News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Norma D

Norma D Profile Photo
Member Name: Norma D
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Robert Goulet in Critical Condition
 Oct 23 2007, 04:24:35 PM
I knew a lovely lady who never smoked that died from this disease. It's a terrible way to go. She hung on for a couple of years. It's so sad to see someone with such a powerful voice have to go through this.
re: King and I with Hayley Mills
 Oct 19 2007, 03:39:52 PM
I saw the show when it came to my area and she was ok. It's my favorite musical so I couldn't help but like it but she wasn't particularly outstanding.
re: Best Anything Goes Recording?
 Oct 15 2007, 10:50:09 AM
The 1989 London recording with Elaine Paige is my favorite. I prefer her voice to Patti's especially for the song "Anything Goes."
re: Favorite West End/British Stars???
 Aug 17 2007, 09:46:25 AM
<-------Elaine Paige!! She is fabulous!
re: Elaine Paige in sweeney todd ?
 Aug 16 2007, 03:36:08 PM
I saw her performance-I thought she was quite good. I think Angela Lansbury is still the difinitive. Obviously I am an Elaine fan-so I might be biased but I really enjoyed her in it. Others will make comments to the contrary as I found out by previous discussions I have had on this board. IMO She was fab at Worst Pies in London! :)
re: Any CHESS Fans?
 Aug 16 2007, 10:39:06 AM
I love Chess! I have only heard the original concept album--(so I don't know if I would like the Broadway recording or not)I love it! It's one of my favorite Elaine Paige recordings. I'll admit because I haven't seen the show the plot seems kind of confusing? But I love the music!!
re: Songs That Make You Cry No Matter How Many Times You Listen to them....
 Aug 9 2007, 12:54:53 PM
I think the title of it is No One is Alone from Into the Woods. Never fails I weep every time!!
re: Barbra, Glenn or Meryl for SUNSET BLVD?
 Aug 9 2007, 11:46:10 AM
Ok--Meryl is my pick of the three mentioned. I love Babs but--Norma? Really? I just don't see it! So here's my favorite Norma and if it were 5 years ago she would have had the voice for it--I know she doesn't so much anymore but I can dream right? Elaine Paige (which sometimes I must say I feel like I'm the last of the die hard EP fans on this board ) So here is my dream Norma--

It's been a long time since I posted a picture so I hope this works! By the way--why has Elaine's voice gone so downhill over the last few years? She's younger than Babs whose voice I think is still remarkable for her age---Why oh why did it happen to EP? Ok--done ranting!:)

re: Most erotic moment?
 Jun 22 2007, 02:28:44 PM
I agree-the scene from The King and I! That scene has so much chemistry. And the scene from South Pacific during Some Enchanted Evening. The way that song builds and the way they kiss at the end. I don't need to watch the sex happening--those kind of moments that leave something to the imagination-that's erotic!
re: Chess CD Question
 Jun 8 2007, 01:46:06 PM
I agree with you NCGuy--I listened to the one that was the larger 2 disc release--the volume was junk! I bought the slim jewel cased 2 discs and it was definitely an improvement but not by any means the kind of sound quality we are used to with newer CD's.
re: Patti - diva?
 May 22 2007, 11:28:02 AM
I agree that she might have been upset being told last minute--but treating her fans so rudely isn't necessary. She could have apologized or explained what happened instead of reacting the way she did and storming off like they were an annoyance to her. I understand having a bad day but these are people who paid to see her and adore her-she could have been civil!
re: Name a West End Musical you wish had opened on Broadway but never did
 May 18 2007, 12:11:58 PM
Elaine Paige!
Oh ok--she's not a show but come on--when will she ever get another show on Broadway!!! I just don't have the dough to hop a plane to London whenever she's in something! I guess I just need to live there.

re: Applause cast recording?
 Feb 2 2007, 09:01:56 PM
I finally got my hands on a copy. I really like it a lot! Alive is a fabulous song. I love the overture. I think there are several other good numbers as well. Too bad this has never been revived!
re: Thoughts On Patti LuPone Revival Of Little Night Music
 Jan 8 2007, 11:52:07 AM
I've heard more than one interview of Elaine Paige where she expressed interest in playing Desiree. I think she would be awesome however I'm sure my dream of seeing her on Broadway would never happen. If she got the part it would almost definitely be in the West End.
I agree with others that Patti doesn't have the right look or voice. She's not European enough to pull it off! Glenn Close--please don't make me cry!

re: Applause cast recording?
 Dec 29 2006, 12:05:55 PM
I really love All About Eve which is another reason this interests me. How much does Lauren actually sing? I wouldn't expect her to be very good--she has a distinctive voice but not exactly a pretty voice.
Applause cast recording?
 Dec 29 2006, 11:09:45 AM
I just was reading about Betty Comden and got interested in the musical Applause. I can't check it out at my local library and I'm not sure I want to buy it off Amazon until I know more about it. Does anyone have any thoughts on it--did you like it etc? I'd appreicate your info--
Thanks

re: Gloria Swanson and 'Sunset Boulevard'
 Dec 17 2006, 09:19:38 AM
I watched it last night on AMC. It's one of my favorite movies. You'll notice when watching it some of the dialogue is exactly like the lyrics to the songs in the musical. I love that about it! IMO--Elaine Paige looked the most like Gloria Swanson and sang it better than any other Norma! (If you couldn't tell from my avatar!)
re: Lansbury in 'The King and I'
 Oct 30 2006, 05:18:07 PM
I never knew Angela was in 'The King and I'--one of my all time fave shows!! I second the wish that they had made a recording of her in it!
re: American Idol Contestants that should make it to Broadway
 Oct 27 2006, 09:34:06 AM
Clay Aiken--anyone? I think he has the most terrific voice--always sounded kind of musical theatre-ish to me.
Mandisa--was my favorite last season--too bad her song choice was so wrong on the country music night--I don't know if she could act but WOW what pipes she has!!

re: Unpopular Opinions 2
 Oct 24 2006, 10:36:56 AM
Patti LuPone's voice grates my nerves!
Elaine Paige was the best Norma and should have been chosen for the film over Glenn!(if it ever gets made that is:))
I loved Roz Russel in the film of Gypsy. Other than that I don't really like Gypsy at all!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You