News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for seymour krelborn

seymour krelborn Profile Photo
Member Name: seymour krelborn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Summer Stock @ Goodspeed  Jul 30 2023, 09:59:20 PM

This is exactly how I felt as well! It very much could be a big big hit with a few tweaks. Corbin Bleu felt as if he stepped out of an MGM movie musical. It was just a show full of joy. 

& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?  Jul 6 2022, 12:17:58 PM

Excited this is finally coming to Broadway, but for 3 weeks? That's a bummer. I hope they are testing the water with ticket sales and leaving room for extension.

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022  Jun 3 2022, 10:24:28 AM

Looks like we get Nancy Opel as Cinderella's Stepmother per her FB :)

Long Wharf Theatre is vacating its home of 57 years; will present shows in theaters and nontraditional spaces around New Haven  Feb 24 2022, 11:03:44 AM
This is so sad. I know some people connected to LWT who have said they simply lost their lease on the property. Glad they are taking this as a positive and restructuring their approach, but I fear this may be the end. I hope I'm wrong.
BOM recording?  Feb 18 2022, 10:57:53 AM

Seems like it might be a reality? Can’t imagine he’d tweet something like this without plans in the works.

https://twitter.com/joshgad/status/1494689885931794435?s=20&t=oB1Sml0mBwKs77RkqbBZRg

Beetlejuice casting  Feb 11 2022, 01:10:25 PM

Re: Miss Argentina - Leslie talks about it on the most recent episode of Josh Lamon’s podcast Josh Swallows Broadway. Seems like it came down to she just didn’t want to do both and it was a nice way to give an ensemble member a feature. She hints that she didn’t want to come back at all but couldn’t pass up doing just Delia. 

Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY at Berkeley Rep - Previews & Reviews  Jan 27 2022, 04:28:40 PM

Saw this last night. Enjoyed it. It was refreshing to see a new piece of theater, with a new story and characters. I felt that every aspect of this show is giving 110% with the exception of the book. The book drags the show down immensely. The performances, the direction and the design were all top notch. I just wish there was a book to match. The jukebox nature of the music didn't bother me (with the exception of the placement of Devil's In my Head), but there needs to be a strong st

Has anyone seen « The Search for Intelligent… » with Cecily Strong at the Shed?  Jan 11 2022, 09:27:28 PM

Saw it from the very last row and thought it was fine. Dragged in places like many said. The rewrites seem to have led to a very disjointed new version. Nice to see Cecily on stage. She was good. Seeing what she can do on SNL, It felt to me that she was holding back from creating full characters. These characters for the most part are stereotypes (for a reason) and it seemed maybe she (or the director) didn’t want to lean into them for fear offending. Leading to none of her characters f

Is there any new talk about the future of BEETLEJUICE?  Nov 13 2020, 08:36:12 AM

Yesterday, on Anna Roisman's 'Unemployed' Podcast, Leslie Kritzer was on (it's a fun listen) and she said that there were plans to move the show to another venue. They also were supposed to film for a streaming service in April and she had to work vacation planning around that schedule before COVID hit. We'll see what happens going forward...

Sondheim / Drive-in Assassins?  Oct 5 2020, 10:19:20 AM

Play Esq - This was a one night remounting of a full 2015 production that ran for a month at The Warner theater in Torrington. The director is shopping options to bring this socially distanced staging other places in the Litchfield/Fairfield County areas. Fingers crossed!

Sondheim / Drive-in Assassins?  Oct 2 2020, 11:54:19 AM

Owen22 - It was great. They weren't all in cars. Each character was socially distanced around the drive in in various 'pods' of sorts. Byck was in the back of a pickup truck, as was Sarah Jane moore and a few others.  Guieteau was on a moving staircase, Zangara was sitting in his electric chair, The balladeer was on a stage. All of it being filmed and projected up on the drive in screen in real time. There  are pics here - https://www.facebook.com/sawilcox/posts/10158793808401550

Macbeth - he has a house very near the drive in itself, so my guess is it was a short trip for him.

TDF Down?  Jan 31 2020, 12:20:24 PM

Yes! I thought it was just me. I'm able to login and it brings me to a page with all my account info and options to sign up for TDF or donate. No show access

“CLUE” National Tour? Amateur rights?  Nov 19 2019, 11:14:47 AM

It is the Hunter Foster written adaptation that is being licensed through Broadway Licensing. It just seems arbitrary who they are licensing the show too (which I understand is their choice in the end, but we just want to give them money and do a show).

“CLUE” National Tour? Amateur rights?  Nov 18 2019, 12:14:34 PM

I too share your frustrations. I have applied for the rights a handful of times over the last two or so years for my community theater group and been denied with the excuse that the tour is happening. I can understand only allowing schools the rights to the student edition but much to my surprise another local theater group within a few miles of us were granted the rights and have announced it for their 2020 season. I wish they were more open about the restrictions. I'm still not sur

Renewing TDF Membership  Feb 1 2019, 02:20:46 PM

I was asked a month ago to renew (which is a thing that happens from time to time). I sent my renewal in and have yet to hear back and am still getting the "submit proof of eligibility" message from them. I've followed up multiple times and have now just given up. if it becomes a problem in buying tickets then i'll worry about it.

Celebrity Guest Spellers  Sep 10 2018, 09:45:48 AM

I was sitting behind Julie  Andrews and her daughter at a performance during Kids Night on Broadway a few years back. They called Julie (she was the Kid's Night ambassador that year) up and she got knocked out pretty quickly misspelling, funny enough, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. It was a fun night and she seemed to be having a blast. Hands down one of my favorite show going memories.

Onstage Blog: Casting Actors With A  Apr 26 2018, 11:33:16 AM

Peterson claims to be a champion of theater while doing everything in his power to antagonize and destroy it. He deletes comments that don't agree with his point of view and to top it all off, his "articles" are just poorly written.

Tony Host?  Apr 18 2018, 11:03:12 AM

Sara Bareilles just posted a video of her and Josh Groban announcing they are hosting the Tony's on her Twitter. I'm assuming this is official? No Press release anywhere it seems.

Edit: Now on playbill - http://www.playbill.com/article/sara-bareilles-and-josh-groban-will-host-the-2018-tony-awards

Theatre on Cable TV in 1980's  Jan 9 2018, 04:06:10 PM

Possibly this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084582/

METEOR SHOWER, Starring Amy Schumer, Takes the Booth in November  Aug 7 2017, 11:49:18 AM

I'm fine with Schumer (don't hate her but also don't love her) and think she has good comedic timing but this role is a sweet, sexually naive young woman which Schumer does not scream. I hope she proves me wrong.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You