News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for terrilovesNY

terrilovesNY Profile Photo
Member Name: terrilovesNY
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 20 2024, 11:16:33 PM

Saw this on Wednesday and agree this is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Spectacular performances all around, and I’m so excited for a cast album. So happy for these reviews and hoping it might lead to an extension through the summer, I’d love to see this again on my next trip in July. 

MARY JANE Previews
 Apr 19 2024, 10:44:37 PM

I’m seeing this tomorrow, rear orchestra, how is the sound? Earlier preview reports indicated it was hard to hear some of the dialog at times. 

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews
 Apr 19 2024, 05:48:30 PM

bdboston said: "Anyone have insight as to stage height? Row AA center orchestra is available for many shows. Advice appreciated! Thank you!"

Saw this last night from AA109 and WOW amazing view. (Stage is low, you do miss the actors feet, a few scenes are blocked once or twice by some set pieces, nothing major at all). I saw this at The Public and yes,  I understand the criticisms of the book and yes it could be trimmed a bit but I haven’t had such

Just a thank you
 Apr 14 2024, 07:46:01 PM

Thank you dramamama for starting this post, as I’d like to echo the same sentiments. I’ve been an avid reader of the board & just recently started adding some of my thoughts. I appreciate the discussions, reviews, seating advice, discounts, rush, lotto & TDF reports. I’m headed to NYC midweek, have 8 shows planned & am keeping an open mind about a few of them…..

Stereophonic, Uncle Vanya, Hell’s Kitchen, Suffs, (both seen at the Public) M

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 8 2024, 01:39:50 PM

I bought my ticket via Telecharge, called customer service, and they were extremely helpful. There were tickets available for the same performance,  I chose to buy front mezz at $120, other options were partial view orch or more expensive orch/front mezz. I was informed this would be a final sale. Good luck!

STEREOPHONIC Previews
 Apr 7 2024, 07:56:16 PM

ak72090 said: "Oh no this scares me, I got a ticket to read mezz row E, and looking at available seats now I’d be paying triple to sit row B or closer. Can anyone chime in, is the view that bad that I should look into exchanging? Thank you

update: I exchanged for front mezz row B that brought the ticket from 40 to 120, but I’m really excited for this show so it wasn’t worth the risk I guess
"

I had the same ticket and also upgr

THE WIZ Previews
 Apr 2 2024, 03:10:41 AM

Link to the Playbill article, but it doesn’t indicate which lottery platform. There is no performance on 4/3 so perhaps the lottery will start tomorrow for the 4/4 performance. 

https://playbill.com/article/how-to-get-45-tickets-to-the-wiz-on-broadway

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews
 Mar 30 2024, 11:55:30 AM

alovingfan said: "How obstructive are those extreme side mezzanie and front orchestra seats?"

I saw this last month, 2nd week in previews, was offered partial view C16 (last seat, house right) for $89 as rush was sold out when I got to the window. It was great seeing the actors so close, but did miss out on the full view of the set, a few moments on stage left, and the few scenes that included an upper walkway on stage. One of the boxes also overhangs this seat, whic

SUFFS Previews
 Mar 26 2024, 08:15:50 PM

Saw this at The Public, strong cast (loved Grace McLean and wish Phillipa Soo transferred) and enjoyed the music. I was excited to hear this was being reworked and headed to Broadway. I felt the show needed some cuts, especially the time spent on Alice Paul in jail. Looking forward to preview reports & hope to see this on my trip next month. I’m also a fan of the merch!

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Mar 22 2024, 04:43:06 PM

OH, MERCH!
 I got an email that merch is now available by creative goods. Exciting! Has anyone seen it for sale in the theater? 

LEMPICKA Previews
 Mar 20 2024, 07:42:23 AM

Could anyone in attendance comment on seat locations? Would the first few rows be too close and considered a partial view?  Thoughts on mezzanine or orchestra? Thanks! 

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Feb 29 2024, 08:23:02 PM

Saw this last weekend and what an incredibly fun ride! Cole Escola brilliantly brings Mary to life and Mary delights in tormenting this superb cast. Sets, lighting, costumes, wigs & music selections are perfection. 

DOUBT 2024 Previews
 Feb 28 2024, 06:38:38 PM

I purchased an orchestra box seat listed as partial view for a Saturday matinee, a few days prior I received an email from Roundabout stating those seats were sold in error and they were relocating me to rear orchestra. I was glad to have a full view of the stage and the set is beautiful. Having not seen the movie or the previous Broadway staging,  I will echo what most are saying here, this is a great play stuck in a rather dull production.  

Patrick Page + Shakespeare Villains = Great!
 Feb 26 2024, 10:19:19 PM

Saw this over the weekend and couldn’t agree more. Patrick Page is giving a master class. I’m not very well versed on the Shakespeare villains, this show drew me in from start to finish and was the best, biggest surprise of my weekend theater trip!  Highly recommend! 

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews
 Feb 26 2024, 09:43:55 PM

Saw this on Sunday, via TDF, rear mezz, 3rd row, L center, full view. It’s  been a while since I’ve been in the Imperial, abysmal legroom up there, thankfully I had an aisle seat. Having not read the book or seen the movie,  I would also say I’m in the minority of those who enjoyed this. As for the set, it is as gritty and minimal as I would expect from this rag tag circus group. Let’s face it, they were not Ringling Bros. As for the animals, they c

‘The Notebook’ General Rush.
 Feb 24 2024, 10:00:03 AM

I rushed on Thursday morning, got to the theater at 8:10, was 7th in line, the next person came at 8:20 & the line grew steadily after that to what I would estimate to be 25ish when the box office opened  The person in front of me got the last rush tix for the day, which seemed to be the box seats. I was offered $89 partial view, R orch C16, which is 2nd row, last seat on the aisle. While it is great being so close & plenty of leg room, most of the action does happen ce

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Feb 17 2024, 10:08:03 AM

Any discounts for Uncle Vanya? 

DOUBT 2024 Previews
 Feb 17 2024, 07:58:15 AM

I purchased a right orch box seat, marked as partial view, could anyone provide staging info for this production and what might be missed from this angle? Thanks!

Recent rush experiences
 Feb 17 2024, 07:52:43 AM

Has anyone had rush experience at The Notebook? Suggestions on what time to get to the box office and seat locations? I know this also has a lottery, but I’ve only seen it posted for certain performances. Headed to NY midweek, so I’m hoping a weeknight has better availability. Thanks!

GUTENBERG! How Early for Rush Tickets?
 Jan 21 2024, 07:34:40 PM

Hello! Arriving Thursday morning and headed right to Gutenberg! for rush, hoping to be there no later than 8:00am.  Has anyone had any experiences with rush this last week? I do see they also offer SRO, when sold out and would be happy with this as well. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You