News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Casey3

Member Name: Casey3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Did Rob Marshall think NINE was going to be the next CABARET?
 Jan 30 2010, 10:28:04 PM
I wish the ones who hate this film for not being the show would just come out and say it. I knew from the moment the film was announced that there were going to be purists who, even before seeing the film, would hate it for not being directed by a Broadway director, for not including Broadway actors and for not being the Broadway show, verbatim. The same is true of the 8 1/2 fanatics who never once uttered a word against the musical until now. There isn't anything actually WRONG with the film. I
Did Rob Marshall think NINE was going to be the next CABARET?
 Jan 29 2010, 08:18:29 PM
I'm not 100% convinced that Rob THOUGHT anything. He's not the typical looking-for-success-in-Hollywood type. He had the opportunity to create his vision of Nine and he did it. He actually recently did an interview where he acknowledge that some people may have been expecting something different than what was produced and seemed at peace with what he created regardless of public reaction. Remember, he still has the stage to fall back on. Hollywood is not his home and he seems to realize that.
re: Performances that were not only denied a Tony nomination, but they shou
 Jun 22 2007, 11:11:46 AM
I think Claudia McNeil should've won Best Actress.
re: Performances that were not only denied a Tony nomination, but they shou
 Jun 21 2007, 01:32:45 PM
Didn't see this anywhere; Loretta Devine in Dreamgirls.
re: 'Dreamgirls' advanced screening in D.C.
 Nov 14 2006, 06:29:22 PM
I'm goin' to the Chicago one as well. Press will be there so whoop and holler and make this film look good. LOL.
re: 'DREAMGIRLS' film is EW's Cover Story this week!
 Nov 12 2006, 11:47:54 PM
I, too, got an "invitation only" to Dreamgirls on Wednesday here in Chicago.
re: Dreamgirls Book.
 Nov 6 2006, 09:23:40 AM
I bought it last Tuesday and haven't put it down since!!!! It is such a good read, and only makes me want to see the film more. I've been told that the film differs much from the book (backstory details and such) so I'm sure neither will take away from the other. Get it!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so good!!!!!!!!!!!!
re: New Song 'Listen' from Dreamgirls Movie
 Oct 27 2006, 09:36:43 PM
The full soundtrack shouldn't be available on the net yet.
re: New Song 'Listen' from Dreamgirls Movie
 Oct 27 2006, 05:46:17 PM
Show's how much they know; Bill Condon is NOT british. >-(
What ARE you talking about? !
 Oct 24 2006, 10:41:52 AM
I actually think this is a smart move. By being so blatant about it, the filmmakers are encouraging audiences to NOT take the whole Supremes similarity thing seriously. With the stage show, most people criticized the creators because there was a perception that by not being direct (Chicago instead of Detroit, etc.) the filmmakers were covering up the fact that they were REALLY talkin' about the Supremes. With the film, I believe Condon is using the images and factoids about the Supremes as like
re: One Night Only - The Dreamgirls Love Thread
 Oct 21 2006, 03:31:33 PM
Check out the Official Website. IT'S GONE LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
re: Will Dreamgirls be the next Chicago?
 Oct 19 2006, 03:23:46 PM
Seeing as the same guy who turned Chicago into a filmable script is both the writer AND director of DREAMGIRLS, there should be no doubt. Plus, his writing of Chicago earned 4 of its actors nominations with one of them winning. And his direction has led to nods for Ian McKellen and Laura Linney.

Here's an interesting question, though; Will Dreamgirls the MOVIE become as legendary in film as the SHOW did in theatre?

If so, forget CHICAGO. This may end up being up there with

re: DREAMGIRLS TRAILER now at MTV.com
 Oct 19 2006, 09:34:09 AM
I think EVERYONE in this film will be fine, but apparently that's just me. Anywho, I do hope this film takes home plenty of Oscars, but what the hell is up with putting the film's main lead in supporting? In my opinion this role is too big (and according to early screening audiences so is the performance) to be put in Supporting? Someone said it was to ensure a win. Do they REALLY want it to be THAT easy? No suprise or competition or anything? Or is there less faith in Ms. Hudson by the studio t
re: Short DREAMGIRLS Soundtrack Review
 Oct 18 2006, 09:23:46 AM
Yes, you must of gotten the "highlights" CD, because Family was one of the scenes shown in the celebrated Cannes preview. How did you come by this advanced CD?
re: ACL Revival Recording Review
 Oct 13 2006, 07:03:59 PM
All I heard was a clip of Sing and I must say I like that she actually sings off pitch instead of shouting and tryin' to make it seem like flat SINGING like the original Kristine.
re: Dreamgirls Revival Casting Ideas
 Oct 13 2006, 06:27:59 PM
I see Fantasia's name on the list and I'm guessing its more for Lorrell than anything else. That would seem the obvious choice, and while I think she could do Ain't No Party some much needed justice (Heather, luv ya but NO), I don't think she could hit the super high harmony parts required for the group numbers that Lorrell is major part of. That's probably why she auditioned for Effie in the film instead of Lorrell. Hmmm.....................
re: Jennifer Hudson's version of 'And I Am Telling You' released!
 Oct 9 2006, 07:37:46 PM
Not so much small as more intimate. Still big and booming and overwhelming, just more intimate.
 Oct 9 2006, 10:59:28 AM
I'll tell why Jennifer didn't win: because those damn Idol producers and judges kept pushing her to tone things down. She wasn't "safe" enough. She was too powerful and they couldn't handle it. Sound familiar?
 Oct 8 2006, 05:21:28 PM
Just so everyone knows, this is not the final mix of the song. Jenn went back and rerecorded her vocal, plus the orchestrations have been redone. This is according to Accuracy1, who's worked closely on the film.
re: Dreamgirls - Official Trailer
 Oct 3 2006, 06:44:58 PM
Well we got them from someone who just popped onto our boards with it. They deleted everything as soon as legal action was threatened. So, I'm not sure how we could get them to you. Curtis?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You