pixeltracker

Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?

Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#1Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:49pm

I know that they are two COMPLETELY different shows, but which would you recomend? I am seeing five other shows (all broadway) while I am in New York and thought it would be interesting to go to one off-broadway. However, A Chorus Line almost looks too good to pass up.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#2re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:51pm

A Chorus Line re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:51pm

AGH, two of the best shows on or off-Broadway right now. Can't you see both of them and skip something else?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#3re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:55pm

I would recommend A Chorus Line. Frankly, I love the Forbidden Broadway CDs, but having them, I don't feel the need to see the show live.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#4re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:55pm

I've already got tickets for 110 in the Shade, Grey Gardens and Gypsy closing night (a.k.a. the closest you can come to heaven on earth in a single day), Spring Awakening, and Les Miz. I'm starting to lean towards Forbidden Broadway because I know ACL will tour.

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#5re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:56pm

Also, would you go for tickets near the front of the orchestra or middle of the mezz. I've heard from most that the mezz is the best.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:56pm

A Chorus Line...what other shows are you seeing?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#7re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 2:58pm

Chorus Line is great, but if you're filling the last timeslot of your trip I would choose Forbidden Broadway, just because I think it would be fun to see FB after seeing all of those other shows.

zacwac08 Profile Photo
zacwac08
#8re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 3:00pm

That's how I tried to plan it.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#9re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 3:09pm

Yeah, I would go with that plan...I mean, the FB songs are funny by themselves (I first heard "Wickeder" and loved it long before I ever saw FB), but there is just something about actually seeing the FB songs performed, what with their 'puppets' and 'costumes' and whatnot, that makes it that much funnier to see it live- I honestly thought I was going to hurt myself laughing so much at the Light in the Piazza number when I saw it.

And plus it's always up on tkts- I sat second row orch at FB with a tkts tix.

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#10re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 4:10pm

I agree with Anakela. With the line up of shows you're seeing - Forbidden Broadway is a nice departure. Warning: If you do decide to see FB, wear a hernia belt least you rupture something whilst laughing. re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?

uhkthxbye2 Profile Photo
uhkthxbye2
#11re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 4:15pm

I watched FB: Coast of Utopia, and I just about died laughing, especially at the Les Miz and Company sketches. But if you've never seen Chorus Line before, I'd go with that before FB. After all, that show has the life expectancy of a cockroach - chances are if you come back to the city in 20 years, it'll still be there. :-P

Gangway, world, get off of my runway.
- Mama Rose, Gypsy

A bird cage I plan to hang,
I'll get to that someday...
A bird cage for a bird who flew away
Around the world.
- Edie, Grey Gardens

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#12re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 4:28pm

A Chorus Line.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WestVillage Profile Photo
WestVillage
#13re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 5:44pm

A Chorus Line without a doubt. I've seen all the incarnations of Forbidden Broadway, and this one does not rank up there as one of the better versions. The cast is not as strong as previous casts, and some of the material falls flat. There are some very funny parodies, especially Company, Mary Poppins and Spring Awakening, but there was a lot that just wasn't up to par. The Jersey Boys portion was just awful; Beauty & The Beast has been done to death; Les Miz is just a rehash of what's been in FB for years. I found this FB to be a disappointment.

curly120
#14re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 5:50pm

Since you're seeing so many other shows, see FB!!! I saw it after seeing almost everything on Broadway and I was crying through the whole thing because I was laughing so hard! However, I felt that it wouldn't be that funny for those who haven't seen any of the actual shows (like the tourists I was sitting next to, who actually loved the show though...). If I hadn't seen the shows, I really don't think I would have understood the jokes. Am I totally off-base here?

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#15re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/23/07 at 8:27pm

If you've never before seen A CHORUS LINE, then see it. If you've seen it previously (anywhere) then head to FORBIDDEN BROADWAY.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#16re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:07am

If you want my advice, I'd forget both of them and go see Spring Awakening twice.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#17re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:09am

see forbidden broadway

ACL is gonna tour

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#18re: Forbidden Broadway or A Chorus Line?
Posted: 7/24/07 at 7:06am

Personally would get rid of the Miz tickets and see A Chorus Line and Forbidden Broadway. Or see Forbidden Broadway after Miz for some huge laughs.

10 YEARS MORE. LOL!

Videos