News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Gorlois

Gorlois Profile Photo
Member Name: Gorlois
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Penelope Cruz wants to do an Almodóvar movie musical  Dec 23 2021, 02:38:39 PM

YES!!! This would be incredible, love anything Almodovar. Can’t wait to see his latest.

Aaron Sorkin's BEING THE RICARDOS film on Amazon Prime  Dec 21 2021, 09:21:23 PM

It’s not a great movie— I’m not sure all the flashbacks and recreations of episodes were necessary. The leads were miscast, but Kidman did a better job than Bardem. Kidman’s Lucille Ball voice was pretty much impeccable. I enjoyed the scenes with Vance and Frawley although I have some issues with their characterizations. My heart really did break for Lucy at the end, and that’s something. 

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Mar 16 2020, 12:59:01 PM
I think it looks really great. It’s pretty reminiscent of the ‘61 film, just with people who aren’t wearing brown face paint this time.
Aaron Sorkin's BEING THE RICARDOS film on Amazon Prime  Nov 14 2021, 06:01:56 PM

I always take early Twitter reacts with a grain of salt, but I very much hope the reviews here are true. Lucy and Desi deserve a great movie! 

Aaron Sorkin's BEING THE RICARDOS film on Amazon Prime  Oct 19 2021, 03:12:37 PM
Of course people care a lot about Kidman’s performance when she is playing one of the most beloved and iconic performers of the 20th century. Nicole Kidman is a really great actress because she takes risks. Sometimes those risks have a marvelous payoff and sometimes they fail— this project in particular reminds me of “Bewitched” and “Grace of Monaco” which were decidedly not successes for Kidman.

I do think it’s unfair that more people aren’t pointing out how miscast Bardem is as Arnaz.

Aaron Sorkin's BEING THE RICARDOS film on Amazon Prime  Oct 19 2021, 11:40:17 AM

Kidman has the voice (well, kinda. Shes not a soundalike, but she’s going for that deeper, breathier Lucille Ball sound and that’s commendable) but it is worrisome that the trailer avoids showing her face.

Javier Bardem is 20 years older than Desi was when ILL started. Desi was always so fresh faced in those years. Aging him up like this is certain to change the dynamic. And before anybody says I’m mixing up Lucille and Desi with Lucy and Ricky— I mean it wi

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release  Sep 25 2021, 02:08:17 AM
I’m not a fan of Pasek and Paul, I’ve never seen the stage show or listened to the OBC. But I am shocked at the critical response. Can it really be so bad?
Reading of New Sondheim Musical with Nathan Lane and Bernadette Peters  Sep 15 2021, 06:12:25 PM
I read the topic title and audibly said “Oh my God.” I have no idea what this is, if this is anything.. but my curiosity is definitely piqued!
2031 Night Music revival Emma Stone & Thompson  Jun 4 2021, 07:57:44 AM
I could see that combo. Emma Thompson would be a wonderful Madame Armfeldt.

But I want my Cate Blanchett/Julie Andrews revival now!

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Apr 25 2021, 02:41:05 PM
Hoooo boy....

Only just realized how much older Bardem is now than Arnaz was in the 50’s...

Fran Drescher:  Apr 12 2021, 09:19:35 AM
I mean, Fran Drescher’s original pitch for the show was “The Sound of Music— but instead of Julie Andrews, I show up.” So to me, adapting “The Nanny” for the stage doesn’t seem all that crazy. It’s probably still going to be very similar to “The Sound of Music.”

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Feb 11 2021, 05:39:28 AM
I think JK Simmons is a great choice for Bill Frawley. Would be pretty funny to make a movie about the making of ILL and only nail the casting of Fred!
Greatest Star Making Turns  Jan 25 2021, 01:13:28 PM
I mean these are before my day but,

Julie Andrews in My Fair Lady
Barbra Streisand in Funny Girl
Patti LuPone in Evita

Best/Worst Celebrities that went onto Broadway  Jan 22 2021, 04:15:29 AM

I didn’t see her, but I’m surprised to see Jessica Lange in Long Day’s Journey Into Night listed here under “bad.” I would have thought she’d be perfect in that role. I was going to ask if that was the general consensus, but now I see she won the Tony for it.

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Jan 20 2021, 04:40:10 AM

joevitus said: "Not seeing anyone claim LucilleBall and LucyRicardo were identical, and the point you're makinghas been made like a hundred times at this point. Doesn't make Kidman sound any more appropriate for the role."

Yes, exactly this.

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Jan 19 2021, 07:34:03 PM
Most people who were careful readers knew all that. I will keep an open mind, and Nicole Kidman is a very talented actress— but I just don’t think I will buy her as Lucille Ball!
Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Jan 12 2021, 12:46:02 PM

Nicole Kidman’s American accents are very spotty (in acting, I’ve come to think of accents as icing on the cake— a nice adornment if done well but easily scraped to the side if poorly made. But with an iconic person like Lucy whose voice I’ve heard so much, it’s going to pull me straight out of the movie if it’s not done well) and I don’t think she can pull off the different timbres Lucy used in-character or out of character, either. I love Nicol

NBC will present THE GRINCH musical this December starring Morrison  Nov 10 2020, 10:25:13 AM
Wow, what a wonderful surprise! Looking forward to it.
New Randy Rainbow (with a Special Guest) - Brilliant!  Oct 7 2020, 07:39:08 PM
I get that everyone is on pins and needles about this election, but it is so annoying to be told “Don’t wish and hope yadda yadda yadda” when you’ve already spoken to all your friends and family about voting and made a plan to vote on the first day of Early Voting.

Trust me, I’m doing more than wishing and hoping. But the wishing and hoping is also what’s keeping me from becoming an alcoholic.

New Randy Rainbow (with a Special Guest) - Brilliant!  Oct 7 2020, 07:05:34 PM
I am not a huge fan of Randy Rainbow, but I loved this video. Patti!!!!! And also, it’s what so many of us are wishing and hoping for!!!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You