News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

TKTS

mwjr16 Profile Photo
mwjr16
#1TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:33am

I'm going into the city tomorrow and I want to see a show, what has been on the board recently?

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#2re: TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:48am

Man, I love google. :)

LISTED BELOW ARE BROADWAY and OFF-BROADWAY SHOWS THAT APPEARED ON THE BOARDS AT THE TKTS® BOOTH JULY 2-8

BROADWAY
110 IN THE SHADE
A CHORUS LINE
AVENUE Q
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
CHICAGO
CURTAINS
DEUCE
FROST/NIXON
GREY GARDENS
HAIRSPRAY
INHERIT THE WIND
LES MISERABLES
MAMMA MIA!
MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT
OLD ACQUAINTANCE
RENT
SPRING AWAKENING
TARZAN
THE 25TH ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE
THE COLOR PURPLE
THE DROWSY CHAPERONE
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
XANADU

OFF-BROADWAY
10 MILLION MILES
ALTAR BOYZ
AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE
BEYOND GLORY
EURYDICE
FORBIDDEN BROADWAY
GASLIGHT
GAZILLION BUBBLE SHOW
GONE MISSING
I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE PERFECT, NOW CHANGE
IN A DARK, DARK HOUSE
IN THE HEIGHTS
MONDAY NIGHT MAGIC
MY MOTHER'S ITALIAN, MY FATHER'S JEWISH
NAKED BOYS SINGING!
PERFECT CRIME
STOMP
THE FANTASTICKS
THE J.A.P. SHOW

http://www.tdf.org/TDF_SupportPage.aspx?id=51&do=v

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight
Updated On: 7/11/07 at 01:48 AM

TapTapTapioca
#2re: TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 2:16am

Wow almost every single Musical nominated for any award at the Tony's are up there. The only two that I don't see up there are Legally Blonde (which won 0) and Mary Poppins- go figure.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#3re: TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 6:09am

You can also go to tdf.org and see what's been up there for the past week.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#4re: TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 10:51am

Question-
Is A Chorus Line continuing on with the tradition of saving some extra tickets for TKTS as the original production did?

viola13
#5re: TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 12:24pm

Gypsy was also on the boards yesterday.

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#6re: TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 12:31pm

i will recommend you to see Curtains, Rent,Mamma mia.
I will suggest Beauty and he Beast since its closing this month.

Hank
#7re: TKTS
Posted: 7/11/07 at 1:42pm

The last couple of times I went to tkts, people in front of me asked for Mamma Mia and were disappointed. Best go to broadwaybox.com for that one, for a few bucks more. Curtains may also be iffy.
Even though they may be listed on the board, they may be sold out by the time you get there, or there may be a few single seats available here and there, so have a plan b or c in mind ahead of time.
To get an idea go to the bway grosses (insider info on the left), and if a show is under 90% and average price under $80, your odds are good, especially on a week night.

adampascalgal Profile Photo
adampascalgal
#8re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:17pm

Okay, please don't laugh at me, but I have never purchased tickets from TKTS before, and I tried to read on the TDF website about how it works, but I am confused.

Do they sell advance tickets or is it only for the day of the show? Also, can you get 50% off the cheapest seats available?

Any info anyone has on how the process works would be great!

"All they say Is "Trust in What Is Writen." Wars are made. And somehow that is wisdom. Thought is suspect, And money is their idol, And nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#9re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:37pm

Day of. Unless you're getting matinee for the next day at the South Street Seaport outlet.

And I think it's 50% of the highest non-premium ticket price. So $50-60 or so for Broadway shows and $20-40 for off-Broadway. Roughly. Although sometimes it's only 35% off.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#10re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:40pm

Do they sell advance tickets or is it only for the day of the show?

Day of only, with the exception of at the South Street location only you can get matinee tix the day before.

Also, can you get 50% off the cheapest seats available?

The only experience I've ever had with TKTS was 50% off of the full price orch/front mezz/highest regular ticket price seats.

I do not believe they'll, for example, sell a $25 back row seat at Drowsy, or a $26.50 back row seat at The Color Purple, or whatnot, for 50% off...but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

eta: I am a slower typer than jordangirl. :)
Updated On: 7/13/07 at 12:40 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#11re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:44pm

Sometimes (not often) they offer Mezz seats for half off. Updated On: 7/13/07 at 12:44 PM

adampascalgal
#12re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:48pm

Thanks so much for the info, so do they discount the cheaper mezz seats at all?

"All they say Is "Trust in What Is Writen." Wars are made. And somehow that is wisdom. Thought is suspect, And money is their idol, And nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#13re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:52pm

I think that's what ljay was saying. VERY rarely if at all.

If you're seated in the mezz, the difference in price is considered a donation to tdf. Just like with the TDF tickets.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#14re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 12:57pm

I've only had TKTS mezz seats twice, and both times they were front mezz, which were the same price as orch seats for these shows.

Do they really have rear mezz seats on TKTS?

viola13
#15re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 1:02pm

I got a 50% off back mezz seat for the closing show of Company. That's the only time I've seen them sell a lower-than-top-price ticket, though.

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#16re: TKTS
Posted: 7/13/07 at 3:09pm

I wonder why Legally Blonde hasn't been up there. They haven't been sold out lately, I think they've actually only been around 85% full. I'm sure if they were up there they'd sell more tickets.

adampascalgal
#17re: TKTS
Posted: 7/14/07 at 7:48pm

Okay, I promise this will be my two last questions, but does anyone know what time the tickets actually go on sale?

Also, do they have a phone number that you can call to ask questions, so I can stop bugging all of you?

Thanks again for all your help so far!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#18re: TKTS
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:02pm

Tickets go on sale when the booth opens- you can find booth hours on the TKTS section of the TDF website.
TKTS page

adampascalgal
#19re: TKTS
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:37pm

Thanks, but that site seems really confusing, I think it is trying to say evening tix go on sale at 3 p.m. at Times Sq. and 11 am at the Seaport?

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#20re: TKTS
Posted: 7/14/07 at 8:42pm

Times Square
Hours:
For evening performances:
Monday - Saturday: 3pm - 8pm
Sundays: 3pm until one-half hour before the latest curtain time being sold

South Street Seaport
Hours:
For evening performances: Monday - Saturday: 11am - 6pm
Sundays: 11am - 4pm

Yes.

TapTapTapioca
#21re: TKTS
Posted: 7/15/07 at 2:31am

I one time got the front row of rear Mezzanine from TKTS which oddly enough was for...Company.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

broadwayboy1017
#22re: TKTS
Posted: 7/15/07 at 5:09am

Legally Blonde doesnt need to be on TKTS yet, they have a HUGE advance

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#23re: TKTS
Posted: 7/15/07 at 10:58am

I didn't think I needed to start a new thread on this.

I am not familar with tkts and I am extremely confused about how to do it. That might sound stupid but I dont get how to read the boards and figure out if a show is sold out or what seats are available. Can someone please help me?

theaterlover45 Profile Photo
theaterlover45
#24re: TKTS
Posted: 7/15/07 at 11:50am

anyone?

Videos