathan to Featured. If Nathan, Gough, and Garfield are all in lead and the rest in featured, I could realistically see a situation where every principal cast member gets a nomination and Garfield, Susan Brown, and James McArdle walk away with Tony Awards. 

Three Tall Women rush tickets  Mar 23 2018, 02:18:06 AM

I rushed early in previews 2 weeks ago during the last Nor'easter. Was first in line and got 3rd row center orchestra for a Wednesday matinee.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews  Mar 18 2018, 05:27:38 PM

daniellesf said: "I’m in the Orch Row D on the far far side. I’m worried it’s too close and some of the illusions will be spoiled. Has anyone sat that close yet?

Thanks!!
"

I had a friend in Row G of the orchestra on the far side and she didn't seem to think the view was too bad. She said it was a little too close and too far over, but I don't think she missed anything major.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Previews  Mar 18 2018, 12:02:08 AM

It's fantastic, it's shocking, it's magical. It deserves all the awards its about to receive. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You