News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kip4

Member Name: Kip4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Phantom at LC Archive
 Oct 11 2023, 08:35:21 AM

Yeah, I know what the quality would be. I'm more interested if anyone has seen it and have impressions of the show and performances, like acting choices, pacing, interesting observations. Would indeed be a cool experience! 

Phantom at LC Archive
 Oct 10 2023, 02:36:05 PM

Has anyone managed to view the archive video of Phantom of the Opera at the LC Archives? Would love to hear reports on it. Is it as cool as I imagine it? 

Someone took and leaked nude photos at Take Me Out
 May 13 2022, 10:43:16 PM

This screams publicity stunt. You’re very gullible if you think otherwise. This is 2022, nothing is an accident. 

How important is auditioning with a unique monolouge?
 Nov 16 2021, 07:26:17 PM

You will be fine to use that for your audition!  Break a leg!

If you pursue acting and auditions out in the "real world," you'll want to be mindful of the pieces you choose.  When directors and auditioners see hundreds of actors, then your material matters a bit more.  

Flockhart and Quinto in "Virginia Woolf"
 Nov 2 2021, 06:59:46 PM

Calista Flockart is a brilliant actress.  I have no doubt she'll be amazing as Martha.  If you haven't seen it, check her out in Neil LaBute's "Medea Redux" at about the 33 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmcCHEb6cc8

Based on his recent performances, I hope Quinto can find a less affected way of acting.  To me, he's the odd casting choice.  

Is It Time For Performers To Renegotiate The 8 Show Week?
 Oct 16 2021, 10:08:27 PM

HogansHero said: "@Kip I think you might be surprised but that's not the point, which is that creating equations is not a meaningful way to assess things or negotiate. If that were the case, we'd make it about coal miners.

"

You assign far too much importance to opinions on message boards, yours included. 

Oct 16 2021, 09:30:31 PM

Hogan, nothing is “persuading me.” I simply meant that a 2 show day is not the same as a 12 hour shift in a hospital.  When put into perspective, there are much harder jobs. 

RippedMan - good point about the holidays. Alternating seems like a smart idea! I do think there are intelligent solutions to some of these issues. But as you said, it’s a grind!

Oct 16 2021, 05:52:20 PM

unclevictor said: "How to make an actor complain? Give em a job."

I hate to say it, but I think unclevictor has a point.  Of course an 8 show week is grueling.  But what's more grueling is being an actor who also works a full-time job and balances rehearsals and shows on top of that.  Try working an 8 hour shift and then going straight to the theatre to do a leading role.  At least in this case, the show IS their job.  There are so m

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Oct 6 2021, 03:15:38 PM

People realize that regardless of how she sings she is winning the Tony, right? 

Phantom to change to
 Oct 6 2021, 02:40:31 PM

AEA, ah yes!  Makes sense.  

Phantom to change to
 Oct 6 2021, 01:50:36 PM

I like how he said Phantom isn't all that expensive to run and yet they still had to cut costs in London.  Sigh...

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Oct 6 2021, 01:49:37 PM

RippedMan said: "Okay, comparing her to Lupone is silly. Sure everyone gets vocal coaching, but you have to work with whatcha got. And we can see what she's got. The coach isn't going to turn her into a Lupone if it's not there."

They're not comparing her to LuPone.  They're saying Beanie will great coaching, just like every star of a Broadway musical. 

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Oct 6 2021, 01:27:50 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Singing live and projecting to an audience iscompletely different. This video was done for an intimate tight shot on a close camera. That natural singing voice WAS intentional. She wasn’t “performing” it full out to the balcony.

Thank you so much for mansplaining that to us. However, every single one of her videos online sounds exactly like that. And that was her voice "pre-recorded" so................

Funny Girl 2022 Revival
 Oct 6 2021, 01:24:17 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: 

"1. She’s lip-syncing to a pre-recording.

2. Singing live and projecting to an audience iscompletely different. This video was done for an intimate tight shot on a close camera. That natural singing voice WAS intentional. She wasn’t “performing” it full out to the balcony.

3. She, like everyone who’d be singing the FUNNY GIRL score, will be getting more vocal coaching prior to the start of rehear

Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment
 Sep 24 2021, 03:44:00 PM

And they tweeted about it themselves.  This is not speculation. 

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release
 Sep 16 2021, 04:04:41 PM

Guys, Evan wouldn't like all this fighting.  He'd want us to be friends! 

Amy Adams To Star In West End GLASS MENAGERIE
 Sep 14 2021, 07:46:48 PM

I find the idea of two Toms absolutely ridiculous.  Messing with a play as beautifully written and structured as Menagerie is nothing but an ego trip for the director.  I hope Adams isn't stuck in another dud.  The Gillian Streetcar I actually loved.  I could even get behind the Sam Gold revival.  At least they kept the play intact.  

Amy Adams To Star In West End GLASS MENAGERIE
 Sep 13 2021, 09:18:29 PM

Inspired casting.  But two actors playing Tom?  Geez...

DEAR EVAN HANSEN film sets September 2021 release
 Sep 10 2021, 04:09:29 PM

I feel like this is what happens when you overstay your welcome.  Platt had his moment, it wasn't enough, he wanted more, so here we are.  Had Platt moved on and the movie been made in another five years or so, it might have fared better.  But I 100% agree with the critique of the show itself.  It's just not that good. 

TAKE ME OUT to be adapted as TV series
 Aug 9 2021, 04:30:23 PM

I wonder where it will end up.  I hope they keep the nudity. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You