pixeltracker

Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment

Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment
Posted: 9/24/21 at 3:41pm

Why this message board is deleting posts relating to this matter is beyond me. Playbill has published an article sharing the Twitter post and I hope Broadwayworld does the same. The mistreatment of Nora should be known and the perpetrators should be investigated to the fullest extent. Kate Shindle has also acknowledged the story and is “looking into it.”

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 9/24/21 at 03:41 PM

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#2Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment
Posted: 9/24/21 at 3:43pm

Goodness this production is turning out to be such a hot mess.

Kip4
#3Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment
Posted: 9/24/21 at 3:44pm

And they tweeted about it themselves.  This is not speculation. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#4Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment
Posted: 9/24/21 at 3:45pm

Mods, I know you have your rule about not sharing accusations unless they come from news outlets (even though this rule makes no sense in cases where social media offers primary sources). But now that Playbill has reported on it, surely you should be allowing it, right? If not, please explain why. 

EDIT: Looks like BroadwayWorld itself has now reported on it. There is now no excuse to delete this thread without explanation. 

Updated On: 9/24/21 at 03:45 PM

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#5Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment
Posted: 9/24/21 at 3:52pm

They probably did it due to the insensitive responses and homophobic counterresponses that were starting to populate.

Regardless, if this story is true (it’s far too believable not to be at least partially true), it’s inexcusable and the production and company managers 100% failed to do their job of protecting their company members.

#6Nora Schell Jagged Little Pill Mistreatment
Posted: 9/24/21 at 3:55pm

Hi Everyone - the original thread was full of messages misgendering Nora, as well as making inappropriate remarks in response to the allegations. Almost every message in the original thread was a violation of our rules and full of personal attacks.

It is the firm belief of BroadwayWorld that an anonymous message board is not the appropriate venue for a discussion about such important issues.

The allegations are currently being investigated by Equity, and we will report on any future developments made public.

We are locking this thread - and thank you for your understanding. 

Updated On: 9/24/21 at 03:55 PM