News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kade.ivy

kade.ivy Profile Photo
Member Name: kade.ivy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 28 2022, 05:27:57 PM

KJisgroovy said: "Tonight’s performance has been cancelled, according to an email I just received.

Stayed an extra day to see it. Le sigh.
"

Got the same email. Rebooked for June. Slim choices for a Monday night show, but I got a LincTix to see Audra. 

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 10 2022, 05:50:04 PM

Selling a ticket to the 8/20 performance at 8:00 pm. The penultimate performance in Chicago. Dress Circle A246. Price negotiable (will take less than I paid). PM if interested. 

Bringing luggage to a show :(  Aug 5 2022, 10:00:42 PM

Anyone had recent experience with this? My early flight got canceled and I’m bumped to one that lands an hour before my 2pm matinee (Mr. Saturday Night), I’ll be doing well to get there by curtain so I doubt I’ll have time to go to my hotel on 45th street. :/

The Piano Lesson - Broadway 2022  Jul 10 2022, 04:43:57 PM

Anyone know if the St. James box office is selling tickets to this yet? Will be there next weekend for ITW and would love to save on some fees if possible. Thanks!

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 9 2022, 08:45:18 PM

Best wishes to BDJ for a speedy recovery if it is COVID. Have they possibly changed the isolation requirements from 10 days to 5? 

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022  May 26 2022, 02:50:12 PM

kade.ivy said: "smokeline2 said: "kade.ivy said: "I had to purchase on mobile and got N16 Orchestra. I’m assuming that’s an aisle seat, though the seating charts I can find suggest only 15 seats in that row. There was no indication that it’s an accessible location. Any insights on that?"

N16 is directly in the middle of the row. The seats are even numbers only in right orchestra (and odd only in left orchestra). The 15 seats in

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022  May 26 2022, 12:59:07 PM

smokeline2 said: "kade.ivy said: "I had to purchase on mobile and got N16 Orchestra. I’m assuming that’s an aisle seat, though the seating charts I can find suggest only 15 seats in that row. There was no indication that it’s an accessible location. Any insights on that?"

N16 is directly in the middle of the row. The seats are even numbers only in right orchestra (and odd only in left orchestra). The 15 seats in the row range from seat

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022  May 26 2022, 10:48:09 AM

I had to purchase on mobile and got N16 Orchestra. I’m assuming that’s an aisle seat, though the seating charts I can find suggest only 15 seats in that row. There was no indication that it’s an accessible location. Any insights on that? 

Hadestown tour questions.  Feb 6 2022, 10:09:47 PM

Saw the tour today (first time seeing Hadestown!). Cast is wonderful and engaged, including the great Will Mann, on for Hermes. The orchestra is impeccable, and  I found it beautifully staged. Production is in top shape. The show isn’t entirely my cup of tea but I still enjoyed and am glad I saw it! 

New Immersive Broadway Theatre to be Constructed in NYC's Theatre District  Jan 13 2022, 04:20:57 PM

I’m intrigued, though I suppose I’m also skeptical. A space like this would be a great addition, but I do hope that if it happens, there is a flashier name for the venue. :)

What is next at the Shubert?  Jan 12 2022, 06:58:35 PM

LeMix1882 said: "Cinderella is going to the Imperial.

Some Like It Hot is going to the Shubert, the Shubert's are producing themselves and keeping their prime musical house for their own show.
"

Are these things happening spring or fall? 

We Need Raul Esparza Back On Broadway  Jan 9 2022, 01:20:15 PM

Totally second a Sweeney revival with him!

Places to Eat in Times Square  Nov 18 2021, 03:22:05 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Speaking of the Gershwin Theatre, I had a great prix fixe dinner next door here before I saw Wicked:

https://azalearistorantenyc.com/
"

I also enjoyed Azalea on my recent trip. Good food and friendly service. My only negative was I did feel like the portion size was a bit small. 

I’ll second Don Antonio and thank whoever recommended it on here. Fabulous pizza.

Shaina Taub's SUFFS at the Public to feature Phillipa Soo, Nikki M. James, Jenn Colella, Grace McLean, Taub, and more  Nov 16 2021, 03:07:54 PM

Love this cast! Fingers crossed for a hit and an extension, as I’m in town end of May! 

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Reopening Night Thread  Nov 13 2021, 02:37:20 PM

Logan28 said: "I saw Harry Potter last night too and there was one scene I was positive they would have kept and it was completely removed.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
In the original two part play, after Harry watches his parents die, a babies crib in flames appears in the middle of the stage with a crying baby Harry Potter
Any Luck with Physical Tickets Post-Reopening?  Nov 10 2021, 10:52:20 AM

rj1060 said: "I am seeing Phantom next week and received digital tickets. Would it be best just to go to the box office a few hours before the show that day and ask for the tickets to be printed? I am pretty shy so I am trying to figure out the best way to request this because it sounds like from past experiences on here the staff at Majestic can't be bothered."

I actually had a fine experience at the Majestic, and a half hour before curtain at that. I just walke

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA Reopening Night Thread  Nov 2 2021, 08:11:11 PM

labellaragazza1 said: "AEA AGMA SM said: "Luminaire2 said: "So, seeing as they are no longer using doubles, does this mean they are singing most of the title song live now?"

The use of doubles has not been completely eliminated. Before the shut down there were two sets of doubles, one that did the cross on deck and down into the trap after the dressing room scene and another that does the back and forth along the travelator. The travelator doubl

Any Luck with Physical Tickets Post-Reopening?  Nov 2 2021, 08:05:08 PM
Happy to report I was able to request printed tickets at each of my shows with no pushback!
MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Oct 28 2021, 01:38:20 AM
^Thanks for the clarification. I loved the number: just noticed some missteps tonight. It is a showstopper!

Also, for those discussing running time, the show (8:00 curtain) started 10 minutes late, and I was on the street by 10:50, after walking from the rear orchestra up those long flights of stairs at the Sondheim. So I’d say tonight’s show was around 2:35. I didn’t pay attention to how long intermission was, but it didn’t feel like it ran long.

Also had the box office prin

MRS. DOUBTFIRE Previews  Oct 27 2021, 11:32:47 PM

Just got out of tonight’s show. Overall I really really liked it. McClure shows himself as a king of musical comedy and carries the show on his shoulders.

I thought it was in great shape for a fifth preview. Some of the choreography needs tightening up, especially in the multi-Doubtfire number, which comes about 1/3 of the way through Act 2. Was it at one point the Act 2 opener? I’m sure a lot of the choreo is in flux.

The sets were awesome, and Zaks’s

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You