News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for peapod36

peapod36 Profile Photo
Member Name: peapod36
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Good news for THE PRODUCERS
 Sep 17 2006, 01:34:07 PM

For those people who think this show has been around long enough, I would only say that I saw it in St. Louis and thought it was the funniest show I've ever seen, and I liked the movie though mostly because of Roger Bart and Gary Beach. I still think it's funny.
As for shows who were on Broadway too long, I can only say one word: CATS. I never wanted to see this show and I don't understand why people loved watching actors pretending to be singing dancing cats. "Memory" is th

re: KISSES TO GARY BEACH - LAST PRODUCERS PERFORMANCE
 Aug 26 2006, 10:08:36 PM

Everybody on this board knows I like Gary Beach as Roger and I'm sure he'll make a great Thenadier. I wonder if he's glad to know he won't be wearing a dress this time. :)

re: How Do You Feel When A Favorite Broadway Singer Does a Straight Play?
 Aug 26 2006, 10:04:34 PM

Speaking strictly from an audience perspective,I think it would be interesting to see a perfomer I think has a great voice
act in a play,just to see them in a different light.

re: Subway spottings
 Aug 22 2006, 12:14:08 PM

With the price of gas,I'm surprised anyone in NY drives anywhere.

re: The new and improved Broadway name game
 Aug 21 2006, 09:37:29 PM

Roger Bart

re: Today's Birthdays 8/21
 Aug 21 2006, 12:42:59 PM

It's MY birthday!

re: re: re: The one B'Way song stuck in your head?
 Aug 19 2006, 08:16:57 PM

"Let's start at the very beginning,a very good place to start"...
Also, " I wanna be a producer with a hit show on Broadway"

re: My favorite Merman quote
 Aug 16 2006, 06:52:03 PM

Just when I think these stories couldn't get funnier,they do.
They don't make em like her anymore.

re: Who's Your Favorite Funny Actor?
 Aug 16 2006, 06:41:27 PM

Gary Beach, for all of those reasons. Also Nathan Lane for timing and delivery.

re: My favorite Merman quote
 Aug 16 2006, 01:41:25 AM

I heard this on Biography. She had the Duke and Duchess of Windsor over for dinner and lots of famous people were invited and after dinner everyone got up to dance except for the Duke and Duchess. Merman walked over to him and said " Hey,Duke! Get off your ass and dance with your wife. He did.

re: Your Most Embarassing Theatre Moment
 Aug 14 2006, 10:08:56 PM

This isn't an acting story,but I guess it counts. In high school,I was on the stage crew when we did Once Upon a Mattress.
So the time comes for the curtain cue and I signaled my friend to lower the curtain and she did but the curtain stopped coming down about halfway because the hinges were rusty,and still are I think. So the director ran over and yelled at me and I said
I DID cue her! The curtain is STUCK!. Funny now,but I get really irritated when people yell at me.

re: Gary Beach encounters
 Aug 14 2006, 09:52:13 PM

No,Jon. That's not exactly what I meant,but nice try anyway.
:)

re: Hottest person on broadway?
 Aug 12 2006, 02:05:53 AM

Hugh Jackman is gorgeous first of all and I know this is off topic,but does anyone else think Norbert Butz is kind of a goofy name? He's probably a really good actor though.

re: Gary Beach encounters
 Aug 12 2006, 01:32:00 AM

Money is the reason I'm not coming to New York anytime soon,for those who were wondering. If I had Paris Hilton money,I go in a second! Also I have seen The Producers and Phantom (twice) in St. Louis. I go there for my cultural experiences. haha

Gary Beach encounters
 Aug 11 2006, 12:01:06 PM
Since I live in the Midwest,I won't get to come to NY to see Gary Beach in Les Mis.( sob!)I'd like to know from people who have taken pictures with him or talked with him after a show what he is really like.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You