News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LondonSean

Member Name: LondonSean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Minetta Lane Theatre Seating Questions
 May 19 2008, 09:21:09 PM
I'm in B1, sounds ok...
re: We Will Rock You on Broadway
 May 19 2008, 09:18:30 PM
WWRY represents everything that is bad about musical theatre. Crass, trashy (and not in a good way), over commercial rubbish with no heart or soul, and of course borrowed tunes (better heard played by Queen on cd or in their wonderful videos).

Thanks the lord that Broadway will not be succumbing….

re: Doggie Bag Policy
 May 19 2008, 08:39:13 PM
Also interesting, doggie bags seem popular and routine in NYC. They are the exception in London, I have never seen anyone asking for one, or anyone with one, nor has anyone I know ever asked for one (as far as I know…). I think that take out and proper restaurants are more clearly defined in London than in NYC; in New York you can get take out from so many proper restaurants, that would not be so normal here.

re: Doggie Bag Policy
 May 19 2008, 08:30:35 PM
Long response, as stuff like this is so interesting!

Bringing in hot food to the auditorium is not on, it offends other people. If the food is cold/lukewarm, sealed up, doesn’t smell and is out of sight, that is fine (why would it be offensive? You can’t see or smell it).

I go to the theatre in London most nights, so I very occasional due to strained circumstances have a sandwich and/or apple in my briefcase for the interval. If I’m with friends, I might even bring somet

re: Cheap single tickets for sale. Catered Affair, New Century, Country Girl
 May 19 2008, 07:53:23 PM
Bump.

Anyone; make an insulting offer. I'll accept!

re: Cheap single tickets for sale. Catered Affair, New Century, Country Girl
 May 17 2008, 09:24:07 AM
Catered Affair is sold.

I wanna get rid of the others too!

Cheap single tickets for sale. Catered Affair, New Century, Country Girl
 May 16 2008, 10:34:35 AM
Dear All,

I have a few spare tickets for my forthcoming Broadway trip, and I wonder if anyone would like to buy them, I’ll take less than the face value:

(All single tickets, and I’ll meet you at the theatre which we can arnage, I’m either attending the show or one nearby)

Wed 28th May, 2pm: A Catered Affair, Balcony, was $39 with fees. Will take $10.

Thurs 29th May, 8pm: The New Century (Lincoln Centre), Orchestra, $82 with fees. Make a sensible offer!

re: Pre-Order SOUTH PACIFIC for only $9.99! - also, check out recording session video.
 May 9 2008, 11:03:21 AM
Wow, 'I'm in Love' with this show!

Thanks so much for bringing this video to my attention, it just makes me more excited about my forthcoming trip to Broadway and seeing South Pacific in particular! Plus the cast recording itself looks like a very well made product indeed.

re: Movies that could be Broadway musicals
 Jul 15 2007, 10:28:54 PM
I agree that original works seem more worthy, but rehashes can be fun.

I second Bullets Over Broadway. And Little Miss Sunshine could be done with some thought and effort, anything can be ‘done’!

May sound silly, but what about some kind of James Bond musical? I’d also like to see a David Lynch musical, but not on Broadway, an art piece for a small cast or an opera (image that, Lynch to music, crazy). But someone really is doing an opera of Lost Highway in London, but I woul

re: TKTS
 Jul 15 2007, 09:58:11 PM
Yes, they tend to sell the tickets 'front to back', or whatever they have in order, no choices (thought the staff will sometimes make an exception if they're feeling happy and/or you're cute enough!).

Remember that ticket availibility can fluctuate. By that I mean sometimes shows can send over (transfer or whatever) more tickets as the day goes on. This is only a possibility, so don't take a chance unless you are totally set on a specific show (otherwise the second choice show may not

re: Your Ideal New York City Vacation: What to See, Where to Eat, What to D
 Jul 15 2007, 09:42:15 PM
Every minute will be filled, discovering things and places. You might walk into the Frick Collection and leave astounded, spot an historic synagouge in the Lower East Side, visit a huge second hand bookshop, taste the greatest pasteires and pizza of your life (not at the same time), talk to the suprisingly friendly locals on the subway (seriously, such a lovely lady with her kid talked to me all the way from Jamaica to Lexington and 50th-?) or on the lettered avenues (another lovely lady, who t
 Jul 15 2007, 09:42:07 PM
Every minute will be filled, discovering things and places. You might walk into the Frick Collection and leave astounded, spot an historic synagouge in the Lower East Side, visit a huge second hand bookshop, taste the greatest pasteires and pizza of your life (not at the same time), talk to the suprisingly friendly locals on the subway (seriously, such a lovely lady with her kid talked to me all the way from Jamaica to Lexington and 50th-?) or on the lettered avenues (another lovely lady, who t
 Jul 15 2007, 08:56:16 PM
Gosh, a little bit of help/insider advice is nice and friendly, but you're doggedly seeking ultra specific advice (and VALIDATION!) about everything (and by now, not listening to anything that challenges the status quo!). You clearly have the internet (but strangely not the inclination to seek out information independently); there are thousands of sites about NYC, hundreds of online maps, and even specific forums to discuss these tourist things (and not specifically theatre, which is the main p
re: GOING TO LONDON IN JUNE ----HOTEL?
 Mar 3 2007, 07:46:22 PM
Just for the record London Restaurants are some of the best in the world; there are some awful tourist places just like in NYC or any big city.

Try The Wolseley on Piccadilly for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Have a superb fish meal at J Sheekey off St Martin' Lane (v showbiz), eat real Turkish in Dalston (East London) or Indian in Southall (West London), have a cheap but great pizza/pasta/burger at Cafe Mode on Endell St (or have excellent Fish and Chips with mushy peas at the Chip Shop

re: Is this OVERKILL?
 Oct 30 2006, 09:45:23 PM
I live in London, I see a show more or less every night (West End, fringe, out of town), I saw over 365 a few years ago (I was on an awards panel though)! All my holidays involve theatre or opera (shows in NY, Edinburgh Festival, Ring Cycle and plays in Berlin, Opera and dance in Paris, Stratford upon Avon for the RSC etc).

I'm in NY in November (20-29):
Mon: Heartbreak House
Tues: Little Dog Laughed
Wed: Company and The Vertical Hour
Thurs (Thanksgiving): Radio City (I

re: SPAMALOT - Balcony Row B?
 Oct 11 2006, 06:52:00 PM
I had the cheapest seats in the balc, view was fine, leg room 'limited'!
re: Sunday in the Park OLCR
 Oct 11 2006, 06:35:34 PM
Wonderful recording of a superb production. Daniel Evans totally owned the role, his acting is superb in real life- a absolute talent (and cute!)
re: Pirate Queen, few thoughts Part I
 Oct 10 2006, 04:57:39 PM

Ex-US Senator Mitchell certainly did chair the all party talks that led to the Belfast Agreement (Good Friday Agreement), and his personal involvement was important (as was the involvement of people like President Clinton). But I do take exception to the idea that he (or any foreign intervention) somehow solved the problem. The people of Northern Ireland (who initially pressured their representatives into making concessions and eventually voted for the agreement), the British Government (

Broadway questions...
 Sep 18 2006, 09:35:19 PM
Hello lovely Broadway types, I really love reading your comments and postings. Keep up the good work.

Anyway, I’m a London theatre lover, and an ardent Broadway fan too. But I would like some advice please:

I’m coming to Broadway (well, New York actually) from 20-29 Nov (I changed the flight by one day this morning so I can catch the first preview of the Apple Tree- I had a non changeable ticket but I begged the British Airways woman and she so kindly changed it for free!), a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You