pixeltracker

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022

joshdog2014
#3OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:00am

Finally!! Glad it’ll be possible to see this amazing production again. Sad that it’s losing Ann Harada too, but glad Julia Lester and Kennedy Kanagawa are both there.

Updated On: 5/26/22 at 08:00 AM

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#5OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:09am

While obviously not Heather, Patina is going to be great. She killed it in the Hollywood Bowl production. She proved she can play a villain with that deliciously delectable and mischievous “stealing candy from a little kid” vibe she exuded in Pippin as the Leading Player.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

hearthemsing22
#6OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:09am

Now tell us when tickets go on sale pleaseeeee (I read the article twice I don’t think it mentioned when) 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:10am

I said this in the other thread but seeing Brian as The Baker is a dream come true for me. He just has this quality that I know is going to make for an exceptional performance that I know will destroy me at the end of Act Two. 

hearthemsing22
#8OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:11am

Jordan Catalano said: "I said this in the other thread but seeing Brian as The Baker is a dream come true for me. He just has this quality that I know is going to make for an exceptional performance that I know will destroy me at the end of Act Two."

No I TOTALLY agree I’m so excited for him to play that role!! 

willep
#9OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:22am

I guess I’ll finally see a production of Into the Woods.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#10OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:22am

I didn't want to get my hopes up when reading the rumors yesterday, but WOW!  Patina Miller was ferocious & incandescent in Pippin.  I saw a Wednesday matinee later in the run, with a bunch of high school field trips in the balcony, and she gave everything.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#11OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:25am

I am a bit sad it’s not going into the Sondheim, though.

hearthemsing22
#12OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:25am

Weird…does anyone else see that the article seems to have disappeared from playbills website? Did someone reveal it too soon 

ElephantLoveMedley
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:30am

Omg, why is Harada not continuing? She was perfection. 

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#15OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:32am

Will it be eligible for the Tonys?

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#16OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:34am

Looks like Playbill spoke too soon!

The link still works, but it isn't on their homepage right now. Excited for this to be happening!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#17OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:35am

ljay889 said: "Omg, why is Harada not continuing? She was perfection."

So sad by this. Is Jackie Hoffman available? 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#18OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:35am

So happy this finally solidified. I’ve been giddy for weeks waiting for the announcement. And the replacements they secured are top-notch since couldn’t keep everyone from Encores.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#19OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:36am

From the Times 

“Jordan Roth said that the physical production would be the same as at City Center, with an onstage orchestra and minimal sets and costumes. “The simplicity and poetry of this production delivered this story right to our hearts,” he said.”

bwayobsessed
#20OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:36am

I didn’t make it to Encores but Brian as the baker seems perfect

Det95
#21OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:40am

Looks like I'm making a quick trip into the city in August. I feel like i can't miss this.

ColorTheHours048
#22OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:41am

ljay889 said: "From the Times

“Jordan Roth said that the physical production would be the same as at City Center, with an onstage orchestra and minimal sets and costumes. “The simplicity and poetry of this production delivered this story right to our hearts,” he said.”
"

This isn’t all that surprising to hear. It doesn’t need a set. The show and the performers are the stars, plus it saves the producers money and maximizes profit for the 8 weeks it runs.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#23OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:42am

OMG! I am so seeing this! 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ColorTheHours048
#24OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:43am

hearthemsing22 said: "Now tell us when tickets go on sale pleaseeeee (I read the article twice I don’t think it mentioned when)"

Tickets will be available via SeatGeek.com/into-the-woods beginning today at 10 AM ET. American Express® Card Members can purchase exclusive American Express® Access tickets at 10 AM ET by visiting SeatGeek.com.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#25OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
Posted: 5/26/22 at 8:51am

People were saying the transfer was D.O.A. because we didn't get an announcement at the final City Center performance, but, when the possibility of huge profits is there, producers will move heaven and earth, and this is a case in point. As has been said before, Sara Bareilles was the key, and, if she was on board from the beginning, it was always going to happen, one way or another.

Updated On: 5/26/22 at 08:51 AM